Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm happy that I picked up this foundation! I had a gift cert to use up at Ulta and I was just blindly picking up stuff that I normally wouldn't buy. I noticed the Lancôme display and the large selection to shades is what really drew me into wanting to try this. This is my first Lancôme foundation so I wasn't sure which shade to purchase. I'm NC40ish so I ended up finding a great skin tone match with 410W with this powder.

The coverage is insane with just one quick layer. It's full coverage AND it stays all day. This is quite amazing considering that I have very oily skin. But the key to this magical powder for being so great is that it doesn't accumulate into my fine lines around my eyes. It's a powder that somehow stays matte for majority of the day, doesn't fade off and doesn't collect into fine lines or look too powdery. In fact, this powder gives such a good finish that I often times us this instead of my Marc Jacobs for special events. I know that I can be confident that this powder will look perfect and stay in place but also, it photographs well! No flashback and the color doesn't oxidize.

Besides all that wonderful jazz, it doesn't break me out either. Powder ingredients can be tricky for me because I do still break out occasionally at my age but I don't get any with this powder. Tsk tsk, I've fallen asleep with this foundation on and still didn't get any breakouts or congestion.

The packaging is standard Lancôme with a shiny black compartment and gold lettering. The compact does come with a powder puff (shown in product pic) but also a round sponge to use as a foundation. Because I only use this as a foundation and not a setting powder, I do use the sponge applicator and it works fantastic. I use it dry by the way and I still get amazing coverage.

To compare to the previous powder foundations that I've used in the past (Kat Von D, MAC, Dior and MUFE) I much prefer Lancôme Dual Finish!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have chocolate colored skin and matte suede IV was a decent match..not perfect....seems like it has a mild rosey hue to it. For the price, I can't say I'm overly impressed. Also, the fragrance is annoying. It doesn't stink; i just don't get the point of putting perfume in a face powder. I will likely return it and either be satisfied with L'oreal True Match powder in Cocoa or MUFE Duo in Chocolate. This is the kind of powder/shade that i would have to apply slowly and carefully so i don't look crazy and i just don't have time for that. I need to be able to use my pressed powder on the go.

UPDATE----
I will definitely be returning this. I used it today all over my face and it makes me look gray and sullen. It will probably work for you if oyu already have nice skin but I have acne spots that I like to conceal at least a little. I don't like it at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of the few products I buy repeatedly. I mainly use this as a powder and it gives a really good coverage as far as powder is concerned. I occaisionaly use it wet for a sophisticated evening look however it will run out very quickly this way and this is not a cheap product. It does last several years I will admit using it dry. It comes in very handy for a quick repair/coverup if you have to dash out without your foundation.
I just wish that they would sell replacement latex sponges!!