Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

on 7/24/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shut the front door!!! Where has this been all my life???

I have been on the hunt for a foundation for the last 6 years or so. I am 58 and shortly after turning 50, foundations weren't playing nice with my skin. I have probably sampled, bought, returned over 100 formulas. I finally settled on alternating between IT Cosmetics CC and Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, not entirely satisfied with either, but at least the finish was doable and didn't make my complexion look worse.

I dislike liquid or cream foundations...love powder, but it's so hard to find one for older skin.

I had a sample of this that has sat on my desk for a couple of months...I looked at it last week and fondly remembered my first publishing job out of college...and how everything in my makeup bag was Lancome. For some reason, I eventually strays away from the line.

I applied it to my skin last week, and wow, just wow...gives me great coverage without looking heavy...no settling in pores or lines...no micro cracking or looking older than I am...no cakiness, just a lovely, soft focus that minimizes pores...actually understand that airbrushed look now. It lasted me about 5-6 hours before it began to fade a bit, but it still looked good...like it had melded with my skin...I blotted and gave it a light touch up and it was beautiful for another 4 hours. Its lightweight and feels fabulous on the skin. It also seems to be transfer proof as well. I use it with the Lancome waterproof concealer, which is a great combo!

I promptly went out and bought Amande III, which is just the perfect, gorgeous shade for me.

I will still use the CC cream when I'm in the sun, but this will replace Laura Geller as my go to foundation.

Edit: I stopped using this as I began to notice a grayish cast...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Lancome has done it again with this fabulous wet/dry formulation of powder makeup. The color Buff Beige is medium true beige that makes your skin look beautiful & covers minor imperfections. I like to go just a bit darker in all seasons, this color is but doesn't ever look too dark! It glides on dry so I've never used wet; it blends with your own skin moisture within minutes to give a nice glow to your skin. Coverage lasts all day & rarely creases, but if it does just wipe lightly & it blends instantly. This makeup is just like a mineral makeup, but the color is much better. I compared it to one of the mineral make up brands the coverage cannot be beat. I constantly get compliments that my skin looks amazing when I use it & I am 58! This makeup is the equivalent of Maqui Libre as far as I am concerned! The compact is sophisticated & they thoughtfully put a mirror & plastic cover inside so the applicator does not sit on the powder when stored. One suggestion would be to either include another cloth applicator or sell them separately. Try this makeup, you won't be disappointed! It applies quickly for working girls! You can use brush or the cloth applicator & layer the coverage. Lancome recently dropped the non-fragrance option, why do they do that? We sensitive women appreciate a company that cares; not just catering to the next generation!

on 2/22/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a really excellent powder foundation. The color range is vast and I was able to find a suitable match for my skin tone in Rose Clair II. When paired with a the right moisturizer and primer (I use La Base Pro) I actually get compliments on my otherwise acne prone lackluster problem skin with this powder foundation. But I've had a compact for two years and I've hardly made a dent in it. This is entirely because of the fact that it's an over fragranced product. I simply cannot stand the scent of this otherwise excellent makeup. It's got this really strong 1960's grandmotherly scent I remember from my mother's makeup when I was a child. It's not just that I find the scent over powering. Alas it irritates my eyes and skin if I use it regularly. Lancome used to make a scent free version of this that I quite liked but they discontinued it. So even though it's great for travel I will eventually use this compact up and not repurchase. If you're not bothered by the cheap perfume scent by all means give this product a go

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I could not get past the heavy scent of this product. Even if it didn't make me want to scratch my face off, I would not want to smell like old roses in a stuffy room.

on 9/18/2014 2:26:00 PM

I have used this makeup product for years when I was younger and had fallen away from it for the past 10 years. Now that I am older, and need to touch up my makeup in the afternoon, I picked up a new one and I believe it is better than ever! No caking, no gathering in the creases, and a lovely finish. Definitely a repurchase!

on 3/17/2014 11:04:00 AM

Love this product !!
I have very dry, sensitive skin, but despite that, my skin, in general, is very nice (people are always commenting on how nice my skin is - good genes, I guess). But I do have some areas of redness, especially around my nose. I never wore foundation of any kind until the past few years, and even then wore it very sparingly. Because my skin is dry, I used a liquid foundation, but I never really felt like they were doing anything for me (I tried both Clinique Redness Solutions and Borghese Hydro-Minerali Creme Finish Makeup). Then I saw the add for Lancome Dual Finish makeup, and decided to give it a try (plus, I thought that being able to carry it around with me to reapply as needed was a bonus). Wow !! I am absolutely loving the way it makes my skin look !! It looks completely natural, it does NOT dry out my skin, it LASTS, and completely covers any redness. I am so happy that I decided to try this wonderful product !!

on 11/19/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I did not have good results with Lancome's Dual Finish Versatile. I have mature skin and this powder foundation did nothing to improve my appearance. I purchased Buff which was the closest to my medium fair, cool undertone, but not a perfect match. After several hours, my face appeared ashen, pale and chalky even with blush. This foundation also emphasized my pores and marionette lines despite using a good moisturizer under for slip. Returned to Macy's after two days with my receipt.

Packaging: Plastic square compact which is OK, but comes with a flimsy, thin round sponge.

Possibly a good product for those with younger skin (20s-40s) as light foundation or a touch up powder but definitely not for older, dry, mature skin as a foundation alone.

on 2/27/2013 3:07:00 PM

I've used this off and on for many years, and recently returned to it after receiving my color in a swap.

I am not sensitive to scent, so I've never noticed any particular fragrance in this product. I generally use mine as a setting powder, applying with an Eco-Tools powder brush. It gives a very natural and non-cakey appearance, and lasts all day. It gives me an airbrushed appearance.

Considering how long a compact lasts, the price is fairly reasonable. I think it's one of the best in the market.

on 11/30/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rated this cheap because I got it at an outlet store for about $6. I got it in Matte Bisque Fragrance Free. After slathering my face with moisturizer, I used it dry and it made an immediate difference. It also hid my spider veins without making me look made up. I will try it sometime wet with the sponge.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This is my HG foundation. I never thought I could use a powder foundation as my skin is on the dry side but this is lovely. It never looks chalky or cakey like other powders I've tried.
The color matches my skin perfectly. I use Rose Clair II. It feels as if I have nothing on my skin.
I use Retin-A and glycolic acid and my skin is very even toned, so I don't need much coverage. I'm 56 years old.
Dual Finish comes in a scented or unscented formula. I happen to like the scented version. It smells pretty to me and doesn't bother my skin.