Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.6

on 3/12/2004 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I don't wear powder foundations anymore (I use tinted moisturizer or a sheer foundation), this is one of the best powder foundations out there. First, you can use this wet or dry (used wet provides more coverage). This alone provides full coverage. However, there is one thing I don't like about this product- it has that signature Lancome rose water scent. Other than that, it's excellent!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder itself is very nice. It applies smoothly, feels luxurious, has great coverage, gives a 'soft-focus' effect to the skin, and it comes in a wide variety of shades and skin tones. However, the price has skyrocketed throughout the years... when I first started to use it (in '07), it was $21.50, then the next thing I know it was $22.50, then jumped to $24.00, then $29.50, and now last time I purchased it it was a whopping $39.50! Oh my goodness! I am truly not against paying a certain price for a good product, but that's a little ridiculous. And, mentally comparing the packaging to the past ones that I have purchased, I feel that they have cut back on the quality; it's still nice and aesthetically pleasing, but it feels like it could break now (before the plastic felt very strong and the hinges sturdy). And if you use this for an all over foundation, or worse yet, use it wet, you use the product up very quickly. I was using mine mostly wet this last time I purchased it; dry for touch-ups, and I used it up in less than a month; all with me trying to go easy on it. And even though it does have all those nice qualities that I mentioned above, the price to quantity ratio will prevent me from buying this to use as an every day foundation; though I do like this enough to buy as a 'treat', I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of as a customer buying this every month. A nice product, but one I will have to think twice about before purchasing again...

on 10/8/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a matte finish, THIS IS AMAZING, my holy GRAIL, like no words can explain this, for dry skin, i know you arent suppose to be using powder, but this doesnt show my dry skin, i use this all over my face, its long lasting, giving me a matte finish, it might be expensive but its a well spent product. check it out, youll be please.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is what I used as a teenager and every couple of years I keep coming back. The smell is so nostalgic and this is one of the few powders I can find light enough for me. A reliable product worth a shot for pasty girls. Hate the sponge though.

on 1/2/2004 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This product can be applied with a damp sponge or with a brush (it comes with a puff but i never use those). When applied with the dampen sponge, it gives really good coverage. When applied with a brush it looks really natural & matte. A good product to set your liquid foundations with. Plus, i like the smell & i didnt get any breakouts. The mirror in this thing is huge.. lol.
The downside is that the color doesnt match me too well, i am between a too light one and a too tanned one. I bought the tanned one and apply it with a very light hand since the lighter one might look chalky on me.

on 11/11/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not enough coverage for me. I know, you may be saying "well what do you expect from a powder foundation?!". I've been trying various powder foundations and many of them provide much more coverage than this, including MAC Studio Fix. This also applied kind of patchy around my nose area for some strange reason. I chose Matte Ecru, which was a good match. No SPF is another reason why I'm not in love with this. The packaging is fine, except that for on the go, they expect you to use the puff it comes with and not the sponge, so the compact doesn't close very well with the sponge. I have one question, what the heck are you supposed to do with the sponge in the meantime? Store it in a plastic baggy or something? Not very well thought out, in my opinion.

on 5/19/2003 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this powder but the scent was too strong for me. It actually gave me a headache. The coverage is pretty good but I couldn't bare the scent.