Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Other
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.3

This powder can be used as a powder foundation or setting/touch up powder. This powder is really creamy and fluffy but will still give a matte finish. It will work really well for dry skin. It has more pigment than a regular setting powder. However it's not quite as pigmented as MAC studio fix powder foundation. I would say this powder is really similar to MAC careblend powder but with slightly more coverage and more heavier. If you apply too much, it will look really thick and cakey. I use this powder mainly as a touch up powder but can be used as a setting powder. It does add more coverage to your foundation but still looks really polished. However I have been finding this powder a tad too heavy for the Australian summer weather, but then again it's really hard to make any makeup work in this type of extreme conditions.

It took me a long time to figure out the shade range. They all got these weird names, letterings and numbers. Basically the number stand for the undertone. W is warm, yellow undertone. C is cool, pink undertone. N is neutral undertone. The number is the intensity of the shade. So it's basically the same shading system as Estee lauder's.

I have this in 5 shades and 230 Ecru ll W matches me best. I'm a MAC NC20-25. I use Teint Idole Ultra in 01 mixed with a tiny bit of 035.

130 Porcelaine D'ivoire l (N): Pale neutral undertone, is comparable to MAC careblend powder in light, just a touch darker. NW/NC 15-20.

230 Ecru ll (W): Light medium yellow undertone, comparable to MAC careblend powder in light plus, just a touch darker. NC 20-25.

310 Bisque ll (C): Light medium pink undertone. Would suit NW20-25.

340 Nu lll (N): Neutral yellow undertone, it's about 1 shade darker than Ecru. Comparable to MAC careblend powder in medium but darker and a bit more yellow. NC 25-30.

Then there's also 315 Wheat W but it's actually darker than 340 Nu and more yellow toned. It's probably suited to NC 30.

The shade range available in Australia is terrible but I'm determined to make this powder work because this is really a high quality powder. I paid $55 AUD and contains a generous 19g.

Edit 4/17: I mix ecru 230 with 340 nu as my setting powder. Ecru was getting a tad too light. I'm more of NC25-30 skin tone. I find 340 is the next best yellow toned shade from ecru 230. All the shades in between like Bisque 310, wheat 315 or Amande 320 are not right undertone, either too pink or dark. Wheat 315 is actually darker than 340 nu. 340 nu is technically a neutral shade but has enough yellow in it to use on my Asian skin tone. However if I was to wear dual finish as a powder foundation alone, I would just use 340 nu.

Anyway this is a truly exquisite powder and I believe it's lancome's number one best selling product.

on 9/17/2009 2:50:00 AM

im on my second and soon third compact. i love this because it gives me decent coverage and i HATE foundation. so powder this is the only way to go for me.

i only knocked a lippe because when i first bought it the price was $32, $35 the second time and now its $35.50.

on 9/15/2009 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG!!!!!!!!!!! After years of searching, my HG is here! I love that when you put this powder on, it just melts onto your skin and looks so natural. It just makes your skin look better. Initially, it will be very matte but after about 10-15 minutes your skin just looks so good and radiant. I LOVE it. and it feels like you have NOTHING on!! After years of trial and error, my search for HG foundation is over!!

on 11/22/2008 2:49:00 PM

ahhh big break out!

on 1/13/2008 3:33:00 PM

Turned orange, terrible finish,couldn't get a good color match. Dried out my skin.

on 10/3/2007 4:50:00 PM

This really is my constant fall back. During the course of a year, the change of seasons, my skin changes. But no matter what I can fall back on this. Even if it's not perfect on me, it can be better than everything else I have. Studio fix is just too much coverage for me, too chalky. Applying with a brush is ok, but still Dual Finish wears so much more beautifully. I have like 3 almost empty ones that live in various places for touch ups: my car, purse, diaper bag... So even if I am wearing something else, this can touch me up perfectly. I will always go back to it!

I was always looking for an easier way to apply foundation and powder. This powder would not go on smoothly for me, it always looked blotchy, plus, I have light skin and there wasn't one that was light enough for me, so I will be sticking with my Erno Laszlo absolute finish and duo-phase powder.

i have oily skin and this works great!!! it looks just a bit heavy at first but after about 5 minutes it looks perfect! it doesnt even look like i'm wearing makeup, and it covers well!!

on 1/17/2006 11:05:00 AM

Oh, hell no! It should be against the law to sell this to people who have acne prone skin. Lancome says it's for "ALL SKIN TYPES", which is just not true. I should sue them for that. This has mineral oil in it which is a big no, no, for me and many ppl of the acne prone and combo skin set. Cystic acne is not a good look!!! I really wish Lancome would smarten up and make an OIL free version, because this does have a nice finish, and really good coverage. My skin looked damn near flawless until the zits came marching in. My friend who has normal skin wears this and she looks amazing. She looks flawless in a very non-make-upy way. I thought it was just how she looked, until I saw her without makeup, I said "wow you look so different without makeup." She got mad at me and I bolted to Macy's to get some of this so I could look like her. But alas, this is not for me. If you have normal or dry skin you will like this powder. Good luck.

Good medium coverage, lasts quite awhile on my face. Compact travels well. I apply using the Jane Iredale Handi brush. Good colour selections. Does not break me out or clog my pores.