Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.2

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

on 2/22/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a really excellent powder foundation. The color range is vast and I was able to find a suitable match for my skin tone in Rose Clair II. When paired with a the right moisturizer and primer (I use La Base Pro) I actually get compliments on my otherwise acne prone lackluster problem skin with this powder foundation. But I've had a compact for two years and I've hardly made a dent in it. This is entirely because of the fact that it's an over fragranced product. I simply cannot stand the scent of this otherwise excellent makeup. It's got this really strong 1960's grandmotherly scent I remember from my mother's makeup when I was a child. It's not just that I find the scent over powering. Alas it irritates my eyes and skin if I use it regularly. Lancome used to make a scent free version of this that I quite liked but they discontinued it. So even though it's great for travel I will eventually use this compact up and not repurchase. If you're not bothered by the cheap perfume scent by all means give this product a go

on 9/4/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

A huge plus with Dual Finish is it's size, 19 g! That is a huge amount for the price ($52 CDN). It is a versatile powder. You can use it as a setting powder, you can apply with various brushes to adjust coverage. You can wet the sponge and get full coverage from this with a matte finish. The smell is off putting to me, but as I read the reviews, some people love it! This has been around for many many years, and it is a good powder foundation.

on 5/28/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've wanted to try this for years but always chickened out because of the price. I should have tried it sooner, because it works great on my skin. It doesn't get cakey when used to set my liquid foundation, and it doesn't totally dry me out when I wear it on its own. I'm not really a powder-foundation type of gal but this is really, really nice. Guess it's a classic for a reason.

If you don't like fragrance, stay away. This is pretty strongly scented, but it doesn't last. I kind of like the scent, even though I guess I'm supposed to be careful with my sensitive skin...but so far, no issues!

The packaging on this is beautiful! I wish there were more powders at a lower price that looked so nice. The powder does a fairly good job covering and is great to add a little extra coverage over a light foundation or tinted moisturizer - or to touch up during the day. It does feel heavy on your face, though it doesn't look cakey at all. No shine control on this and for me the color didn't look very real outdoors so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder was love at first use. To me, the finish is best described as 'luminous matte'. I have a difficult time finding powders that don't make my already dry skin look even drier, but this is just beautifully natural looking. Paired with my Teint Idole foundation, it makes my skin feel and look smooth and fresh with only 1 touch up throughout the day. I think the floral scent could be a little much for some, but I actually adore it! I do wish the little puff thing was in it's own compartment, but over the packaging is very sturdy and classic looking. Certainly a new favorite!

on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very excited about this product, but this product broke me out. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin therefore I am very prone to breakout.
Pro: easy to use
- work best as a setting powder than a powder alone

Cons: Fragrance
- after two hours, it create enlarge pores

The performance of this powder was not that impressive. I did not enjoy it as much as i thought I would have.

on 12/24/2014 12:30:00 PM

Despite the relatively high purchase price, this is actually a good value foundation as you get a lot of product - 19g - compared to many other higher-end brands that are in the 9-11g range. It feels light and comfortable on my sensitive skin, with no itchiness or irritation. I get best results when applying this straight after moisturiser or primer while my skin is still damp. If I apply with a brush, I get smooth, even, light to medium coverage that wears well over the course of the day. Although this foundation applies matte, in a hot climate it settles to more of a natural, dewy finish which is fine for my relatively dry skin, but may not satisfy someone with a very oily t-zone.

on 10/12/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Awesome! PS.....please email or FB me re: how do I post a pic? When I log in I immediately go to product review and no other options. Thanks! Patti Donnelly-Arnold or kingstonmom1960@gmail