Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 36-43
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.5

I bought this product bc the Lancome counter was out of my usual pressed powder. As soon as I put it on my face, my husband asked what I had sprayed. A few hours later I did a touch up and he almost started gagging on the smell. I will be returning this product bc he won't get near me as long as he can smell this on my face. It's too strong and smells like my grandma. I have no idea if I even like the coverage bc I can't get past the smell

on 7/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

I purchased this second time because last time I purchased years ago, the shade was too dark so this time i purchased in light shade. However, I did not know that this powder was not very compatible with me.

Con: First of all, it kinda cakes up. (I used the enclosed sponge. Maybe using brush might yield a different result?). Scent is very strong rosy granny style. the surface of the powder kinda turns weird(oil seems to harden it)

Pro: This product does not break me out. Last time I purchased in Neutral and was way too dark for me. This time I purchased in Ivorie W and was slightly light for me but was Ok.

I would not repurchase this because this is horrible to use as touch up.
I am interested in Lancome Cushion Foundation at the moment.

I highly recommend this product despite the price that seems high. It is actually well worth the price for a couple or resons:

1) the product provides great coverage either wet or dry.

2) the product lasts a very long time. I wear it every day and it lasts for more than two years.

The quality of the sponge and the pad are very good, not like the budget brands. You get what you pay for.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

After much trying and erroring, feelings of a hopeful "Maybe?" grew to a resounding "No" and a lower rating for my former favorite powder foundation and long-time flame, Dual Finish. I just can't get it to work or look the way I want regardless of how I apply it anymore; brush, sponge, puff, wet, dry, primer or no primer, it's still the same flat, cakey, patchy look on my skin that makes me look haggard :( so sad. I used this for years and loved it, but apparently my skin has changed (read: gotten drier and thus in need of a softer finish) and this stayed the same.

It would be great for gals oilier than I am, if they want a really matte finish with good long-lasting coverage. It is just too pricey for me just to keep as a blot powder but is such a gorgeous compact I loathe to part with it. However, it isn't worth keeping for that reason because it's not refillable. I get the same type of compact with my Lancome Photogenic Luminessence pressed powder (which they dc'd online but still have at counters, great for those Macy's GWPs!) Photogenic is geared more for my skintype than Dual Finish so sadly, our love affair has to end. Seems I have better luck with lower-end powder foundations than I do with a lot of the HE ones I've tried lately for some reason (Milani, CG, Maybelline and PF come to mind). Oh well. I guess if you don't have cantankerous dry skin like I do, give this a shot. Be aware it is strongly fragranced though, or opt for the Frag-Free version. I liked the scent, but it does dissipate fast if you aren't a fan, however.

Luckily, Lancome's liquid foundations are still among the best for me so I'll stick with those, but find my powders elsewhere in the Lancome line (Photogenic) or in another brand, at least until they come out with a powder foundation that acts the opposite of Dual Finish for my needs (i.e., a soft focus moisturizing, rather than drying, compact powder with medium coverage) so I can come back to the Lancome fold. I don't know if what I want from them, or anyone, is even possible but a gal can dream right?
continued >>

I started using this about a year ago. Back then I really liked its coverage,etc. I'm on my 2nd pan now and I realized that the coverage isn't so great after all, as i need to touch up frequently and it does nothing about oil control. It has a floral(?) scent too which kinda reminds me of old make-up. I'm just finishing this pan and switching to MAC Studio Fix Foundation.

on 3/4/2008 4:25:00 PM

This is one of my good ole stand buys, I first discovered it when I was 25 years old, I'm now 43. I'm going to Sephora tomorrow and will be picking up "Matt Buff". Can't go wrong. : )

on 7/26/2006 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got all confused on my previous review. Love the colors and texture. They have warm and cool of all colors. Found my match within 1 minute of being at the counter - just wish Mom would stop stealing it. Now I buy 2 at a time. Sheer, natural soft silky matte finish. Wonderful. This works very well all year round. Can't tell I'm wearing makeup. And it does not make my already dry skin drier.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wear Matt Buff II, & it is the best color match for me. I have a very light olive complexion with a very pink undertone. Foundations with a lot of yellow don't look so good on me. I use a kabuki or regular powder brush to apply it.