Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.7

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.

Everything Lancôme makes is perfection! I love this powder it sets my make up and gives me a nice matte finish, it's light weight so if you are using it with foundation don't fret you will not look like a cake face. It's magical!

on 4/30/2014 4:04:00 PM

While it is a bit pricey, it's worth the money. Mine lasts me for at least three months and it's totally worth it to have nice matte foundation all day. It can be used by itself but I personally like it on top of a liquid foundation. I have extremely oily skin so I struggle with powders starting to look orangey and cakey after hours of wear, dual finish keeps my skin matte for longer and even when it does get oily (it's inevitable for me), it still looks pretty good, it looks more dewy than anything.

on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 PM

This is my favorite powder foundation! I use it all the time : ) Its very silky and gives plenty of coverage, you can get light-full coverage with this depending on the ways you apply it. I personally use a puff for a medium coverage or use it as a setting powder with a powder brush if im wearing a foundation!

I am about nc5 (dead of winter - nc10 (summer) and I was matched with the lightest shade "matte porcelaine I" and its a really good match! It says its a "cool" shade online but Its more neutral in my opinion.

I tend to lean more on the dryer side of combination so this might not work well with oily girls because there is mineral oil in this foundation. But its great if you need a little extra hydration without looking powdery.

Pros:
Many shades (great color match)
LOTS of product (.67oz), great deal for your $$
Great for dry-dry/combination skin
doesnt clog my pores
sleek, beautiful packaging

cons:
May not work well with oily skins
Fragrance might be irritating to some

on 8/18/2013 3:16:00 PM

This product is so amazing I actually decided to make an account on Makeup Alley just to review it. It deserves to be raved about! I have had difficulties finding a perfect skin makeup product, and besides my Chanel vita lumiere foundation, everything has been too much/not enough coverage, bad-buildup, too orange, too pink, not lasting on my oily-combo skin etc etc...... well this powder is none of those things and will be PERMANENTLY in my makeup bag. Thank you Lancome!

on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM

This powder is the best I have ever used!! I have very bad breakouts and have oily skin but The dual finish powder is amazing for my type skin. It does a fantastic job of being full coverage yet I barely use any (a little goes a LONG way!) It also comes in MANY different shades and my powder is perfectly my shade. However, it does have a smell to it but it is honestly not bad at all; other people tend to way over exaggerate it! But overall, I LOVE this powder!!

on an everyday basis, i either wear no face makeup or BB cream and i've noticed that by the end of the day, my T-zone is SUPER oily! i bought this for that reason, and i do see a difference. at the time, my lancome counter was having gift with purchase so i thought that justifies the price a bit for me. plus i grew up watching my mom use this so i figured it would work for me too!

PROs:
- versatile! you can use it wet/dry to achieve different levels of coverage and finishes
- comes with puff and sponge
CONs:
- puff sits on top of product (i just kept the plastic that comes with it inside)
- scent (doesn't bother me but i know it will bother some people)

on 1/9/2012 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Great product I have this in Matte Amande and I dust this on alone or with a little concealer on pimples and I literally look pore less and Air brushed looks great in Photographs and looks like natural skin the way it should look like it doesn't give a made up look as if you put anything at all!

This product has worked really well for me so far. :) The coverage is nice and I do not require many touch ups during the day. I wear this alone on top of a light foundation! I have extremely sensitive skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. That is a VERY BIG PLUS! It honestly does remind me of Mac's Studio Fix powder, without the horrible acne associated with using that brand. I have the scented version of Dual. It's a little overpowering, but it becomes unnoticeable once applied. It's a little pricey at 37.50 but the compact will last me a while. We will see how it pans out for me in the next few months. So far I will repurchase!

on 6/29/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this powder foundation, I don't know what it has but it simply makes you look glowing and flawless! This stuff really does not cake whatsoever, nor does it look powdery. The scent is a bit strong, but it fades once applied. I like this better than my Studio Fix Powder, because it doesn't feel heavy or make me breakout. The finish to this is really what I love, its gorgeous, I'm not sure about coverage, I'd say sheer to slightly medium, if built up. I heard it can also be wet to become a fuller coverage foundation, so its very versatile.