Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.5

on 7/10/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm so mad at Lancome I could spit! I have used Dual Finish for years and adore it but something's changed. It took me weeks to figure out that the red scaley rash on my jaw and checks was from their powder. I'm just sick of companies changing their formulations and ruining wonderful products!

on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

on 1/13/2008 3:33:00 PM

Turned orange, terrible finish,couldn't get a good color match. Dried out my skin.

I used this years ago and couldn't really remember why I stopped... I bought it again recently and I believe I stopped before because it doesn't really last a long time on me... it's not bad... I just have to touch up a couple of times...

That's a shame and I really wish it were longer lasting because I bought color Matte Claire this time and it is absolutely, hands-down, the BEST color match I have EVER had in a powder foundation... I can get really close to a match with Clinique powders but this Matte Claire is a dead-on, perfect color match.

I really don't notice the fragrance at all.. and it does not keep me matte across my oily tzone... but the color match is just perfect... I am going to play around with some primers and see if I can get it to last longer.

on 1/14/2010 3:30:00 PM

I've been using this for years and years. I now use the unscented version, which I prefer. I keep trying other powdered foundations and keep on coming back to this. It's a light coverage when you use a Kabuki brush and a heavier coverage when you use the applicator that it comes with. Intially when you put it on you will look powdery, but in a short while the powderiness goes away and it gives you a nice even look. The color does not oxidize on me. It stays pretty true. I do have to either re-apply or use an oil blotting sheet during the day because I start to get shiny after a while. Pretty good product. I usually wait for a GWP when I need to repurchase.

on 9/24/2007 11:32:00 AM

I have used this for years. During my 20's, 30's, 40s, pregnancies, "no makeup" au natural years, burlesque "Makeup Queen" years, and now. I have used it so long that I am only just now realizing that the other makeup lines have probably developed competing products that I should try. I am now trying MAC studio fix - which works nice with a brush. But, I have Lancome dual foundation in my purse, in my makeup drawer, and a spare that I can't find. I just go back to it as a staple item. Looks great alone. If you wear it over foundation - make sure the foundation is not too powdery. The Lancome Mousse foundation is not a good pairing with this product.
About color - I think Lancome has some of the nicest color selections for foundations.
Me - 44, Auburn/Hazel, Fair/medium C3-C4, normal skin

I love this! I only use it dry. It gives me a little heavier coverage than Cover Girl. Smells great. Goes on very silky. Does not look like I have it on. Very happy with it and will buy again!

I love a matte look and have probably tried every product out there. I can't stand liquid foundation (no matter how thin you apply it.) I have been using Dual Finish (Matt Bisque II) for ages now and it makes my not-so-flawless skin look flawless. Most friends think I don't wear foundation or powder. I keep looking to see what is out there as far as a matte-look powder/foundation and have found nothing to equal this. My only complaint (and the only reason I'm still looking elsewhere) is the cost. I think it's outragiously expensive...$39.50 not including tax. BUT I'm still using it.

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

on 2/4/2017 6:17:00 PM

I have been using Lancome for at least 25 years and this was the product that introduced me to Lancome. I can't begin to imagine how many times I have purchased this foundation. Just a couple weeks ago, I spent my Saturday (the entire day) online reading about different foundations and their reviews. I was concerned that my nearly 46 year old face might need something different than my 20-something face. My skin was and still is, both oily and sometimes dry. It appeared to me, most of the foundations geared to my age group are designed more for dry skin, which is not what I need. I also wanted a foundation that could be shear or full coverage depending on the day. Having the flexibility to use as a wet or dry foundation has truly spoiled me over the years and I had no clue.

In the morning, I wash my face, apply serum and moisturizer, then I apply primer (when I remember), and then I use a foundation brush to apply my Dual Finish Powder. I leave it at that if I want a lighter look, which happens most days. When I am looking for more coverage, I use the sponge that came with the compact and with that I can control where and how much I apply. I use the edge of the sponge under my eyes and across the top and side of my nose, which has been a great concealer for me over the years. I then use the flat portion of the sponge across my forehead, cheeks and chin. To be honest, I don't like the look of heavy makeup and I don't like the way it looks on me just after I applied the makeup, but after a few minutes when my natural oils do their thing, I think my makeup looks fabulous! I'm going to be sticking with this foundation.