Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.5

on 7/17/2018 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Coverage is excellent for a powder foundation. However, this is not for those with pores or laugh lines - it settles into them almost immediately. Also, anybody can tell that you are wearing foundation on your skin (applied three layers with my chanel kabuki - dry application). So, do not expect a "your skin but better" look. You definitely need at least three layers to achieve full coverage. The smell is also strong enough that when I drink my coffee wearing this, I smell the powder and not my coffee!

on 8/18/2013 3:16:00 PM

This product is so amazing I actually decided to make an account on Makeup Alley just to review it. It deserves to be raved about! I have had difficulties finding a perfect skin makeup product, and besides my Chanel vita lumiere foundation, everything has been too much/not enough coverage, bad-buildup, too orange, too pink, not lasting on my oily-combo skin etc etc...... well this powder is none of those things and will be PERMANENTLY in my makeup bag. Thank you Lancome!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this powder. I was looking for a powder that would double as a setting and powder foundation if I wanted it to, this is it! My all time favorite is the Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral Powder, but the coverage in that is so full, if I use it to set my liquid foundation, my face looks really cakey. This powder eliminates that problem! I love it. It also keeps my combination/oily skin relatively matte all day, while still keeping my foundation in tact. Great great powder, with an amazing color selection, beautiful packaging, and versatile coverage.

The scent in this is SUPER strong, and really mature, but it usually goes away, and does not break me out like most Lancome face products do. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a multipurpose face powder with a great color range!

I bought this makeup with a Macy's giftcard, otherwise I'm sure I would have had to have had some extra cash or put it on my card. It's pretty spendy, but it's also amazing. I have it in the lightest shade, Porcelaine, which is actually nearly a perfect fit for me. It's actually a tad light, but I figure it's better to have your makeup a tad too light than too dark. All you need to make it look darker is a bit of bronzer or a darker finishing powder. I tried it dry at first, but I didn't think the coverage was good enough, so I dampened the sponge. I do love the buildable coverage. The girl at the counter advised against the sponge because they are bacteria factories, so I am going to try my hardest to wash it in boiling water and vinegar once a week or so. I won't be wearing it every day because I want to make it last a long time for what I spent for it. I'm saving it for wear on my days off of work :)

on 2/2/2011 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Although I think this is a little expensive, it's worth it! I love it. It's the perfect touch-up-half-way-through-the-day powder for me - I keep this in my purse. It even works to slightly conceal my undereyes if I need a little pick me up mid-day. I would buy it again, even due to the price. It has a bit of an "old lady" makeup scent, but I secretly like it because it reminds me of my Granny :)

on 12/17/2010 5:13:00 PM

Ok so this powder works well for me, I'm nc30 and wear the shade. Matte buff II. The shade is very well suited to my skin tone and the finish is so pretty. It doesn't look cakey but it keeps my skin matte all day. While I was pregnant my skin changed from oily to dry especially in the t zone. And this powder actually looks better than it used to. I'm still on my first compact and have had for well ove a year. A word of advice though, do not use the puff that it comes with I use a sonia kashuk face powder brush and the finish is flawless. Oh and the packaging is sturdy and the mirror is good quality I've dropped this so many times and it has never broken. for on the go touchups I use my too faced kabuki brush. Hope this helps.

A nice powder, something different than my traditional MAC studio fix. It has a rose smell to it which I do not care for but I know it's a classic smell from a classic brand. The smell goes away fairly quickly...The coverage is lovely...lightweight but still covers. I use a brush to set my liquid and then I sponge on during the day. Matte powder but still gives your skin a glow if that makes sense. The price is a little high, almost $50 CDN...all in all really nice and worth a try if you can. I have not yet used it wet and don't think I will. Also a tip- leave the plastic on so that your sponge doesn't touch the powder!

on 11/12/2008 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this powder. I have relatively normal skin so a lot of mornings all I will use on my skin is moisturizer and this product. Just pat it on with the sponge and it looks flawless. I use the puff for midday touch-ups. I have a medium/light skin (NC20/NC25) and Matte Neutrale II is the absolute perfect shade. This compact is definitely on the expensive side, but the color is so perfect I will never change.

on 5/15/2008 2:05:00 PM

So cakey! I needed a powder to set my foundation, but this was almost like putting foundation on top of foundation, it was so very heavy...if you like a lot of makeup and coverage, this will do the trick...but if I already have foundation on, I don't want more makeup, I just want something to set it..i now use MAC mineralize powder which is absolutely wonderful, it's very light and luminous & sets my foundation perfectly

on 10/4/2005 5:57:00 PM

A girl witht he combination,more on the dryer side skin here.Well,I just bought this powder a week ago so I can pretty much tell what I like and dislike about it.
Pros:it glides on very evenly when applied with the thick applicator;it's not cakey,non-drying,in fact it moisturizes;gives very decent coverage.After reading the reviews here I was afraid it would cause breakouts but it didn't.I kinda like the smell,it doesn't bother me.
Cons:by end of the day my face looked a shade darker than it actually is.I guess face oil and oil in the powder ganged up together and created a darker shade.
I'm sure I will repurchase this powder in a lighter shade, and for now I'll just wear turtlenecks(come on,winter's coming) which conceal the fact that face and neck are of slightly different colour:)