Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.3

I wanted to love this powder. Very nice coverage, nice compact, I don't mind the light scent. Sadly it oxidizes like crazy on me. It turns orange within an hour and i look ridiculous. I can't wear it. Too bad. It's collecting dust in my stash. Every now and then I try it out to see if my face can take it, but...nope.

on 5/28/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've wanted to try this for years but always chickened out because of the price. I should have tried it sooner, because it works great on my skin. It doesn't get cakey when used to set my liquid foundation, and it doesn't totally dry me out when I wear it on its own. I'm not really a powder-foundation type of gal but this is really, really nice. Guess it's a classic for a reason.

If you don't like fragrance, stay away. This is pretty strongly scented, but it doesn't last. I kind of like the scent, even though I guess I'm supposed to be careful with my sensitive skin...but so far, no issues!

I bought this with high hopes after reading the reviews on here. The coverage is ok but the strong rose scent is awful. Don't get me wrong, I like roses. But the scent of this powder is so overpowering, it actually made my eyes water.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder was love at first use. To me, the finish is best described as 'luminous matte'. I have a difficult time finding powders that don't make my already dry skin look even drier, but this is just beautifully natural looking. Paired with my Teint Idole foundation, it makes my skin feel and look smooth and fresh with only 1 touch up throughout the day. I think the floral scent could be a little much for some, but I actually adore it! I do wish the little puff thing was in it's own compartment, but over the packaging is very sturdy and classic looking. Certainly a new favorite!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My friend's mother always buy lancome whenever there is discount or gift offering at the lancome website. So I don't think this product is too expensive, since I bought this with discount. At first, I thought this product was amazing. My skin looks beautiful with this on. However, my skin changed from dry to oily. This product looks cakey on me. I had to quit using it. Now it has been sitting in my drawer.

on 3/17/2014 11:04:00 AM

Love this product !!
I have very dry, sensitive skin, but despite that, my skin, in general, is very nice (people are always commenting on how nice my skin is - good genes, I guess). But I do have some areas of redness, especially around my nose. I never wore foundation of any kind until the past few years, and even then wore it very sparingly. Because my skin is dry, I used a liquid foundation, but I never really felt like they were doing anything for me (I tried both Clinique Redness Solutions and Borghese Hydro-Minerali Creme Finish Makeup). Then I saw the add for Lancome Dual Finish makeup, and decided to give it a try (plus, I thought that being able to carry it around with me to reapply as needed was a bonus). Wow !! I am absolutely loving the way it makes my skin look !! It looks completely natural, it does NOT dry out my skin, it LASTS, and completely covers any redness. I am so happy that I decided to try this wonderful product !!

on 11/19/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I did not have good results with Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile. I have mature skin and this powder foundation did nothing to improve my appearance. I purchased Buff which was the closest to my medium fair, cool undertone, but not a perfect match. After several hours, my face appeared ashen, pale and chalky even with blush. This foundation also emphasized my pores and marionette lines despite using a good moisturizer under for slip. Returned to Macy's after two days with my receipt.

Packaging: Plastic square compact which is OK, but comes with a flimsy, thin round sponge.

Possibly a good product for those with younger skin (20s-40s) as light foundation or a touch up powder but definitely not for older, dry, mature skin as a foundation alone.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very good product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a free gift with purchase and I didn't really think anything of it I just threw it in the back of my make up box and forgot about it. But for some reason I grabbed it the other day and used it and realized how wonderful it really is. Mind you I have dry skin, however, I use a moisturizer then a primer then a liquid foundation so I just like a little powder to "set" my make up sometimes (sometimes I go without if I want to look dewy).

I like how this looks over my foundation. It definitely doesn't get cakey or look like I'm wearing make up at all. You know how sometimes powder sits on top of your skin and just looks like too much make up, well this doesn't do that it just looks really natural. Also, this is great just over my moisturizer when I'm feeling lazy and I don't feel like doing a full face in the morning.

I didn't have an issue with finding my shade, however, I don't let other people pick my shade for me because they are stupid and they always pick a shade too dark for me no matter what I tell them, then they put it on me and they are like "oh yeah, you are right". Duh. I'm 32 I think I know what color I am. Plus, y'all gotta be careful picking out colors in stores because the lighting often sucks. Just keep your receipts in case you have to exchange. I think Lancome has plenty of colors, but that is just me. And I have really rosy cheeks so I stay away from anything that can make me appear more pink and I use Bisque II in the summer and it is fine. I would have to choose something lighter for winter though.

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the price. It is right in line with comparable products. I mean seriously, you can't compare this to drug store brands, that is not fair. But if you compare this to Laura Mercier or Dior or other high end brands it falls in line price wise. I think it is worth $36.00. That is pretty much what I expect to pay for a powder. I mean I have most certainly paid more in the past for a crappier product.

on 9/24/2012 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is great for minimal coverage. I don't like to wear foundation for work so I just put this powder on and it's great!