Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

I like it a lot.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm NC45 in MAC and matched for 460 Suede in this powder foundation.

This is perfect if you have very lil in the imperfection dept and just want something fast instead of dealing with a traditional foundation. Before application and after skincare I blot my face of any residual moisture to avoid oxidization or cakey look. After about two hours my face looks luminous but not greasy or oily. Just looks likes even looking skin. Doesn't emphasize pores or the fine lines I have creeping up on my forehead. My only, only complaint.....the FRAGRANCE has got to go!!!! It doesn't dissipate after application....it lingers and lingers for hours and though it doesn't bother me to the point of wanting to ditch it I could imagine it being irritating to those sensitive to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless they killed off the fragrance.

Update 2/6/2017: Sadly this needed to be given away because the fragrance was making my child ill and he comes first so off it went to a more suitable home.

on 1/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

You know the products in your makeup collection that you wish you would have discovered a long time ago? This powder foundation is one of those for me. In my opinion, this one is much better than the one by MAC which I used in the tone NC45. I used the one by MAC for years. Although not ever really happy with it, I settled for MAC's powder foundation for years thinking that it was as good as it was going to get. Finally, during the many holiday beauty sales, I decided to give this a try with a 20% off offer. WOW! Lancôme's is a better color match for me in 460 Suede (W). For it to be a matte product, it gives your skin life with a radiant finish. Love this! It doesn't dull and flatten out your face in a matte, chalky appearance. I apply this with IT Cosmetics powder foundation brush starting out with a sheer layer and building as needed. It looks like my skin but smooth and radiant. So happy that this is a part of my foundation rotation now.

9/2017: Took a lippie off because it oxidizes darker on me. If I could find a good color match in this though, it would be a lovely addition to my routine.

I wanted to love this powder. Very nice coverage, nice compact, I don't mind the light scent. Sadly it oxidizes like crazy on me. It turns orange within an hour and i look ridiculous. I can't wear it. Too bad. It's collecting dust in my stash. Every now and then I try it out to see if my face can take it, but...nope.

on 3/15/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As a lot of other people have stated, there is a strong rose smell to it which is very off-putting. It kind of smells like chanel N 5 (very old ladiesque). For me it doesn't stay all day but I do smell it for at least an hour after applying. Especially when I go outside and the wind blows, I can smell my own face which is pretty irritating.
As for the powder, it doesn't offer that much coverage, I just use it to offset the white cast that my sunscreen leaves. It sets makeup very well, doesn't emphasize lines or pores or leave a flat matte finish. But, the smell is just too intense for me, I will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ive tried other high end powder like Makeup Forever and Kat von D, but always come back to this one. It doesn't settle into my laugh lines and doesn't make my pores stand out at all. It feels like velvet. If my skin is being difficult i.e. acne, i wear this over a light foundation but when my skin is good this is the only foundation i need. Ive purchased this many many times despite it costing so much. Its so easy to use with such good results that i feel like its very much worth its price. Ive stopped wasting money on other powders because I've finally come to terms that this is really just the best one. :)

on 11/16/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. I couldn't get past the nauseating old-lady perfume smell - super overpowering. The powder also gets caky very easily and although I tried it with numerous foundations, it never gave me a finish I was satisfied with. Going back to Studio Fix. Sorry, Lancome.

on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 PM

This is my favorite powder foundation! I use it all the time : ) Its very silky and gives plenty of coverage, you can get light-full coverage with this depending on the ways you apply it. I personally use a puff for a medium coverage or use it as a setting powder with a powder brush if im wearing a foundation!

I am about nc5 (dead of winter - nc10 (summer) and I was matched with the lightest shade "matte porcelaine I" and its a really good match! It says its a "cool" shade online but Its more neutral in my opinion.

I tend to lean more on the dryer side of combination so this might not work well with oily girls because there is mineral oil in this foundation. But its great if you need a little extra hydration without looking powdery.

Pros:
Many shades (great color match)
LOTS of product (.67oz), great deal for your $$
Great for dry-dry/combination skin
doesnt clog my pores
sleek, beautiful packaging

cons:
May not work well with oily skins
Fragrance might be irritating to some

on 11/19/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I did not have good results with Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile. I have mature skin and this powder foundation did nothing to improve my appearance. I purchased Buff which was the closest to my medium fair, cool undertone, but not a perfect match. After several hours, my face appeared ashen, pale and chalky even with blush. This foundation also emphasized my pores and marionette lines despite using a good moisturizer under for slip. Returned to Macy's after two days with my receipt.

Packaging: Plastic square compact which is OK, but comes with a flimsy, thin round sponge.

Possibly a good product for those with younger skin (20s-40s) as light foundation or a touch up powder but definitely not for older, dry, mature skin as a foundation alone.

on 2/27/2013 3:07:00 PM

I've used this off and on for many years, and recently returned to it after receiving my color in a swap.

I am not sensitive to scent, so I've never noticed any particular fragrance in this product. I generally use mine as a setting powder, applying with an Eco-Tools powder brush. It gives a very natural and non-cakey appearance, and lasts all day. It gives me an airbrushed appearance.

Considering how long a compact lasts, the price is fairly reasonable. I think it's one of the best in the market.