Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder! I use this everyday on top of my foundation and concealer and it sets it. It does give you extra coverage which I don't mind. It does have a floral smell to it, personally, I like it and it doesn't irritate my skin, but that's just me. It lasts all day and keeps my face matte but not overly cakey if you use it right. I'd definitely repurchase if I run out, but it is a little expensive..

on 7/18/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am very pleased with this product. I use it dry with powder puff and brush. It is lightweight like it says. Does NOT settle in lines. It is very similar to Mac's studio fix in terms of coverage, but Lancome beats studio fix in terms of lightweight feeling, does not cake when used dry. I have extremely sensitive skin; I cannot put anything on my face without breaking out, I have done many trial and error to find products that work with my skin. I have not broken out with this product. Right now it is 100 degrees and muggy. This product controls shine real well and I have oily skin. Many people have commented on the scent, I find it pleasant and do not smell it when its on my face. My husband likes the scent and often snuggles me just to get a whiff of my face. I tried this product with a wet sponge as directed, it does give more coverage, but the color also goes on darker. I suggest trying this product wet at the counter because you may have to purchase a lighter color if you plan on using it wet all the time.

on 7/18/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

This is a very good powder foundation for normal and combination skin types. This powder is not for very oily or very dry skin types.

It comes in a gray boxed packaging with the lancome enblem on the box, an instruction booklet (more like an information manual about the product: who its for, how to use it, that kind of thing), an included sponge wraped in tight plastic packaging within the box, and the shiny black compact with an included pink and white powder puff with the lancome enblem sketched on it. This compact has the lancome name sketched in gold on the top closure part.

My experience getting matched at the counter was extensive, because there are so many shades to choose from. But despite the many shades, only one shade worked the best for me and matched my neck tones perfectly. So, i'm assuming that for every other woman, only one shade will perfectly match her.

The colors to choose from are skin true shades, with emphasis on undertone, cool (pink or red undertones) and warm (olive or yellow undertones).

The finish varies by the tool that you use. If you use the included sponge, the finish will be full coverage matte, and if your oilier, you'll have to touch up throughout the day, but its certainly not as much touching up as with liquid makeup (so thats a plus!). If you use a brush, the finish is light to medium coverage soft mattte, which actually leaves a glow to your skin and doesn't emphasize fine lines (great tool for normal/combination skin).

My skin type is normal to slightly dry (i have peeling issues if i don't use moisturizer after I cleanse, even in the summer), but I do get oily throughout the day due to humidity in the summer. Although my skin is normal, i prefer a matte finish, just to look smooth and fresh all day.

I use an olay complete spf 30 sensitive skin moisture lotion before I apply makeup (after cleansing and exfoliating of course!), which works as a moisturizer and primer.

Then I apply Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup with a powder brush (i'm planning on getting sonia kashuk's retractable, right now i have her full size white handled powder brush, trish mcevoy also has soft brushes, but i bought hers off ebay because her line is very expensive) in shade Matte Miel Fonce (C) (b/c i have red undertones), and blend to medium-full coverage. If you use a brush your skin can still show through without emphasizing fine lines and looking too made up.

Two things I don't like about Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup are the following:

The formula is NOT transfer resistant. Particularly when you use the included sponge (or a replacement sponge, i recommend sonia kashuk's non-latex white sponge, its the softest and most blendable), this makeup gets everywhere: on my clothes, on my hands. I can't even touch my face in distress of anything without this makeup transfering to my fingertips.

While using a full size or retractable powder brush the dual finish is a little more transfer resistant, but not by much.

All powders leave a stain anyway, because their powders. So the transfer issue is not a big one.

The second thing I have an issue with about this makeup is that no shades in intensity IV are available in the fragrance free formula. I think Lancome should definitely add three shades in the intensity IV range to the fragrance free dual finish shade collection.

And actually my opinion on that is a little stronger, I actually think that lancome should transfer all shades to the fragrance free collection, and leave the regular dual finish to just a few shades from each intensity, because more women have senstive skin now, due to the sun and the change in seasons and extreme weather conditions.

The price of this product is roughly 35 US dollars, but its not really an issue, because of all the benefits included.

I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/19/2009 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like this powder.
First of all its pretty expensive and it also gives you a really cakey look.
The only reason I ever even tried this powder was because my mom is obsessed with Lancome and insisted that I try it.
I personally don't like it at all and don't plan on ever buying it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

How did I ever live without this? Ok, for years I have been looking for my HG foundation and this baby has been sitting right under my nose all this time! I recently found my HG winter foundation and now this! I actually worked for Lancome 15 years or so ago and my manager swore by this but she had acne and the other things she was using on her face made this stuff look cakey and her skin dry. Well, I just recently decided I wanted to use a powder foundation in the summer months and decided to give it a try with my new skincare regime and WOW! I love this stuff! There is an unscented one also but I actually like the fragrance and am not sensitive to it. I put my Lancome Primordiale Serum on and let that dry, then put the Dual Finish on and my skin looked flawless all day! Take the time to find your color match and most should love this! Just make sure you have the right skincare program going. For me, I am using Paula's Choice One step cleanser(a.m.), Primordiale Serum(a.m.), at night PC cleanser again then PC Skin Recovery Antioxidant and once or twice a week Lancome's gentle exfoliator(one in pink tube) and Empriente mask after that.(I also use their Progres and R.A.R.E. eye creams) I have been using such harsh things on my face and I am figuring out that isn't in my skins best interest. I am 42, wrinkled, sun damaged, have pores that clog easily and the Dual finish works great with my regime! Love it! For reference, I am tan and use Honey III. $35.50 at Nordstrom, Macy's, NM etc..

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this powder in the unscented option. I use it to set my Teint Idol foundation, also by Lancome. I like the matte finish and it makes my foundation last through the majority of the day. I find this powder very comparable to the Chanel powder I was using that was unfortunately discontinued:( Will repurchase.

on 1/9/2007 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I use to use this years ago and tried it once more. Lets just say its a very expensive medium coverage powder. I only used the sponge applicator because I have normal/oily skin and it cakes up upon every time I use it- looks very blotchy. To top it all off, the Lancome Makeup artist choose the wrong shade, so it looked very chalky. So I used this over a tinted moisturizer to mix the two colors in to match me. Its just too much trouble. The worst part was the sponge caked the powder up and left a residue/film so I cant even use it anymore, YUCK!! I looked at the ingrediants and it contains talc, talc is soooo bad for your skin, I thought I was buying a superior product but this is no different that whats in the drugstore. The only thing I liked about this was that it smells wonderful so I will kept some lippies because the smell reminds me of when I use to use it years ago.

on 1/2/2004 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This product can be applied with a damp sponge or with a brush (it comes with a puff but i never use those). When applied with the dampen sponge, it gives really good coverage. When applied with a brush it looks really natural & matte. A good product to set your liquid foundations with. Plus, i like the smell & i didnt get any breakouts. The mirror in this thing is huge.. lol.
The downside is that the color doesnt match me too well, i am between a too light one and a too tanned one. I bought the tanned one and apply it with a very light hand since the lighter one might look chalky on me.