Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 44-55
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.2

on 2/4/2017 6:17:00 PM

I have been using Lancome for at least 25 years and this was the product that introduced me to Lancome. I can't begin to imagine how many times I have purchased this foundation. Just a couple weeks ago, I spent my Saturday (the entire day) online reading about different foundations and their reviews. I was concerned that my nearly 46 year old face might need something different than my 20-something face. My skin was and still is, both oily and sometimes dry. It appeared to me, most of the foundations geared to my age group are designed more for dry skin, which is not what I need. I also wanted a foundation that could be shear or full coverage depending on the day. Having the flexibility to use as a wet or dry foundation has truly spoiled me over the years and I had no clue.

In the morning, I wash my face, apply serum and moisturizer, then I apply primer (when I remember), and then I use a foundation brush to apply my Dual Finish Powder. I leave it at that if I want a lighter look, which happens most days. When I am looking for more coverage, I use the sponge that came with the compact and with that I can control where and how much I apply. I use the edge of the sponge under my eyes and across the top and side of my nose, which has been a great concealer for me over the years. I then use the flat portion of the sponge across my forehead, cheeks and chin. To be honest, I don't like the look of heavy makeup and I don't like the way it looks on me just after I applied the makeup, but after a few minutes when my natural oils do their thing, I think my makeup looks fabulous! I'm going to be sticking with this foundation.

on 1/2/2015 2:59:00 AM

Like many others, I've spent thousands on all kinds of makeup products. Interestingly enough, when I first got the dual finish, I didn't think it looked good on me. What I was doing was applying a liquid, crème or mousse type foundation (told you - I've spent a lot of $$ on makeup). I was frustrated because I thought I went a little more upscale and thought still nothing was working!

One day I decided to stop messing around with the foundations and just apply the powder. (Note: the consultants will tell you that it takes a minute for the power to set. They're right.) . What a difference. It covered over a lot of the flaws and gave my skin a much smoother look. The little red areas disappeared.

Because I'm in my 50's I'd decided to explore the skin care moisturizers. I now use a Lancôme (Renergie) moisturizer and Estee Lauder spf 50 sunscreen, the combo of which makes my skin looks even toned, then on top of that the dual finish. Let me tell you - this works. I've been consistently receiving compliments on my skin. Highly recommend.

on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

on 10/21/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: I've looked for drugstore dupes and the closest I can find is Revlon Nearly Naked powder and Maybelline Fit ME powder. Neither go on in a powdery fashion and blend in well with skin.

This is the powder my mother wore and it gave her aged skin a pretty diffusion and evenness belying her years. So I decided to try for my face and I really like this too. It doesn't emphasize wrinkles and will not totally cover imperfections but looks so skinlike. You can build coverage with a little effort but even with multiple layers this powder does not look chalky or heavy. I love the scent; it's very pretty and makes it a pleasure to apply. (And if this is the smell that reminds my children and grandchildren of me, I can think of way worse things!) Powder feels weightless on my skin, and doesn't make my skin or rosacea freak out. I'm a NC 25 and I wear buff. Also when you buy from Lancome they have the best GWPs

on 6/12/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wore Dual Finish for years when I was in my late 30's and abandoned it in my 40's, probably because that was around the time when all the Miraculous Age-Defying, Line-Erasing, Wrinkle-Smoothing, Laundry-Folding makeup lines launched. Over my non Dual Finish years I've tried dozens (literally) of liquid, creme, mousse and powder foundations...and liked many of them. For whatever reason, I suddenly remembered good old Dual Finish and raced to Macy's to see if it was as wonderful as I remembered. IT IS! I swirl it on with a brush...as the Lancome makeup artist did...and the coverage is as lovely and natural and smooth as ever. It's extremely buildable, and gives a flawless, even finish without looking cakey or chalky. I touch-up my nose with the foam puff midday if there's any shine. I'm wearing it alone now because I hate liquid makeup during the summer, but when the colder weather comes it will still have a place in my makeup bag. Dual Finish...forgive me! I cheated on you for years...but you took me back...and now I think we're going to live happily and flawlessly ever after!

on 2/29/2008 11:45:00 PM

This love pressed powder. I have been using this one for SO many years! It works beautifully, both wet and dry. It doesn't look cakey on the skin. I have tried many other pressed powders, because I want to look at a new case (!), but I always return to this product.

on 9/24/2007 11:32:00 AM

I have used this for years. During my 20's, 30's, 40s, pregnancies, "no makeup" au natural years, burlesque "Makeup Queen" years, and now. I have used it so long that I am only just now realizing that the other makeup lines have probably developed competing products that I should try. I am now trying MAC studio fix - which works nice with a brush. But, I have Lancome dual foundation in my purse, in my makeup drawer, and a spare that I can't find. I just go back to it as a staple item. Looks great alone. If you wear it over foundation - make sure the foundation is not too powdery. The Lancome Mousse foundation is not a good pairing with this product.
About color - I think Lancome has some of the nicest color selections for foundations.
Me - 44, Auburn/Hazel, Fair/medium C3-C4, normal skin

I love this! I only use it dry. It gives me a little heavier coverage than Cover Girl. Smells great. Goes on very silky. Does not look like I have it on. Very happy with it and will buy again!

I love a matte look and have probably tried every product out there. I can't stand liquid foundation (no matter how thin you apply it.) I have been using Dual Finish (Matt Bisque II) for ages now and it makes my not-so-flawless skin look flawless. Most friends think I don't wear foundation or powder. I keep looking to see what is out there as far as a matte-look powder/foundation and have found nothing to equal this. My only complaint (and the only reason I'm still looking elsewhere) is the cost. I think it's outragiously expensive...$39.50 not including tax. BUT I'm still using it.