Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.5

on 2/27/2013 3:07:00 PM

I've used this off and on for many years, and recently returned to it after receiving my color in a swap.

I am not sensitive to scent, so I've never noticed any particular fragrance in this product. I generally use mine as a setting powder, applying with an Eco-Tools powder brush. It gives a very natural and non-cakey appearance, and lasts all day. It gives me an airbrushed appearance.

Considering how long a compact lasts, the price is fairly reasonable. I think it's one of the best in the market.

on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

on 3/18/2010 3:30:00 AM

I didn't like this powder at all. I have had it for 3 days, and will try it for the rest of the week, but it is an honest disappointment from Lancome.

Pros:
-There is a very wide color range. There is also a chart which helps find your shade (at the counter).
-The compact is very stable and not likely to fall apart in my purse. It's also slim and classic looking.
-It is fragranced, which could be a plus for some, but to me it's nice and another pro.

Cons:
-It oxidizes, badly. When I put it on in the morning, it matches perfectly. By the end of the day, I have friends asking me where my sudden tan came from. It doesn't turn orange, fortunately, but it does darken a lot.
-It feels heavy. it doesn't look heavy or cakey, thankfully, but it feels horrible. When I've worn this powder/foundation, I feel like I have so much on my face, and I'm honestly uncomfortable and self conscious for the rest of the day.
-It doesn't control oil. I have shine on my nose within a few hours, and shine on my cheeks as well, which never happens. I couldn't imagine someone oily ever using this.
-I wish the packaging had room for the additional sponge. The sponge is completely useless, but if they're going to include it and someone expects to use it, it should at least fit in the compact.
-It transfers, which makes me scared to hug anyone with a light colored shirt in fear of leaving a powder mark.
-It is expensive, almost $40 with tax. I have paid $60 for certain foundations, so I'm not sticker shocked by the high end price, but more the fact that it doesn't work even though it comes from a high end company and costs so much.

I would not repurchase this, and honestly even if I got it for free, I wouldn't use it.

on 9/17/2009 2:50:00 AM

im on my second and soon third compact. i love this because it gives me decent coverage and i HATE foundation. so powder this is the only way to go for me.

i only knocked a lippe because when i first bought it the price was $32, $35 the second time and now its $35.50.

on 6/12/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wore Dual Finish for years when I was in my late 30's and abandoned it in my 40's, probably because that was around the time when all the Miraculous Age-Defying, Line-Erasing, Wrinkle-Smoothing, Laundry-Folding makeup lines launched. Over my non Dual Finish years I've tried dozens (literally) of liquid, creme, mousse and powder foundations...and liked many of them. For whatever reason, I suddenly remembered good old Dual Finish and raced to Macy's to see if it was as wonderful as I remembered. IT IS! I swirl it on with a brush...as the Lancome makeup artist did...and the coverage is as lovely and natural and smooth as ever. It's extremely buildable, and gives a flawless, even finish without looking cakey or chalky. I touch-up my nose with the foam puff midday if there's any shine. I'm wearing it alone now because I hate liquid makeup during the summer, but when the colder weather comes it will still have a place in my makeup bag. Dual Finish...forgive me! I cheated on you for years...but you took me back...and now I think we're going to live happily and flawlessly ever after!

on 3/9/2009 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my 3rd compact..(I am a NW35/40/Chanel 4.5/Cover FX e80 for reference) I use this in Matte Sand III...I love it..I have used pretty much every name brand, but I always come back to this. Not drying at all, nor is it oily, just right, and an occasional touch up. If you want sheer natural coverage use the sponge. If you want to set your powder for the heavier coverage, use the puff. Always beautiful and I don't break out with this formula.
UPDATE: I have stuck with it for a while, but I noticed the product no longer matches my skin in photos...oh well.

on 11/22/2008 2:49:00 PM

ahhh big break out!

on 3/9/2008 10:46:00 PM

I have been using this for 20 years as a powder over my foundation. I realize it is supposed to be a foundation itself, but I use it as a pressed powder. I have strayed to other high end powders (even Cle De Peau) and still go back to this one. It makes my skin look so much better than any other powder I have tried.

on 10/3/2007 4:50:00 PM

This really is my constant fall back. During the course of a year, the change of seasons, my skin changes. But no matter what I can fall back on this. Even if it's not perfect on me, it can be better than everything else I have. Studio fix is just too much coverage for me, too chalky. Applying with a brush is ok, but still Dual Finish wears so much more beautifully. I have like 3 almost empty ones that live in various places for touch ups: my car, purse, diaper bag... So even if I am wearing something else, this can touch me up perfectly. I will always go back to it!

I 'm actually really liking this product- I got it to get the Play gift at my local macys. I was surprised by how good of a match it was to my skin tone since I'd alway been told I should look more in lines of Shiseido ( Asia based brands) for best matches. When used dry, the coverage is even and light ( reminds me of their other powder, which is lighter and more sheer, but I couldn't find a color that matched me) which was great for day time for me. When used wet, the coverage was thicker and evened out my complexion completely. When it just goes on though, it looks too over done, but like mentioned earlier, wait a little bit ( I also pat my face a little), and it looks very very natural and even. I would recommend using a moisturizer beforehand (and let it dry) before putting the powder on, makes all the difference. The price is a bit steep for what I want to be paying for powder at my age. I'll decide if I want to buy again once I see how long this lasts me.