Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.6

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

on 1/2/2015 2:59:00 AM

Like many others, I've spent thousands on all kinds of makeup products. Interestingly enough, when I first got the dual finish, I didn't think it looked good on me. What I was doing was applying a liquid, crème or mousse type foundation (told you - I've spent a lot of $$ on makeup). I was frustrated because I thought I went a little more upscale and thought still nothing was working!

One day I decided to stop messing around with the foundations and just apply the powder. (Note: the consultants will tell you that it takes a minute for the power to set. They're right.) . What a difference. It covered over a lot of the flaws and gave my skin a much smoother look. The little red areas disappeared.

Because I'm in my 50's I'd decided to explore the skin care moisturizers. I now use a Lancôme (Renergie) moisturizer and Estee Lauder spf 50 sunscreen, the combo of which makes my skin looks even toned, then on top of that the dual finish. Let me tell you - this works. I've been consistently receiving compliments on my skin. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. It is effortless but is effective in providing a medium coverage matt finish. I apply it with the puff that comes with the compact or with the Lancome Mineral Foundation brush to achieve a light application followed by a minimal application of Lancome blush with the Lancome precision blush brush. By mid-day, I blot my T-zone with Shiseido oil blotting paper and I'm ready to go again. I have dry skin and this formulation does not accentuate fine lines or flakes. It does even out the skin tone, eliminate any redness and provide a beautiful skin-like finish and is so easy to take with you anywhere you go. With proper makeup removal at night with Lancome cleansing milk followed with La Roche Posay Dermal cleanser, there is no breakout. Love this product! Thank you Lancome!

I used this years ago and couldn't really remember why I stopped... I bought it again recently and I believe I stopped before because it doesn't really last a long time on me... it's not bad... I just have to touch up a couple of times...

That's a shame and I really wish it were longer lasting because I bought color Matte Claire this time and it is absolutely, hands-down, the BEST color match I have EVER had in a powder foundation... I can get really close to a match with Clinique powders but this Matte Claire is a dead-on, perfect color match.

I really don't notice the fragrance at all.. and it does not keep me matte across my oily tzone... but the color match is just perfect... I am going to play around with some primers and see if I can get it to last longer.

on 5/25/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have no idea why I stopped using this a few years ago. I was swayed by mineral "stuff" and other powder foundations (MAC et al..) ... This is the best powder foundation for all skin types, it gives a slight glow, without shimmer and you can actually see your skin through it. There is no mask or powder stuff lingering. It is perfect and I will never again be without it...unless some miracle powder foundation comes along. For now this is it for me. A big plus is they don't fool around with shades or the threat of discontinuing it...which is a huge plus. Considering all the money I wasted on other products, $32.50 for this is a steal!!! My dad was right: you get what you pay for.

on 2/4/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Back in the 1980's I was a Lancome gal. Sometime in the 1990's Lancome changed and so did I, and it's taken me a very long time to try their products again. I've been eyeing Dual Finish for at least six months, researching the powder, reading reviews. I'd been using NARS pressed powder in Eden as a finishing powder and while it's good, I wanted something more than just a finishing powder. Finally I bought the fragrance-free Dual Finish online along with another goodie and got the GWP and free shipping. I engaged in a rather limp "live chat" online to try to determine the shade, but lost patience after 15 minutes and went with Matte Buff II. For reference, I'm NW20 and tan in the summer.

When the package came (by the way, the cute little "makeup" bag holds only my tweezers and nail clippers), my DD said, "Oh, your skin oughta love this stuff, it's got mineral oil in it." Indeed, my skin loves this stuff and I love the way I look in it. The soft-focus effect is akin to the Maquimat foundation I used 20 years ago (d/c of course). At the present time, I use a fluffy round blush brush to apply and it's working fine. But a SK skunk brush is on its way from Target and I'll probably work with that one.

There is one area of hyperpigmentation on the uppermost part of my left cheekbone, a nice target for the sunlight, which I usually put concealer on to mask. I no longer have to do it. when using Dual Finish. And the amount of blush I need is greatly reduced since I've got a nice subtle radiance.

You can use this powder wet but I am sticking with it dry as a finishing powder. Ahhh, it's been a long time, Lancome. Welcome back.

One last note, the "live chat" gal e-mailed after my order was placed and agreed that I'd selected the best color for my skintone.

on 1/14/2010 3:30:00 PM

I've been using this for years and years. I now use the unscented version, which I prefer. I keep trying other powdered foundations and keep on coming back to this. It's a light coverage when you use a Kabuki brush and a heavier coverage when you use the applicator that it comes with. Intially when you put it on you will look powdery, but in a short while the powderiness goes away and it gives you a nice even look. The color does not oxidize on me. It stays pretty true. I do have to either re-apply or use an oil blotting sheet during the day because I start to get shiny after a while. Pretty good product. I usually wait for a GWP when I need to repurchase.

on 9/24/2007 11:32:00 AM

I have used this for years. During my 20's, 30's, 40s, pregnancies, "no makeup" au natural years, burlesque "Makeup Queen" years, and now. I have used it so long that I am only just now realizing that the other makeup lines have probably developed competing products that I should try. I am now trying MAC studio fix - which works nice with a brush. But, I have Lancome dual foundation in my purse, in my makeup drawer, and a spare that I can't find. I just go back to it as a staple item. Looks great alone. If you wear it over foundation - make sure the foundation is not too powdery. The Lancome Mousse foundation is not a good pairing with this product.
About color - I think Lancome has some of the nicest color selections for foundations.
Me - 44, Auburn/Hazel, Fair/medium C3-C4, normal skin

on 7/5/2004 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this years ago in high school and college ... then forgot about it. What I wanted was a Lancôme foundation (because I'm sold on their Adaptive which I use in Balanced Nu 4 W without a tan and in Balanced Beige 4 W with a self tanner) in stick form so when I'm doing something like sailing all day and then want to apply makeup for the follow-on activities in the evening, I don't have to cart around a bottle of foundation. Lancôme doesn't have foundation in a stick and then I remembered good old Dual Finish. I have on their medium self tanner right now and wanted the Dual Finish to work with my current color. We chose it in Matte Honey III (C); I'm an MMM brunette and this is the perfect color. I like that I can apply foundation on the go but also that it is so versatile. For moderate to full coverage you can apply it with the sponge over moisturizer; for more sheer coverage you use the pink puff. for maximum coverage use the dampened sponge; for polished perfection wear it try over a matching foundation. You can use the sponge at home and then take along the pink puff for travel.