Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.7

on 7/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

I purchased this second time because last time I purchased years ago, the shade was too dark so this time i purchased in light shade. However, I did not know that this powder was not very compatible with me.

Con: First of all, it kinda cakes up. (I used the enclosed sponge. Maybe using brush might yield a different result?). Scent is very strong rosy granny style. the surface of the powder kinda turns weird(oil seems to harden it)

Pro: This product does not break me out. Last time I purchased in Neutral and was way too dark for me. This time I purchased in Ivorie W and was slightly light for me but was Ok.

I would not repurchase this because this is horrible to use as touch up.
I am interested in Lancome Cushion Foundation at the moment.

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

This product is okay. I was looking for a replacement for my Rock and Republic powder which has been sadly depleted. I would like this product more if it didn't smell so much like an old lady. The powder didn't over or underwhelm me that much. The price is a bit more than a drugstore brand, but it hasn't done anything to really impress me. I will use this product up, but the old lady smell is preventing me from repurchasing it again.

on 8/17/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Matte Ecru II, which is a decent match for my NC25 skin. It's not nearly as yellow-toned as my HG Diorskin Forever compact foundation in Linen, but oh well. Lancome foundations tend to run a little too pink/peach for me anyway. I apply Dual Finish with a damp Beautyblender sponge for a flawless finish. I only use this foundation on days when I bascially only need to even out my skintone a little but not look like I'm wearing makeup because Dual Finish gives a very light coverage. You will not be able to cover up any blemishes, only mattify your skin and even your skintone a tiny bit. When applied wet, the finish more of a satiny matte instead of a powdery matte. I don't ever wear Dual Finish dry on its own so I can't say what the finish is like dry, but it's perfect wet and as a setting powder over liquid foundation. The fragrance is awful but fades after about 30 minutes. Lasting power is decent for me (I have combination to dry skin, not very oily and no large pores) but it will sweat off so I can only wear if it's not so hot out that I will sweat or if I'm going to be mostly in air conditioning.

This is a great matte, heavy-coverage foundation. I have only tried it dry. I don't think I will ever try it wet (just because I don't need another liquid/wet foundation) but if I do I will update this review.

When used dry, the foundation gives a very matte finish with considerable coverage. It doesn't look natural, and it gives you that look of having makeup on your face, just shy of looking cakey. I, however, actually kind of dig that kind of coverage/look sometimes and so when I want it (usually during the winter) I reach for this.

I have quite oily skin and this makeup keeps me oil-free for up to 5 hours, without primer, which is incredibly, incredibly impressive and one of the reasons I will probably repurchase this once I run out of this (and other powders).

I use this to set my BB cream and give me a little more coverage. I actually use the puff/sponge that it comes with and it works fine with that, as well as with a brush.

There is a fragrance, but I don't mind it. It reminds me of my mother. :)

CONSIDER IF:
- You like full-coverage, matte finish
- You have oily skin

SKIP IF:
- Allergies to fragrance/sensitive skin
- Dry skin (tends to get patchy in my experience)
- You want a natural finish

on 11/21/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was okay, I don't find any/limited coverage with this.
It settles int my dry skin and does not keep me matte for the whole day. Expensive product, but the packaging works.
Doesn't give me that flawless, natural looking skin I can achieve with my Rimmel Stay Matte (love!)
Does not break me out, good for dry-skin individuals.
Would not repurchase.

on 6/29/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this powder foundation, I don't know what it has but it simply makes you look glowing and flawless! This stuff really does not cake whatsoever, nor does it look powdery. The scent is a bit strong, but it fades once applied. I like this better than my Studio Fix Powder, because it doesn't feel heavy or make me breakout. The finish to this is really what I love, its gorgeous, I'm not sure about coverage, I'd say sheer to slightly medium, if built up. I heard it can also be wet to become a fuller coverage foundation, so its very versatile.

on 4/10/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very fair oily skin with imperfections and fine lines. I have been searching for a foundation that gives a matte but not cakey feeling and look while providing lots of coverage since I was a teen (now in my 30's). I have been using this for 5 years now and can't live without it. I hate to wear makeup except when I go out somewhere special. This is provides so much coverage, fills in pores and fine lines without cakeyness. It is so lightweight too you don't feel like your face is heavy. I have to say though I wish they made the compact differently. You have to keep the sponge separate because leaving it in the compact starts to make the makup get that shiney stuff on it from skin oils. Also, they do say you can wet the sponge to get even more matte and more coverage but I don't recommend this because the moisture from the sponge really does ruin the makeup no matter how careful you are. FYI, this compact lasts forever so although expensive you are not buying it all the time so its definitly worth it.

on 12/6/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this powder at 1st, gave me a really porcelain skin look but had to gave up on this since it started to break me out like crazy! I got this in the lightest shade, matte porcelaine and it matched really well with my NC20-15 skin. The scent is very powdery..baby powder? and I find using the puff better than the sponge..the sponge seem to make the powder go darker on the skin or maybe it's just me ahaha

I remember my mom using this stuff when I was in High School, and I'd always steal it and use it when I went out, but I remember it being too cakey. I didn't try it again until now. I actually really like it now. I don't think it's made for younger skin... I really like the wet or dry option and when used wet, it covers nicely. I really like the color too, Matt Sand III for me. But I really don't like the fragrance and I'm not too picky about that stuff. I believe there is a fragrance free version, but Macy's didn't have it in stock. I also think the compact itself is too bulky. There is a smaller version for $29.50 that's just slightly less bulky...but I went with the bigger compact so that I could get the free gift. I only buy dept store makeup when there is a free gift, otherwise it's just a little too expensive imo. But overall, as a powder foundation this stuff is pretty nice, but not an HG product.