Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 19-24
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.2

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.

on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very excited about this product, but this product broke me out. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin therefore I am very prone to breakout.
Pro: easy to use
- work best as a setting powder than a powder alone

Cons: Fragrance
- after two hours, it create enlarge pores

The performance of this powder was not that impressive. I did not enjoy it as much as i thought I would have.

I've used this on and off...I never realized how good it was until I recently started using it again. My mom bought this for me because she wanted the free gift and didn't need anymore makeup lol. I got matched to the color Matte Honey III, and it matches my skin tone pretty well. The smell is a little strong, but I don't mind it too much. The finish is nice, never too powdery or cakey. It doesn't leave a white cast when I take photos, which a major plus! I do get slightly oily and this does help, although it doesn't last a long time but it's easy to reapply. It's just an overall really nice and soft feeling powder that does what I need it to and matches my skin. It is a little pricey, but with the free gift with purchase, it isn't too bad. It's better than most other powders i've tried, so i'll stick with it!

This product has worked really well for me so far. :) The coverage is nice and I do not require many touch ups during the day. I wear this alone on top of a light foundation! I have extremely sensitive skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. That is a VERY BIG PLUS! It honestly does remind me of Mac's Studio Fix powder, without the horrible acne associated with using that brand. I have the scented version of Dual. It's a little overpowering, but it becomes unnoticeable once applied. It's a little pricey at 37.50 but the compact will last me a while. We will see how it pans out for me in the next few months. So far I will repurchase!

on 2/2/2011 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Although I think this is a little expensive, it's worth it! I love it. It's the perfect touch-up-half-way-through-the-day powder for me - I keep this in my purse. It even works to slightly conceal my undereyes if I need a little pick me up mid-day. I would buy it again, even due to the price. It has a bit of an "old lady" makeup scent, but I secretly like it because it reminds me of my Granny :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really hate to give a bad review for this product. I used it for a month, and honestly fell in love with it at first. The color match was perfect, and the coverage and finish was great!

Unfortunately, this product contains Mineral Oil (second ingredient) - which is a known skin irritant, and something I must be allergic to. It broke me out horribly after continued use. Luckily I was able to return it for a store gift card.

So overall, I think this is a nice product if your skin is okay with mineral oil - unfortunately mine isn't so it didn't work out for me. =(

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first foundation that I ever tried and I always come back to it. It looks wonderful and applies beautifully with a nice fluffy brush. I find that applying with the sponge will get uneven results and heavy coverage, also a lot is trapped on the sponge, which I use disposables of for hygienic purposes. If you need heavier coverage than you just need a denser brush, ELF's powder brush gives me full coverage when I need it (not often). Even then you would have to go crazy with it to get that dry powder puff look. I wear matte porcelaine I and it's a perfect match to my natural skin color, and not too pink of an undertone for my asian skin, unlike alot of the other paler tones out there. I only move away from this when I start getting darker because of the sun. Even though it says matte, you still get a healthy luminance because you can see your skin underneath (unless you do full coverage).
I got it a few years ago and the SA told me that it worked well as both a foundation and a powder, and works exceptionally well on younger skin compared to some of the other foundations at the counter and I'm still finding it to be true whenever I wear it. I almost never need to touch up except for a little bit of oiliness on those really sweaty days. There's alot in the compact so if you don't use a whole lot at a time then it'll last a very long time. I still have a backup anyways though. :D

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff can cover just about anything and that's why I'm never without it. I never use it wet, as it doesn't blend as well and makes the foundation itself useless. If you have very dry skin I don't recommend this as it can get a little dry and cakey. I have to make sure I'm very moisturized before using. I love how it gives me a very matt, even finish on my face though and hides a ton of yucky spots, especially when I'm hormonally breaking out.
It is pretty pricey at about $35 but since I don't use it every day I make one compact stretch a few months.

on 11/12/2008 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this powder. I have relatively normal skin so a lot of mornings all I will use on my skin is moisturizer and this product. Just pat it on with the sponge and it looks flawless. I use the puff for midday touch-ups. I have a medium/light skin (NC20/NC25) and Matte Neutrale II is the absolute perfect shade. This compact is definitely on the expensive side, but the color is so perfect I will never change.

on 4/6/2007 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this for my mom, but I find myself always sneaking some on my face whenever I visit her. This has since become her staple, and I am to thank for that! I tried this on at Sephora and immediatley knew that it was high quality pressed powder, it feels sooo silky smooth on the skin and does not flake or look cakey whatsoever. It makes for a great finishing touch and gives me flawless skin. Now if only I could convince myself to buy one for my own...