Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.6

on 1/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

You know the products in your makeup collection that you wish you would have discovered a long time ago? This powder foundation is one of those for me. In my opinion, this one is much better than the one by MAC which I used in the tone NC45. I used the one by MAC for years. Although not ever really happy with it, I settled for MAC's powder foundation for years thinking that it was as good as it was going to get. Finally, during the many holiday beauty sales, I decided to give this a try with a 20% off offer. WOW! Lancôme's is a better color match for me in 460 Suede (W). For it to be a matte product, it gives your skin life with a radiant finish. Love this! It doesn't dull and flatten out your face in a matte, chalky appearance. I apply this with IT Cosmetics powder foundation brush starting out with a sheer layer and building as needed. It looks like my skin but smooth and radiant. So happy that this is a part of my foundation rotation now.

9/2017: Took a lippie off because it oxidizes darker on me. If I could find a good color match in this though, it would be a lovely addition to my routine.

on 3/15/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As a lot of other people have stated, there is a strong rose smell to it which is very off-putting. It kind of smells like chanel N 5 (very old ladiesque). For me it doesn't stay all day but I do smell it for at least an hour after applying. Especially when I go outside and the wind blows, I can smell my own face which is pretty irritating.
As for the powder, it doesn't offer that much coverage, I just use it to offset the white cast that my sunscreen leaves. It sets makeup very well, doesn't emphasize lines or pores or leave a flat matte finish. But, the smell is just too intense for me, I will not repurchase.

on 2/7/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The smell of this product is very off putting. In addition it does not give a lot of coverage. I also tried applying wet which left my face streaky. I returned.

on 6/1/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've never really tried powder foundations because I thought that it wouldn't cover as well as a liquid foundation. After reading the reviews on here i decided to try it and I must say I am really pleased with it! I just put some concealer on my acne scars and put this powder on top and the finish is beautiful! Gives medium to full coverage and makes my skin look matte and flawless. It's a little expensive at $38.50, but it looks like it will last a long time. Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

I don't think there is a correlation, but I have to say, since I started wearing this, my face acne scars have faded and I can wear less makeup. This is the only thing I've changed in my routine in the last month, so I have to attribute it to this. Weird, I know. On to the actual product, I don't care for this wet- it looks unnatural on me. I either use this as my setting powder or just an all over powder on my lazy days. I have post acne marks and occasional pimples, so if I use concealer then the powder, I'm good to go. At first I hated the smell, but then it really grew on me. Lastly, you get 0.67 ounces for $38! That's a really good deal!

on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very excited about this product, but this product broke me out. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin therefore I am very prone to breakout.
Pro: easy to use
- work best as a setting powder than a powder alone

Cons: Fragrance
- after two hours, it create enlarge pores

The performance of this powder was not that impressive. I did not enjoy it as much as i thought I would have.

on 4/30/2014 4:04:00 PM

While it is a bit pricey, it's worth the money. Mine lasts me for at least three months and it's totally worth it to have nice matte foundation all day. It can be used by itself but I personally like it on top of a liquid foundation. I have extremely oily skin so I struggle with powders starting to look orangey and cakey after hours of wear, dual finish keeps my skin matte for longer and even when it does get oily (it's inevitable for me), it still looks pretty good, it looks more dewy than anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This powder looks so nice on. Beautiful finish, doesn't look cakey. Really lovely. Lasts pretty well. My only problem is that the first ingredient is talc and my skin itches all over when I use it. I used it several times to make sure and it definitely was the culprit. I'm never sure how to rate a good product that just doesn't work for me, so I gave it 4. I've gone through a lot of powders trying to find one that works, I'm currently trying Laura Mercier mineral pressed powder. We'll see. My other failures (off the top of my head) include MAC MSFN, MUFE pro finish powder, and Coty airspun,

Stinks. Literally smells like your grandmother. Makes pores look huge. Not cool.