TheBalm Balms Away Eye Makeup Breakup

3.6

Mineral Oil, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (and) Linoleic Acid (and) Soybean (Glycine soja) Sterol (and) Phospholipids.

on 10/27/2016 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

First of all, i read in a lot of reviews that the balms makeup remover is just like vaseline but i taught to myself that it cant be true because i love their other products and so i taught i would give it a shot.

Trust me IT IS JUST LIKE VASELINE. The only difference is that vaseline is a little bit (i mean a tiny bit) more runny. I tried using the balm on one eye and vaseline on the other eye and they both did the exact same thing.

The Balm is OK with removing makeup but so is vaseline or baby oil or coconut oil. However it does not melt away the make up and i always have some khol left under my lower lash line which goes off with a little baby oil

I got the balm makeup remover from feelunique.com for £15.50 which is way too much for something that does exactly the same as vaseline

The packaging too is not great as it is in a tin container and i have to keep dipping my finger into it making it unhygienic

I would NEVER EVER EVER NEVER repurchase it

Also since I want to finish it off as i hate wasting my products, I use it to take my lip makeup off. Again just like vaseline, the balm does take the make off

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

O dear God no. You mine as well slab Vaseline all over your eyes and save your money hunny. This didn't do a good job at taking my eye makeup off and left such an irritating film over my eyes no matter how much I rinsed and rinsed. Mind you that I didn't even have waterproof makeup on and it still sucked at taking it off and like I said all it did was just irritate my eyes. Returned the next day. You are better off using all natural coconut oil. Believe me....it works much better and is waaay more cost effective than this expensive as$ little tin. sorry but this was an epic fail..I really don't understand the great reviews..but hey to each their own I guess

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/14/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was very sceptical of using this, thinking it would be greasy and leave residue in my eyes. How wrong was I? Love it! You simply rub it gently over your lashes, wipe clean and voilà, make up is gone! It's the only thing that removes my Mac mascara without leaving me with panda eyes the next morning. The skin round my eyes isn't irritated or dry. Don't ever plan on being without this.

I received a BNIB one of these as a freebie thank you gift from a sweet seller I had on Facebook, she wanted to share as it's one of her favorite products! And I can see why! This just melts the makeup right off my eyes with minimal rubbing required, it actually moisturizes and hydrates my eye area, and leaves it all feeling clean and soft. And such a huge tin of it for such a low price (when I decide to repurchase this, which I will!). I don't know why I never picked this one up before, but now I will never be without it.

on 3/23/2015 8:17:00 PM

Most will find this product too much for their every day makeup needs. As someone who always wears liquid eyeliner, tightlines and heavy waterproof mascara - this does the trick.

I like this product. I only use this on my eyes - I think it would be too thick for the rest of my face.

At night, I grab a little bit and rub into my eyes (I wear heavy eyeliner/mascara) to "melt". I then use a cleanser on the rest of my face and wash everything off with a washcloth. If there is any eye makeup left a bit of Bioderma on a cotton pad get rids of it.

The only downfall is the packaging - I wish it were more hygienic. As for the price, I've had my container for over a year, use it every night and have barely made a dent in it. I don't know of any other eye makeup remover that is that cost effective.

on 12/29/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I use it every time I need to get my *waterproof* eyeliner/mascara/shadow off. It works very well. It breaks down the product just after a few seconds of rubbing. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging, as I feel it could become somewhat unhygienic after a while.

This product really is crap! This stuff sucks so bad it's terrible you have to rub this stuff in and grab a tissue and wipe off because this isn't gonna wash off at all. The worst part is that this has so much product in it that I have to finish it. I hate to just leave products unused and lesson learned I will never repurchase again.

on 9/22/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Decided to give this product a try. It does remove eye makeup and mascara. However its a little on the greasy side. Will be using the remainder up and not buying another tin.

on 8/10/2013 7:33:00 PM

This product is crap for use as a make-up remover. It is like taking Crisco and smearing all over your eyes and then trying to wipe and rub to get it all off. I was about to toss in the trash and thought I would come here to see if other reviewers have used it differently and gotten better results. Well it looks like the majority agree it's crap for removing make-up but I read one review about using as cuticle cream and then decided to go one further and use as a night cream for my heels, knees and elbows. It is only because I found another use for it that it got 3 lippies, but Vaseline would work just as well for the alternate uses and is a lot cheaper. I will not purchase again but do like all the other TheBalm products that I have purchased.

on 1/22/2013 11:47:00 PM

Just a tad bit lighter than straight vaseline...not what I want to smear and pull on my eyelids. I tried different approaches in using this and always ended up tugging on my eyes with a blurry residue. I llike a lot of TheBalm products but not this one!