Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 36-43
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.1

on 11/8/2015 1:36:00 PM

I think I can say that Lancome Dual Finish was the first love of my life. Later, I found my husband and he become the second :)
It has been my only foundation for many, many years and although I tried many times to be unfaithful, my skin didn't like the substitutes.
The secret is to apply it with a brush. Nothing else work for me and I never apply it wet. I have tried it but the result has been really bad.
Liquid foundation seems to look good in other people and I want that for me but no matter the brand, even the most expensive, it looks cakey on my face.

My steps:
1 - Moisturizer - It is important not to have dry skin when I apply powder
2 - Foundation primer (BareMinerals Prime Time, Smashbox Photo Finish, etc.) to have foundation last all day
3 - Lancome dual finish with a large brush
3 - Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray (I got this as a gift with the purchase of Eyeshadow Primer Potion and I like it so far - It removes the "powder" look and makes it look flawless)

I know I didn't include the "corrector" under the eyes as one of the steps and for some people that is almost a sin but that product doesn't look in everyone (I am one of those) - it doesn't correct sometimes. It makes the fine lines more visible...

I do recommend Lancome Dual Finish :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I bought this with high hopes after reading the reviews on here. The coverage is ok but the strong rose scent is awful. Don't get me wrong, I like roses. But the scent of this powder is so overpowering, it actually made my eyes water.

I highly recommend this product despite the price that seems high. It is actually well worth the price for a couple or resons:

1) the product provides great coverage either wet or dry.

2) the product lasts a very long time. I wear it every day and it lasts for more than two years.

The quality of the sponge and the pad are very good, not like the budget brands. You get what you pay for.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of the few products I buy repeatedly. I mainly use this as a powder and it gives a really good coverage as far as powder is concerned. I occaisionaly use it wet for a sophisticated evening look however it will run out very quickly this way and this is not a cheap product. It does last several years I will admit using it dry. It comes in very handy for a quick repair/coverup if you have to dash out without your foundation.
I just wish that they would sell replacement latex sponges!!

on 4/30/2009 9:09:00 PM

I've used this for years and love it as an everyday compact to keep in your purse. I used to use it as a foundation on those lazy days I didn't want to apply liquid foundation but didn't get the coverage I needed. I've recently changed over to the Make Up Forever Duo foundation powder for more coverage and love it. But I will never give up the Lancome Dual Finish powder for my purse.

on 1/27/2006 12:15:00 AM

This product made me break out and get really oily. Dont like it at all.

on 8/16/2003 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love using the dual finish when I want to apply my makeup very quickly. It's fast and easy to apply. I like this is sooo much better than MAC Studiofix - it's not as cakey and heavy. I also prefer this to Stila IPF.