Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 44-55
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.9

on 11/2/2012 5:56:00 PM

I have used this powder for 20 years now. I'd recently started experimenting with other brands, but after spending tons on money trying to find something that might be better, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anything better for me. I wear Matte Porcelaine Delicate. It has a nice pink tone that suits my skin perfectly. Great coverage alone over a moisturizer or primer and flawless coverage over liquid makeup. For those complaining about the smell, it does come in a fragrance free formula!! I personally like the scent and don't find it too overpowering, but I realize some people are more sensitive to how cosmetics smell.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!

on 2/4/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Back in the 1980's I was a Lancome gal. Sometime in the 1990's Lancome changed and so did I, and it's taken me a very long time to try their products again. I've been eyeing Dual Finish for at least six months, researching the powder, reading reviews. I'd been using NARS pressed powder in Eden as a finishing powder and while it's good, I wanted something more than just a finishing powder. Finally I bought the fragrance-free Dual Finish online along with another goodie and got the GWP and free shipping. I engaged in a rather limp "live chat" online to try to determine the shade, but lost patience after 15 minutes and went with Matte Buff II. For reference, I'm NW20 and tan in the summer.

When the package came (by the way, the cute little "makeup" bag holds only my tweezers and nail clippers), my DD said, "Oh, your skin oughta love this stuff, it's got mineral oil in it." Indeed, my skin loves this stuff and I love the way I look in it. The soft-focus effect is akin to the Maquimat foundation I used 20 years ago (d/c of course). At the present time, I use a fluffy round blush brush to apply and it's working fine. But a SK skunk brush is on its way from Target and I'll probably work with that one.

There is one area of hyperpigmentation on the uppermost part of my left cheekbone, a nice target for the sunlight, which I usually put concealer on to mask. I no longer have to do it. when using Dual Finish. And the amount of blush I need is greatly reduced since I've got a nice subtle radiance.

You can use this powder wet but I am sticking with it dry as a finishing powder. Ahhh, it's been a long time, Lancome. Welcome back.

One last note, the "live chat" gal e-mailed after my order was placed and agreed that I'd selected the best color for my skintone.

on 2/29/2008 11:45:00 PM

This love pressed powder. I have been using this one for SO many years! It works beautifully, both wet and dry. It doesn't look cakey on the skin. I have tried many other pressed powders, because I want to look at a new case (!), but I always return to this product.

on 9/24/2007 11:32:00 AM

I have used this for years. During my 20's, 30's, 40s, pregnancies, "no makeup" au natural years, burlesque "Makeup Queen" years, and now. I have used it so long that I am only just now realizing that the other makeup lines have probably developed competing products that I should try. I am now trying MAC studio fix - which works nice with a brush. But, I have Lancome dual foundation in my purse, in my makeup drawer, and a spare that I can't find. I just go back to it as a staple item. Looks great alone. If you wear it over foundation - make sure the foundation is not too powdery. The Lancome Mousse foundation is not a good pairing with this product.
About color - I think Lancome has some of the nicest color selections for foundations.
Me - 44, Auburn/Hazel, Fair/medium C3-C4, normal skin

I am very impressed with this product & it is a summertime staple of mine that helps to keep the shine in control. There is a great selection of shades to choose from in which I can wear Matte Dore or Matte Topaz. I use the sponge included not the powder puff & it does a wonderful job in covering, & I always use it dry. I applaud Lancome for this product & it's varying shades so that women of color such as myself can choose.

on 10/23/2005 2:31:00 PM

I LOVE this foundataion. After using liquid makeup for a long time, I tried Bare Escentials. BE only made a huge mess for me and I'm trading it to my hair stylist for a pedicure.

I always use a primer (Smashbox's Photo Finish), and this foundation goes on wonderfully over the primer. My face feels smooth and looks great! And it doesn't come off on my clothes. I can even take a nap with it on and it doesn't come off on the pillow!

Yes, it's rather pricy, but no more that I was paying for BE.

I will be buying this again as it is now my favorite foundation.