Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 36-43
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm NC45 in MAC and matched for 460 Suede in this powder foundation.

This is perfect if you have very lil in the imperfection dept and just want something fast instead of dealing with a traditional foundation. Before application and after skincare I blot my face of any residual moisture to avoid oxidization or cakey look. After about two hours my face looks luminous but not greasy or oily. Just looks likes even looking skin. Doesn't emphasize pores or the fine lines I have creeping up on my forehead. My only, only complaint.....the FRAGRANCE has got to go!!!! It doesn't dissipate after application....it lingers and lingers for hours and though it doesn't bother me to the point of wanting to ditch it I could imagine it being irritating to those sensitive to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless they killed off the fragrance.

Update 2/6/2017: Sadly this needed to be given away because the fragrance was making my child ill and he comes first so off it went to a more suitable home.

on 1/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

You know the products in your makeup collection that you wish you would have discovered a long time ago? This powder foundation is one of those for me. In my opinion, this one is much better than the one by MAC which I used in the tone NC45. I used the one by MAC for years. Although not ever really happy with it, I settled for MAC's powder foundation for years thinking that it was as good as it was going to get. Finally, during the many holiday beauty sales, I decided to give this a try with a 20% off offer. WOW! Lancôme's is a better color match for me in 460 Suede (W). For it to be a matte product, it gives your skin life with a radiant finish. Love this! It doesn't dull and flatten out your face in a matte, chalky appearance. I apply this with IT Cosmetics powder foundation brush starting out with a sheer layer and building as needed. It looks like my skin but smooth and radiant. So happy that this is a part of my foundation rotation now.

9/2017: Took a lippie off because it oxidizes darker on me. If I could find a good color match in this though, it would be a lovely addition to my routine.

I wanted to love this powder. Very nice coverage, nice compact, I don't mind the light scent. Sadly it oxidizes like crazy on me. It turns orange within an hour and i look ridiculous. I can't wear it. Too bad. It's collecting dust in my stash. Every now and then I try it out to see if my face can take it, but...nope.

on 7/5/2011 2:52:00 PM

Am close to 60 years old and have never, ever, let the house without wearing moisturiver, foundation, blush, etc. (I'm in the public eye). SA at Nordstrom pursuaded me to try this powder and I am absolutely astounded at the wonderful dewy finish it imparts to my face! Imperfections disappeared, skintone evened out, pores disappeared, too! I'm in Southern Carlifornia by the beach and even with high humidity, the powder does not cake nor disappear after a 10-hour workday. I look as fresh and pulled together at 6 PM as I ndid at 5 AM - what an incredible product! Goodbye pricey foundations - Lancome, where have you been all my life?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this today in Matte Voile 1 which is the absolute palest shade that Lancome makes (even paler than the lightest shade from their fragrance free collection, which is why I chose this because I am extremely fair). I got a little nervous when I opened the package and detected an obnoxiously strong scent wafting up before I had even opened the compact! I pulled out the puff and couldn't believe that a company would be so foolish as to believe that anyone would want this obnoxious scent all over their face! This is not the 17th century where people didn't bathe and doused themselves with perfume because they stunk all over (the French were known for this during that time period so they perfumed everything and apparently still feel the need to do so). We do not need our faces heavily perfumed so why do they do it? Not only that, but it interferes with our own perfume because it barely makes it through the force field that is closest to our nose which would now be riddled with this nauseating smell. How incredibly unnecessary and utterly disappointing.

That said, the color match is perfect which is a rarity for someone as fair as me, however the coverage is nothing like I expected. I get the feeling that this might make a perfect setting powder for oilier skins when dusted over a nice matte foundation. This is not a full coverage powder. If you want a really nice full coverage powder foundation, look no further than Napoleon Perdis's Camera Finish which is what a lot of celebrities use for photo shoots. This reminds me a lot of Bobbi Brown's Sheer Pressed Powder because that's the coverage it offers. It evens out your skin tone like a nice tinted moisturizer, but you'll need to have pretty decent skin to get by with just this. I can't speak to it's oil controlling properties because I couldn't keep it on my skin longer than a half hour. I began to get a terrible headache and had to wash it off.

I spoke to a Lancome rep and she admitted that the lightest shade in their fragrance free version is darker than Matte Voile 1 and may seem a tad too dark for someone as light as me. I may try to get it on swap (Matte Porcelain Delicate-fragrance free), but this color would have been ideal (Matte Voile 1) had it not been for the intensely strong perfume. This is going back to Lancome (oddly enough I think good old Cover Girl Clean Pressed powder does a better job and actually offers more coverage and they offer all their shades in a fragrance free version).

Edit: Please see reviews on Dream Matte powder by Maybelline (yes Maybelline). One rave review after another (including mine). Once you have discovered that powder, you will never even bother with this or any other expensive stuff again. Dream Matte is silky, finely milled and covers a multitude of sins like a soft silk blanket (It's only a setting powder, yet it acts like a powder foundation and offers much more coverage at a fraction of the price). Controls oil so much better than this and goes on like silk (no caking and no fragrance whatsoever)! Hard to believe that this stuff is made by Maybelline, but check it out! This will seem like a joke by comparison. Dream Matte is my new HG powder and does everything I've ever wanted from a powder and so much more!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Oh I hate it when I am wrong! I wrote a review talking about how I dislike this. I have retried this, and it looks beautiful on. The color matches my skin and melts into my skin. I make sure my skin is well moisturized, and it doesn't accentuate any dry areas. I don't like the fragrance, but I can get the FF next time. I changed to will repurchase.