Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 44-55
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.5

on 3/2/2017 1:28:00 PM

Being 47 yo, its really difficult to find a powder foundation that wears well, doesn't creep into fine lines, isn't drying, and doesn't make you look like a corpse... This product is THE most amazing powder foundation I have ever used, next to Shiseido...it's buttery, hydrating, great coverage, and works well with the provided sponge, a flat top buffing brush, or a damp Beauty Blender...its expensive @$40+ but a little goes a long way. There's a great color selection for all tones as well...will definitely repurchase.

on 2/4/2017 6:17:00 PM

I have been using Lancome for at least 25 years and this was the product that introduced me to Lancome. I can't begin to imagine how many times I have purchased this foundation. Just a couple weeks ago, I spent my Saturday (the entire day) online reading about different foundations and their reviews. I was concerned that my nearly 46 year old face might need something different than my 20-something face. My skin was and still is, both oily and sometimes dry. It appeared to me, most of the foundations geared to my age group are designed more for dry skin, which is not what I need. I also wanted a foundation that could be shear or full coverage depending on the day. Having the flexibility to use as a wet or dry foundation has truly spoiled me over the years and I had no clue.

In the morning, I wash my face, apply serum and moisturizer, then I apply primer (when I remember), and then I use a foundation brush to apply my Dual Finish Powder. I leave it at that if I want a lighter look, which happens most days. When I am looking for more coverage, I use the sponge that came with the compact and with that I can control where and how much I apply. I use the edge of the sponge under my eyes and across the top and side of my nose, which has been a great concealer for me over the years. I then use the flat portion of the sponge across my forehead, cheeks and chin. To be honest, I don't like the look of heavy makeup and I don't like the way it looks on me just after I applied the makeup, but after a few minutes when my natural oils do their thing, I think my makeup looks fabulous! I'm going to be sticking with this foundation.

on 1/2/2015 2:59:00 AM

Like many others, I've spent thousands on all kinds of makeup products. Interestingly enough, when I first got the dual finish, I didn't think it looked good on me. What I was doing was applying a liquid, crme or mousse type foundation (told you - I've spent a lot of $$ on makeup). I was frustrated because I thought I went a little more upscale and thought still nothing was working!

One day I decided to stop messing around with the foundations and just apply the powder. (Note: the consultants will tell you that it takes a minute for the power to set. They're right.) . What a difference. It covered over a lot of the flaws and gave my skin a much smoother look. The little red areas disappeared.

Because I'm in my 50's I'd decided to explore the skin care moisturizers. I now use a Lancme (Renergie) moisturizer and Estee Lauder spf 50 sunscreen, the combo of which makes my skin looks even toned, then on top of that the dual finish. Let me tell you - this works. I've been consistently receiving compliments on my skin. Highly recommend.

on 10/12/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Awesome! PS.....please email or FB me re: how do I post a pic? When I log in I immediately go to product review and no other options. Thanks! Patti Donnelly-Arnold or kingstonmom1960@gmail

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. It is effortless but is effective in providing a medium coverage matt finish. I apply it with the puff that comes with the compact or with the Lancome Mineral Foundation brush to achieve a light application followed by a minimal application of Lancome blush with the Lancome precision blush brush. By mid-day, I blot my T-zone with Shiseido oil blotting paper and I'm ready to go again. I have dry skin and this formulation does not accentuate fine lines or flakes. It does even out the skin tone, eliminate any redness and provide a beautiful skin-like finish and is so easy to take with you anywhere you go. With proper makeup removal at night with Lancome cleansing milk followed with La Roche Posay Dermal cleanser, there is no breakout. Love this product! Thank you Lancome!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very good product.

on 11/16/2012 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Department stores are not carrying the fragrance free version of this anymore. I complained because I cannot stand the scent of the regular version and have used the fragrance free version for years, probably since it came out! The sales associate at a Major department store at the mall (can I not say which one?) ordered my fragrance free matte bisque II and it was sent to my home free of charge for the inconvenience. Love everything about it, the coverage, color, convenience and classy compact. Try it.

on 11/2/2012 5:56:00 PM

I have used this powder for 20 years now. I'd recently started experimenting with other brands, but after spending tons on money trying to find something that might be better, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't anything better for me. I wear Matte Porcelaine Delicate. It has a nice pink tone that suits my skin perfectly. Great coverage alone over a moisturizer or primer and flawless coverage over liquid makeup. For those complaining about the smell, it does come in a fragrance free formula!! I personally like the scent and don't find it too overpowering, but I realize some people are more sensitive to how cosmetics smell.

on 7/10/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm so mad at Lancome I could spit! I have used Dual Finish for years and adore it but something's changed. It took me weeks to figure out that the red scaley rash on my jaw and checks was from their powder. I'm just sick of companies changing their formulations and ruining wonderful products!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been wearing Dual Finish for 30 years. I loved it so much I have never seen reason to stray from it. I always use this as a dusting finish powder over my foundation. I wear BE Mineral Foundation now and still use this instead of the BE Mineral Veil. It always makes my finished makeup look similiar to airbrushed. I use it for a touch up if I am going somewhere for the evening too. It is the HG powder for me and matches my skintone perfectly as Matte Buff II, I am quite fair complected and that is a feat in itself.