Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

on 6/12/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wore Dual Finish for years when I was in my late 30's and abandoned it in my 40's, probably because that was around the time when all the Miraculous Age-Defying, Line-Erasing, Wrinkle-Smoothing, Laundry-Folding makeup lines launched. Over my non Dual Finish years I've tried dozens (literally) of liquid, creme, mousse and powder foundations...and liked many of them. For whatever reason, I suddenly remembered good old Dual Finish and raced to Macy's to see if it was as wonderful as I remembered. IT IS! I swirl it on with a brush...as the Lancome makeup artist did...and the coverage is as lovely and natural and smooth as ever. It's extremely buildable, and gives a flawless, even finish without looking cakey or chalky. I touch-up my nose with the foam puff midday if there's any shine. I'm wearing it alone now because I hate liquid makeup during the summer, but when the colder weather comes it will still have a place in my makeup bag. Dual Finish...forgive me! I cheated on you for years...but you took me back...and now I think we're going to live happily and flawlessly ever after!

on 3/9/2008 10:46:00 PM

I have been using this for 20 years as a powder over my foundation. I realize it is supposed to be a foundation itself, but I use it as a pressed powder. I have strayed to other high end powders (even Cle De Peau) and still go back to this one. It makes my skin look so much better than any other powder I have tried.

I love this! I only use it dry. It gives me a little heavier coverage than Cover Girl. Smells great. Goes on very silky. Does not look like I have it on. Very happy with it and will buy again!