Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

I like it a lot.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Lancome has done it again with this fabulous wet/dry formulation of powder makeup. The color Buff Beige is medium true beige that makes your skin look beautiful & covers minor imperfections. I like to go just a bit darker in all seasons, this color is but doesn't ever look too dark! It glides on dry so I've never used wet; it blends with your own skin moisture within minutes to give a nice glow to your skin. Coverage lasts all day & rarely creases, but if it does just wipe lightly & it blends instantly. This makeup is just like a mineral makeup, but the color is much better. I compared it to one of the mineral make up brands the coverage cannot be beat. I constantly get compliments that my skin looks amazing when I use it & I am 58! This makeup is the equivalent of Maqui Libre as far as I am concerned! The compact is sophisticated & they thoughtfully put a mirror & plastic cover inside so the applicator does not sit on the powder when stored. One suggestion would be to either include another cloth applicator or sell them separately. Try this makeup, you won't be disappointed! It applies quickly for working girls! You can use brush or the cloth applicator & layer the coverage. Lancome recently dropped the non-fragrance option, why do they do that? We sensitive women appreciate a company that cares; not just catering to the next generation!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually found this powder in my mom's makeup stash and it had never been used and it seemed like a good enough match for my skin that it became mine ;) I don't dabble in powders often unless it is to top off a liquid foundation, but i have purchased a few to wear as my sole makeup for the day and was disappointed with patchiness and such. Upon further use, the shade I have, Buff II is a bit too pink for me but it works. It is the first powder I feel like I LOVE. it is soft and silky, yet provides a veil over my skin on those days I don't feel like wearing much makeup and manages to control my oil. I just look like I have perfect skin when I wear this without looking powdery. I'll just do my eyebrows, mascara, and this powder and I'm good to go when I want to tone it down. I would absolutely recommend this and I am tempted to go buy it in my perfect shade. i would like it if the powder puff it comes with had a slip for your fingers to slide into for better control. that is why I docked one lippie on packaging. Otherwise it is sleek and classy.

on 3/15/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As a lot of other people have stated, there is a strong rose smell to it which is very off-putting. It kind of smells like chanel N 5 (very old ladiesque). For me it doesn't stay all day but I do smell it for at least an hour after applying. Especially when I go outside and the wind blows, I can smell my own face which is pretty irritating.
As for the powder, it doesn't offer that much coverage, I just use it to offset the white cast that my sunscreen leaves. It sets makeup very well, doesn't emphasize lines or pores or leave a flat matte finish. But, the smell is just too intense for me, I will not repurchase.

on 6/7/2015 7:12:00 PM

I have only ever used this powder. I've tried experimenting with a couple cheaper drugstore powders but I've always come back to this one so far.

I used it as both a setting powder and I've also built it up on days where I don't want to wear a lot of makeup.

As a setting powder it leaves a soft, velvet finish that helps to blur my pores and set my makeup. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and my oil production doesn't cause this powder to clump over time. I get oily within 2 hours, even while in doors, and I have yet to come across a product (including this powder) which has helped keep me T-zone matte for any longer than that. I still like the initial finish of it however.

As a foundation powder, I usually buff two layers of it on for a medium coverage and it does a good job of evening out my skin tone, and reducing the redness around my cheeks and nose. It also helps to slightly blur my super dark circles but I usually need concealer for those anyways.

Overall, I appreciate the versatility of the powder but at ~CDN$51 it is a very pricey powder. I'll probably always have this around the house as my sisters and mom have always relied on it but I'm in the mood right now to shop around for cheaper alternatives that can hopefully keep my T-zone matte for longer.

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

on 12/20/2014 8:23:00 PM

I bought this powder at Macy in shade Matte Wheat ll. This is a powder foundation. I didn't very like it or hate it. It's an ok product for setting foundation only. I think if you have nice skin you will like it. I don't like the colors also even with there Warm color not yellow enough. I can't find my match. I hate the packaging no separate compartment for the sponge. The powder is not soft or silky feel more chalky. There are better powder foundation out there. Bobbi Brown very soft and silky$48, Mac Studio fix powder $27, Makeup Forever Pro powder $36 and all have good packaging all have separate compartment for sponge, better colors selection yellow undertone.

on 11/16/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. I couldn't get past the nauseating old-lady perfume smell - super overpowering. The powder also gets caky very easily and although I tried it with numerous foundations, it never gave me a finish I was satisfied with. Going back to Studio Fix. Sorry, Lancome.

on 10/12/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Awesome! PS.....please email or FB me re: how do I post a pic? When I log in I immediately go to product review and no other options. Thanks! Patti Donnelly-Arnold or kingstonmom1960@gmail

on 9/12/2014 4:16:00 PM

This powder is absolutely amazing. If you are looking for full coverage and flawless finish I recommend using it with tent idole ultra 24h foundation. However this powder works wonders alone as well. The powder minimizes big pores and conceals imperfections like no other. Also, I use the powder as a concealer over hard to cover acne scars. It can be used as a dry powder or by wetting a small concealer brush it can also be applied wet. The powder has a nice light clean floral scent as mist Lancome products do. The only problem I've had is settling into under eye lines...but if I wait for my foundation and mousturizer to completely dry I do not have this issue. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for full coverage great concealing long lasting powder ! I will now be a forever Lancome user... I have found my HG. The powder withstood the test of my very demanding physical labor jib for over seven hours it still looked just as perfect and fresh as when I applied early in the a.m.