Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 19-24
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

2.8

on 3/18/2010 3:30:00 AM

I didn't like this powder at all. I have had it for 3 days, and will try it for the rest of the week, but it is an honest disappointment from Lancome.

Pros:
-There is a very wide color range. There is also a chart which helps find your shade (at the counter).
-The compact is very stable and not likely to fall apart in my purse. It's also slim and classic looking.
-It is fragranced, which could be a plus for some, but to me it's nice and another pro.

Cons:
-It oxidizes, badly. When I put it on in the morning, it matches perfectly. By the end of the day, I have friends asking me where my sudden tan came from. It doesn't turn orange, fortunately, but it does darken a lot.
-It feels heavy. it doesn't look heavy or cakey, thankfully, but it feels horrible. When I've worn this powder/foundation, I feel like I have so much on my face, and I'm honestly uncomfortable and self conscious for the rest of the day.
-It doesn't control oil. I have shine on my nose within a few hours, and shine on my cheeks as well, which never happens. I couldn't imagine someone oily ever using this.
-I wish the packaging had room for the additional sponge. The sponge is completely useless, but if they're going to include it and someone expects to use it, it should at least fit in the compact.
-It transfers, which makes me scared to hug anyone with a light colored shirt in fear of leaving a powder mark.
-It is expensive, almost $40 with tax. I have paid $60 for certain foundations, so I'm not sticker shocked by the high end price, but more the fact that it doesn't work even though it comes from a high end company and costs so much.

I would not repurchase this, and honestly even if I got it for free, I wouldn't use it.

on 9/17/2009 2:50:00 AM

im on my second and soon third compact. i love this because it gives me decent coverage and i HATE foundation. so powder this is the only way to go for me.

i only knocked a lippe because when i first bought it the price was $32, $35 the second time and now its $35.50.

on 11/22/2008 2:49:00 PM

ahhh big break out!

on 10/4/2005 5:57:00 PM

A girl witht he combination,more on the dryer side skin here.Well,I just bought this powder a week ago so I can pretty much tell what I like and dislike about it.
Pros:it glides on very evenly when applied with the thick applicator;it's not cakey,non-drying,in fact it moisturizes;gives very decent coverage.After reading the reviews here I was afraid it would cause breakouts but it didn't.I kinda like the smell,it doesn't bother me.
Cons:by end of the day my face looked a shade darker than it actually is.I guess face oil and oil in the powder ganged up together and created a darker shade.
I'm sure I will repurchase this powder in a lighter shade, and for now I'll just wear turtlenecks(come on,winter's coming) which conceal the fact that face and neck are of slightly different colour:)

My mother loves Lancome, so of course when I first started using powder, my mom introduced me to the Dual Finish powder. This can be used wet if you want the maximum coverage, and dry for minimum to medium coverage. I tried using it wet, and by mid-day my face looked really cakey and oily. I was only in high school! Then when I tried to use it dry, it covered well and looked nice. However, when my oily skin started to act up and I tried to touch up it would blotch. I don't mind the smell, in fact I think it smells quite nice. Now they've come out with a Dual Finish Fragrance Free, so stop complaining already! I used the color Matte Buff II. Sometimes it blended w/my skin in the winter, but got really orangey in the summer, so it looked like my face was darker than my body! I would not buy this again, though I still love most of Lancome products. In case anyone wants to know, MAC makes a similiar powder to this but it's a pressed powder called Select Sheer/Pressed Powder. MUCH BETTER, and it's not cakey. Or, I stick with my STudio FIx.