Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Lancome has done it again with this fabulous wet/dry formulation of powder makeup. The color Buff Beige is medium true beige that makes your skin look beautiful & covers minor imperfections. I like to go just a bit darker in all seasons, this color is but doesn't ever look too dark! It glides on dry so I've never used wet; it blends with your own skin moisture within minutes to give a nice glow to your skin. Coverage lasts all day & rarely creases, but if it does just wipe lightly & it blends instantly. This makeup is just like a mineral makeup, but the color is much better. I compared it to one of the mineral make up brands the coverage cannot be beat. I constantly get compliments that my skin looks amazing when I use it & I am 58! This makeup is the equivalent of Maqui Libre as far as I am concerned! The compact is sophisticated & they thoughtfully put a mirror & plastic cover inside so the applicator does not sit on the powder when stored. One suggestion would be to either include another cloth applicator or sell them separately. Try this makeup, you won't be disappointed! It applies quickly for working girls! You can use brush or the cloth applicator & layer the coverage. Lancome recently dropped the non-fragrance option, why do they do that? We sensitive women appreciate a company that cares; not just catering to the next generation!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've moved to a southern state that is quite warm so during the summer months I tend to lean toward the convenience of powder and this one delivers. I use a concealer on my problem areas and swirl this powder on with a nice fluffy brush. The finish is fabulous and isn't a problem for my mature skin that leans to the dry side. It will take me through the day looking my best which is exactly what I was after. I've done a turnaround of sorts and gone back to Lancôme products after years of absence, my skin loves them in general and it shows. Also I recently tried this applying with a wet sponge and the look is kinda flawless, it covers imperfections including a broken capillary. 5/1/2017 I'm nearly finished with this and ordered a backup, it's so versatile. Wet or dry it manages to hide my imperfections. I moisturize well and apply ss before, after I apply I add a spray of thermal water if I'm looking at all dry.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I used this powder was when I was 17 years old, I used other brands and always come back to this powder. I absolute love the smell of this powder, I agree with the other that say that it a mature scent. I get lots of complements when I apply my powder. I always wear revlon foundation and then my lancome powder over it for a full matte coverage. I have tried different shades and my favorite is wheat for my olive skin tone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best. Powder. Ever. I had pretty much given up on the idea of a long-lasting powder that actually looked nice until a lady in Ulta recommended this to me and I fell in love upon first use. As it says on the box the compact comes in (which is honestly prettier than the compact itself but I digress) you can use it three different ways: with a brush to set foundation and/or give a very light coverage, with a dry sponge to get a natural matte finish, or with a wet sponge to get insane coverage and a matte finish that lasts all day. I always go with the latter, and with it I can use it as a foundation in and of itself which I have NEVER been able to do before. Even though my skin isn't nearly as dry as it used to be, and is actually somewhat oily, most powders still look cakey and just plain gross on me. They end up blotchy regardless of their alleged lasting powder. But this albeit pricey powder gives a flawless, very skin like finish to the skin...when wearing it you just feel fresh and pretty. I got it at Ulta for about 38 bucks, which nearly killed me, but it was worth it in every way. I wear matte bisque 2 (I think, I don't have it beside me at the moment) both in the summer time when I spray tan, and the winter when I generally speaking don't and look like a ghoul.

on 6/16/2013 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for this product, but am extremely disappointed :( I found a great color match for my fair skin with cool undertones, but I find this product had very little coverage and a very poor lasting power on me. It does nothing to control any shine whatsoever on me, and my skin is not oily in the least! If anything it is normal/slightly combo. I have been applying this over a cleansed, toned, and moisturized face, and while it doesn't look cakey or unnatural, it just looks kinda flat. Does nothing to brighten up my skin or really even out the skin tone much (I have very slight redness that is still very visible after applying this) I will not repurchase this product. I'm going to stick with my Holy Grail Powder Foundation Chanel Double Perfection. It is far superior to the Lancme in my opinion in every area (coverage, oil control, lasting power, etc) . If your torn between the two def go with the Chanel. It's more expensive but worth it!

on 12/28/2012 10:53:00 AM

I love this product and use it daily. I have used it for a couple years now and it lasts a long time. If i could change one thing about the products packaging it would be the material the top lip is. It looks pretty but i find it scratches and looks junky really easily. I dont find the smell overwhelming as i have seen others report, or I'm used to it :P It is a good coverage for me as i have fair skin with few imperfections and it goes over really nicely on my Josie Maran foundation. deffinattley a re buy. It did seem expensive at first though, which is why i took off a lippie.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this powder. I was looking for a powder that would double as a setting and powder foundation if I wanted it to, this is it! My all time favorite is the Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral Powder, but the coverage in that is so full, if I use it to set my liquid foundation, my face looks really cakey. This powder eliminates that problem! I love it. It also keeps my combination/oily skin relatively matte all day, while still keeping my foundation in tact. Great great powder, with an amazing color selection, beautiful packaging, and versatile coverage.

The scent in this is SUPER strong, and really mature, but it usually goes away, and does not break me out like most Lancome face products do. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a multipurpose face powder with a great color range!

on 11/2/2012 5:56:00 PM

I have used this powder for 20 years now. I'd recently started experimenting with other brands, but after spending tons on money trying to find something that might be better, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anything better for me. I wear Matte Porcelaine Delicate. It has a nice pink tone that suits my skin perfectly. Great coverage alone over a moisturizer or primer and flawless coverage over liquid makeup. For those complaining about the smell, it does come in a fragrance free formula!! I personally like the scent and don't find it too overpowering, but I realize some people are more sensitive to how cosmetics smell.

on 8/17/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Matte Ecru II, which is a decent match for my NC25 skin. It's not nearly as yellow-toned as my HG Diorskin Forever compact foundation in Linen, but oh well. Lancome foundations tend to run a little too pink/peach for me anyway. I apply Dual Finish with a damp Beautyblender sponge for a flawless finish. I only use this foundation on days when I bascially only need to even out my skintone a little but not look like I'm wearing makeup because Dual Finish gives a very light coverage. You will not be able to cover up any blemishes, only mattify your skin and even your skintone a tiny bit. When applied wet, the finish more of a satiny matte instead of a powdery matte. I don't ever wear Dual Finish dry on its own so I can't say what the finish is like dry, but it's perfect wet and as a setting powder over liquid foundation. The fragrance is awful but fades after about 30 minutes. Lasting power is decent for me (I have combination to dry skin, not very oily and no large pores) but it will sweat off so I can only wear if it's not so hot out that I will sweat or if I'm going to be mostly in air conditioning.

on 6/20/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this powder a lot and I do find it very versatile. I apply a very thin layer before my foundation to absorb sweat and oil in the hot humid summer, use it to take shine off my nose, and sometimes apply it with a wet sponge for better coverage in the heat, when I feel like liquid foundation would get too runny. It has good staying power and looks very natural and nice on my skin. It's nothing transforming or amazing but it's a very good and reliable powder and a purchase I did not regret.