Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

on 2/4/2017 6:17:00 PM

I have been using Lancome for at least 25 years and this was the product that introduced me to Lancome. I can't begin to imagine how many times I have purchased this foundation. Just a couple weeks ago, I spent my Saturday (the entire day) online reading about different foundations and their reviews. I was concerned that my nearly 46 year old face might need something different than my 20-something face. My skin was and still is, both oily and sometimes dry. It appeared to me, most of the foundations geared to my age group are designed more for dry skin, which is not what I need. I also wanted a foundation that could be shear or full coverage depending on the day. Having the flexibility to use as a wet or dry foundation has truly spoiled me over the years and I had no clue.

In the morning, I wash my face, apply serum and moisturizer, then I apply primer (when I remember), and then I use a foundation brush to apply my Dual Finish Powder. I leave it at that if I want a lighter look, which happens most days. When I am looking for more coverage, I use the sponge that came with the compact and with that I can control where and how much I apply. I use the edge of the sponge under my eyes and across the top and side of my nose, which has been a great concealer for me over the years. I then use the flat portion of the sponge across my forehead, cheeks and chin. To be honest, I don't like the look of heavy makeup and I don't like the way it looks on me just after I applied the makeup, but after a few minutes when my natural oils do their thing, I think my makeup looks fabulous! I'm going to be sticking with this foundation.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually found this powder in my mom's makeup stash and it had never been used and it seemed like a good enough match for my skin that it became mine ;) I don't dabble in powders often unless it is to top off a liquid foundation, but i have purchased a few to wear as my sole makeup for the day and was disappointed with patchiness and such. Upon further use, the shade I have, Buff II is a bit too pink for me but it works. It is the first powder I feel like I LOVE. it is soft and silky, yet provides a veil over my skin on those days I don't feel like wearing much makeup and manages to control my oil. I just look like I have perfect skin when I wear this without looking powdery. I'll just do my eyebrows, mascara, and this powder and I'm good to go when I want to tone it down. I would absolutely recommend this and I am tempted to go buy it in my perfect shade. i would like it if the powder puff it comes with had a slip for your fingers to slide into for better control. that is why I docked one lippie on packaging. Otherwise it is sleek and classy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

bleh, couldn't get past the smell of this product. the coverage is pretty poor for a powder foundation

on 6/1/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've never really tried powder foundations because I thought that it wouldn't cover as well as a liquid foundation. After reading the reviews on here i decided to try it and I must say I am really pleased with it! I just put some concealer on my acne scars and put this powder on top and the finish is beautiful! Gives medium to full coverage and makes my skin look matte and flawless. It's a little expensive at $38.50, but it looks like it will last a long time. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 5/28/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've wanted to try this for years but always chickened out because of the price. I should have tried it sooner, because it works great on my skin. It doesn't get cakey when used to set my liquid foundation, and it doesn't totally dry me out when I wear it on its own. I'm not really a powder-foundation type of gal but this is really, really nice. Guess it's a classic for a reason.

If you don't like fragrance, stay away. This is pretty strongly scented, but it doesn't last. I kind of like the scent, even though I guess I'm supposed to be careful with my sensitive skin...but so far, no issues!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder was love at first use. To me, the finish is best described as 'luminous matte'. I have a difficult time finding powders that don't make my already dry skin look even drier, but this is just beautifully natural looking. Paired with my Teint Idole foundation, it makes my skin feel and look smooth and fresh with only 1 touch up throughout the day. I think the floral scent could be a little much for some, but I actually adore it! I do wish the little puff thing was in it's own compartment, but over the packaging is very sturdy and classic looking. Certainly a new favorite!

on 1/2/2015 2:59:00 AM

Like many others, I've spent thousands on all kinds of makeup products. Interestingly enough, when I first got the dual finish, I didn't think it looked good on me. What I was doing was applying a liquid, crme or mousse type foundation (told you - I've spent a lot of $$ on makeup). I was frustrated because I thought I went a little more upscale and thought still nothing was working!

One day I decided to stop messing around with the foundations and just apply the powder. (Note: the consultants will tell you that it takes a minute for the power to set. They're right.) . What a difference. It covered over a lot of the flaws and gave my skin a much smoother look. The little red areas disappeared.

Because I'm in my 50's I'd decided to explore the skin care moisturizers. I now use a Lancme (Renergie) moisturizer and Estee Lauder spf 50 sunscreen, the combo of which makes my skin looks even toned, then on top of that the dual finish. Let me tell you - this works. I've been consistently receiving compliments on my skin. Highly recommend.

on 11/19/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I did not have good results with Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile. I have mature skin and this powder foundation did nothing to improve my appearance. I purchased Buff which was the closest to my medium fair, cool undertone, but not a perfect match. After several hours, my face appeared ashen, pale and chalky even with blush. This foundation also emphasized my pores and marionette lines despite using a good moisturizer under for slip. Returned to Macy's after two days with my receipt.

Packaging: Plastic square compact which is OK, but comes with a flimsy, thin round sponge.

Possibly a good product for those with younger skin (20s-40s) as light foundation or a touch up powder but definitely not for older, dry, mature skin as a foundation alone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite foundation. I wear the Matte Buff 2, and it's a perfect match for my skin. I have oily skin with big pores and don't generally see a shine for 3 or 4 hours after application. I too agree that $38 seems expensive initially, but it's about twice as large (.62oz) as many comparable powders. Considering that I can use this as a foundation and powder in one, I definitely think it's worth the cost. I've tried many other brands and haven't found any that covers as well without being cakey or shiny.

on 8/18/2013 3:16:00 PM

This product is so amazing I actually decided to make an account on Makeup Alley just to review it. It deserves to be raved about! I have had difficulties finding a perfect skin makeup product, and besides my Chanel vita lumiere foundation, everything has been too much/not enough coverage, bad-buildup, too orange, too pink, not lasting on my oily-combo skin etc etc...... well this powder is none of those things and will be PERMANENTLY in my makeup bag. Thank you Lancome!