Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.7

on 6/24/2002 2:18:00 AM

This is my favourite powder. It evens out my complexion, doesn't look cakey or flakey, and provides amazing, natural coverage. It makes my skin look flawless. I use it dry and that's enough coverage. I can't even imagine how flawless the wet would look like. It's expensive at $32.00, but I don't mind paying it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this dry as a powder foundation when I'm in a rush, and looks very natural when it "sets". When I first tried this a few months ago, I used it wet and it didn't agree with my acne-prone skin. Recently, I tried it again, this time with a dry sponge, and behold, no breakouts! Lancome used to carry an oil-free version of this, but that has been discontinued. This is a very versatile powder foundation that can be used wet/dry or as a powder, and I got a perfect color match in Matte Pale I. It had a strong fragrance, but it has either faded or I just don't notice it anymore.

Well, I wanted to love this, I really did, but w/ most foundations it just didn't hold up on my oily skin. Within an hour I was super shiny. It's actually not enough coverage for me either, my skin is quite blotchy & ruddy but I only used it dry not wet. I'm going to return this. :(

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got this in Miel Fonce IV. I love this product alot. I haven't used my compact yet but I loved it when I tried it on at the counter in Strawbridges. While many other foundations make my skin tone look kinda different and not really exactly like my color, Miel Fonce IV is just about perfect. Even the texture is natural. I don't look like I'm wearing powder or foundation. It's very nice for photos too. It doesn't make you look older like some powder foundations do.

on 2/20/2003 11:25:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy a $30 compact, but the versatility of the product is well worth the money. It blends in well, and when applied wet I don't need additional concealor for blemishes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am in the minority here when I say this was eh. It wasn't terrible, but there are so many better products out there. I always find that Lancome colors are too pink for my very yellow asian skin tone. Also, it turns orange pretty quickly too. Actually, all Lancome foundations turn orange on me. It just sat on my face and was too heavy for me. Didn't do much for controlling shine either.I'll pass.

I really do like this stuff. It covers better than any powder foundation I have tried (although you will still need concealer for blemishes). It does look a bit powdery when first applied but after about ten mins. or so it turns into a more natural look. Does have a perfume smell but it doesn't bother me. Also a great value since the size of the compact
is almost double of its dept. store competitors similar products.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Besides Revlon's Shine Control Mattifying makeup, Lancome's Dual Finish is my "next holy grail!" I love the fact that it covers well, yet looks natural on, although a tad bit powdery looking, but I can tolerate that. It also controls shine like Revlon's Shine Control Mattifying makeup, and I use it whenever I need to touch up my foundation. One thing that I found out is that Dual Finish is double the size (in terms of the amount of powder that they give you) of any other Department Store and Drugstore compact makeup. That's why I actually pay for this stuff even though it's $42 CDN. If there was any less, I'll be on the lookout for an alternative. :)

on 9/23/2003 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

P.S.: I wish that Lancome makes this with an SPF just like the Revlon one.

this is the WORST powder foundation EVER...ive got pale skin and got matte porcelain 1....it made my face look like a peach....way to orange and has a strong floralish smell not worth the 45 bucks i payed...btw this is in Can. grrrrr...didnt cover up or tone down the redness on pimples...this crap reminds me of the old cover girl foundations that turned orange and gave you the same makeup "scent" as this....wait, i think they still sell those