Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very good product.

on 11/2/2012 5:56:00 PM

I have used this powder for 20 years now. I'd recently started experimenting with other brands, but after spending tons on money trying to find something that might be better, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anything better for me. I wear Matte Porcelaine Delicate. It has a nice pink tone that suits my skin perfectly. Great coverage alone over a moisturizer or primer and flawless coverage over liquid makeup. For those complaining about the smell, it does come in a fragrance free formula!! I personally like the scent and don't find it too overpowering, but I realize some people are more sensitive to how cosmetics smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been wearing Dual Finish for 30 years. I loved it so much I have never seen reason to stray from it. I always use this as a dusting finish powder over my foundation. I wear BE Mineral Foundation now and still use this instead of the BE Mineral Veil. It always makes my finished makeup look similiar to airbrushed. I use it for a touch up if I am going somewhere for the evening too. It is the HG powder for me and matches my skintone perfectly as Matte Buff II, I am quite fair complected and that is a feat in itself.

on 10/21/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: I've looked for drugstore dupes and the closest I can find is Revlon Nearly Naked powder and Maybelline Fit ME powder. Neither go on in a powdery fashion and blend in well with skin.

This is the powder my mother wore and it gave her aged skin a pretty diffusion and evenness belying her years. So I decided to try for my face and I really like this too. It doesn't emphasize wrinkles and will not totally cover imperfections but looks so skinlike. You can build coverage with a little effort but even with multiple layers this powder does not look chalky or heavy. I love the scent; it's very pretty and makes it a pleasure to apply. (And if this is the smell that reminds my children and grandchildren of me, I can think of way worse things!) Powder feels weightless on my skin, and doesn't make my skin or rosacea freak out. I'm a NC 25 and I wear buff. Also when you buy from Lancome they have the best GWPs

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!

on 2/5/2011 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I too have used this product for at least 20 years. I have never liked the feeling of creme foundation on my face - this has been a great alternative. I haven't used it wet, only dry. I can't tell you how many times people have complimented me on my skin because of it. For me, it is the perfect consistency. I sometimes wear a creme now (as I'm 49) but I always use this powder to "perfect" the look!

on 2/29/2008 11:45:00 PM

This love pressed powder. I have been using this one for SO many years! It works beautifully, both wet and dry. It doesn't look cakey on the skin. I have tried many other pressed powders, because I want to look at a new case (!), but I always return to this product.

on 2/26/2008 2:04:00 PM

I discovered this in my late teens--early 20's. Now I am 52. The best idea and product for my combo skin with flaws--ever. My HG.

It covers the large pores in my t-zone, broken capillaries and discoloration. Gives me a flawless face to paint as I like, as a foundation should. I don't worry about touch up and it never changes color.

I use the sponge and apply dry. Sometimes the compact doesn't close with the sponge. In 30 years, I've had one hinge break.

I pretty much consider this foundation, my face!

If I ever become unhappy with it, I will try to changing moisturizers or application because there isn't a foundation that ever will work better.

on 7/3/2007 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the foundation I come back to time and time again. Because I am human, I'm always looking and trying other products, but to no avail. They actually make a color light enough for me which is a big hurdle all by itself. My skin is exceptionally oily and this does a better job of controlling the oil than any other foundation I've ever tried. I use it dry with the included sponge (which is perfect). The color remains true throughout the day even after the oil starts to break through (there apparently isn't a product on the planet which will control it ALL day), it doesn't feel at all heavy on my skin and I don't even notice the scent some others have commented on. I guess that's because I've used it so many years that it's just background noise for me now! It is a little on the expensive side, but I guess cliches are good for something - all together now!- you get what you pay for!

on 5/24/2005 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love it. Very pretty finish that wears well without caking, etc. Love the gentle scent. Very pretty and great colors too.