Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.6

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this powder. It is a lovely shade but the coverage was much too sheer for me. Didn't seem to build well either. It's not a bad powder, but for the price it didn't wow me. Worked just as well as drugstore powders that are a fifth of the price. It has a definite smell to it, but that didn't bother me. Didn't help with controlling shine but didn't make it worse either. I will use it until it runs out but I won't be purchasing again. I will continue my hunt for the perfect powder.

on 7/24/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shut the front door!!! Where has this been all my life???

I have been on the hunt for a foundation for the last 6 years or so. I am 58 and shortly after turning 50, foundations weren't playing nice with my skin. I have probably sampled, bought, returned over 100 formulas. I finally settled on alternating between IT Cosmetics CC and Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, not entirely satisfied with either, but at least the finish was doable and didn't make my complexion look worse.

I dislike liquid or cream foundations...love powder, but it's so hard to find one for older skin.

I had a sample of this that has sat on my desk for a couple of months...I looked at it last week and fondly remembered my first publishing job out of college...and how everything in my makeup bag was Lancome. For some reason, I eventually strays away from the line.

I applied it to my skin last week, and wow, just wow...gives me great coverage without looking heavy...no settling in pores or lines...no micro cracking or looking older than I am...no cakiness, just a lovely, soft focus that minimizes pores...actually understand that airbrushed look now. It lasted me about 5-6 hours before it began to fade a bit, but it still looked good...like it had melded with my skin...I blotted and gave it a light touch up and it was beautiful for another 4 hours. Its lightweight and feels fabulous on the skin. It also seems to be transfer proof as well. I use it with the Lancome waterproof concealer, which is a great combo!

I promptly went out and bought Amande III, which is just the perfect, gorgeous shade for me.

I will still use the CC cream when I'm in the sun, but this will replace Laura Geller as my go to foundation.

Edit: I stopped using this as I began to notice a grayish cast...

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

on 9/4/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

A huge plus with Dual Finish is it's size, 19 g! That is a huge amount for the price ($52 CDN). It is a versatile powder. You can use it as a setting powder, you can apply with various brushes to adjust coverage. You can wet the sponge and get full coverage from this with a matte finish. The smell is off putting to me, but as I read the reviews, some people love it! This has been around for many many years, and it is a good powder foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

bleh, couldn't get past the smell of this product. the coverage is pretty poor for a powder foundation

on 10/22/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its always the same.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought this product about a month ago from Sephora in Matte Neutrale II and I really love it. It has a matte finish once the powder has set. It evens out my skin tone and minimizes my pores (which I definitely need because I have oily skin). This powder has great staying power (though I have yet to test it in hot weather). The only downside I have found is that it irritates my skin if i apply it wet for more coverage. Other than that, it is completely worth the money! It makes my skin look damn near perfect! The powder doesn't sit in the fine lines that are starting to form on my face, instead it seems to make them disappear so that is also a great thing! I didn't use to like to leave the house without foundation and concealer on but now I can do it confidently with just a little of this powder :-D. Will definitely be buying again. I think the price is fair because of how a little goes a long way with this product. The outcome is pretty close to flawless.

on 4/30/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only powder that doesn't irritate my eczema (which is odd, because it obviously has a Lancme-ish scent. But even Clinique irritated my skin). Gives an absolute flawless, even finish. Kind of pricy (56$CAN), but as my skin is fussy, I guess I have to do what I have to do. I wear it with Este Lauder Double Wear and it's just absolutely perfect for keeping my skin matte, but not dry.

I've been in love with Lancme lately - everything I've tried has really agreed with my skin. So if you have combination skin (oily t-zone, with dry, eczema-prone chin and forehead), Lancme just may be for you as well. Watch for their free gifts with a 35$ or more purchase - that way you can try 7 or 8 things at once!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Terrific powder for oily skin. I swear by Lancome. It is the same quality as Chanel, but is a little less expensive. I really love this powder because it can be light or medium coverage. It looks natural and feels light weight. It controls oil well. If I use it on bare skin it lasts 5 hours, but with a primer it lasts 6 to 7. I only have to blot a few times with this powder. It is also easy to build on. I put it on in the am and then in the pm I dust more on and it still looks fresh and clean, never cakey or chalky. It's a hefty price tag but it does last a while. I use it over foundation or by itself and it looks great either way. I also use it dry and wet, but know that it looks one shade darker when applied wet. That is something to consider when trying on and purchasing. The smell of the powder is very old fashioned a.k.a. old lady makeup from the 60's. The ingredients and fragrance create a very powdery smell that reminds one of their granny but it fades away in a minute. This is just as good as the dual Chanel powder or the M.U.F. dual powder. It also has a more natural finish.