Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.2

on 4/6/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use a powder over my MUFE F&B foundation to add a bit of coverage and to keep my face from sliding off since I have a very oily t-zone. I had been using the MUFE Duo Mat in 214 but I noticed that it was a bit orange for me and wanted something with a better color match. Someone suggested the Lancôme Dual Finish Powder.

The first thing I noticed about this powder is that it has a more luminous and satin finish than the Duo Mat. I wasn't sure how I felt about that since I really wanted to look matte, although my skin does look pretty at first. However, "luminous" skin can quickly turn into "oil slick" skin. As expected I do tend to have to blot a little earlier than usual but I find that this powder holds up very well and at the end of the day it still looks much better than the duo mat.

In addition to that it does provide good coverage that lasts all day and fills in my pores for a nice, soft, smooth, finish. One good thing about the satin finish is that this powder looks like skin. It doesn't cakey or anything.

I bought this in 500 Suede and the color match is much better than the 214 in Duo Mat. I will be buying this powder again

on 11/8/2015 1:36:00 PM

I think I can say that Lancome Dual Finish was the first love of my life. Later, I found my husband and he become the second :)
It has been my only foundation for many, many years and although I tried many times to be unfaithful, my skin didn't like the substitutes.
The secret is to apply it with a brush. Nothing else work for me and I never apply it wet. I have tried it but the result has been really bad.
Liquid foundation seems to look good in other people and I want that for me but no matter the brand, even the most expensive, it looks cakey on my face.

My steps:
1 - Moisturizer - It is important not to have dry skin when I apply powder
2 - Foundation primer (BareMinerals Prime Time, Smashbox Photo Finish, etc.) to have foundation last all day
3 - Lancome dual finish with a large brush
3 - Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray (I got this as a gift with the purchase of Eyeshadow Primer Potion and I like it so far - It removes the "powder" look and makes it look flawless)

I know I didn't include the "corrector" under the eyes as one of the steps and for some people that is almost a sin but that product doesn't look in everyone (I am one of those) - it doesn't correct sometimes. It makes the fine lines more visible...

I do recommend Lancome Dual Finish :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I could not get past the heavy scent of this product. Even if it didn't make me want to scratch my face off, I would not want to smell like old roses in a stuffy room.

The packaging on this is beautiful! I wish there were more powders at a lower price that looked so nice. The powder does a fairly good job covering and is great to add a little extra coverage over a light foundation or tinted moisturizer - or to touch up during the day. It does feel heavy on your face, though it doesn't look cakey at all. No shine control on this and for me the color didn't look very real outdoors so I won't be repurchasing.

I bought this with high hopes after reading the reviews on here. The coverage is ok but the strong rose scent is awful. Don't get me wrong, I like roses. But the scent of this powder is so overpowering, it actually made my eyes water.

on 12/24/2014 12:30:00 PM

Despite the relatively high purchase price, this is actually a good value foundation as you get a lot of product - 19g - compared to many other higher-end brands that are in the 9-11g range. It feels light and comfortable on my sensitive skin, with no itchiness or irritation. I get best results when applying this straight after moisturiser or primer while my skin is still damp. If I apply with a brush, I get smooth, even, light to medium coverage that wears well over the course of the day. Although this foundation applies matte, in a hot climate it settles to more of a natural, dewy finish which is fine for my relatively dry skin, but may not satisfy someone with a very oily t-zone.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really enjoyed using this product because of its multifunctioning qualities. I don't think I've ever used a Lancme product I did not like! I primarily used this as a foundation by wetting my foundation brush and dipping it into the product. I generally don't think to use powder(ish?) foundations because I often make the assumption they won't provide the same amount of coverage as a liquid foundation. This is a great place to start experimenting since it can go on damp/wet. It can also be used as a pressed powder for touch ups throughout the day. Typically I use Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder and Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder to mattify, so far I've been using this product strictly as a foundation. I really love how this is buildable and easy to blend. There are 25 shades to choose from, so finding a match isn't a problem. Definitely check this out if you're interested in multipurpose product or are a fan of Lancme in general!

on 9/12/2014 4:16:00 PM

This powder is absolutely amazing. If you are looking for full coverage and flawless finish I recommend using it with tent idole ultra 24h foundation. However this powder works wonders alone as well. The powder minimizes big pores and conceals imperfections like no other. Also, I use the powder as a concealer over hard to cover acne scars. It can be used as a dry powder or by wetting a small concealer brush it can also be applied wet. The powder has a nice light clean floral scent as mist Lancome products do. The only problem I've had is settling into under eye lines...but if I wait for my foundation and mousturizer to completely dry I do not have this issue. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for full coverage great concealing long lasting powder ! I will now be a forever Lancome user... I have found my HG. The powder withstood the test of my very demanding physical labor jib for over seven hours it still looked just as perfect and fresh as when I applied early in the a.m.

on 8/14/2013 8:31:00 PM

it's very small, but it lasts quite a long time . If you have oily or combination skin you will start to get oily in the first 4 or 5 hours depending on if it's hot or not. If you sweat it will come off. It works very well on making my face looking matte and I really like it. I would buy this again, when I get the money. It is $38 at sephora. which is a little expensive, but it works well! so all in all very good.

on 12/28/2012 10:53:00 AM

I love this product and use it daily. I have used it for a couple years now and it lasts a long time. If i could change one thing about the products packaging it would be the material the top lip is. It looks pretty but i find it scratches and looks junky really easily. I dont find the smell overwhelming as i have seen others report, or I'm used to it :P It is a good coverage for me as i have fair skin with few imperfections and it goes over really nicely on my Josie Maran foundation. deffinattley a re buy. It did seem expensive at first though, which is why i took off a lippie.