Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm NC45 in MAC and matched for 460 Suede in this powder foundation.

This is perfect if you have very lil in the imperfection dept and just want something fast instead of dealing with a traditional foundation. Before application and after skincare I blot my face of any residual moisture to avoid oxidization or cakey look. After about two hours my face looks luminous but not greasy or oily. Just looks likes even looking skin. Doesn't emphasize pores or the fine lines I have creeping up on my forehead. My only, only complaint.....the FRAGRANCE has got to go!!!! It doesn't dissipate after application....it lingers and lingers for hours and though it doesn't bother me to the point of wanting to ditch it I could imagine it being irritating to those sensitive to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase unless they killed off the fragrance.

Update 2/6/2017: Sadly this needed to be given away because the fragrance was making my child ill and he comes first so off it went to a more suitable home.

on 1/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

You know the products in your makeup collection that you wish you would have discovered a long time ago? This powder foundation is one of those for me. In my opinion, this one is much better than the one by MAC which I used in the tone NC45. I used the one by MAC for years. Although not ever really happy with it, I settled for MAC's powder foundation for years thinking that it was as good as it was going to get. Finally, during the many holiday beauty sales, I decided to give this a try with a 20% off offer. WOW! Lancôme's is a better color match for me in 460 Suede (W). For it to be a matte product, it gives your skin life with a radiant finish. Love this! It doesn't dull and flatten out your face in a matte, chalky appearance. I apply this with IT Cosmetics powder foundation brush starting out with a sheer layer and building as needed. It looks like my skin but smooth and radiant. So happy that this is a part of my foundation rotation now.

9/2017: Took a lippie off because it oxidizes darker on me. If I could find a good color match in this though, it would be a lovely addition to my routine.

I bought this product bc the Lancome counter was out of my usual pressed powder. As soon as I put it on my face, my husband asked what I had sprayed. A few hours later I did a touch up and he almost started gagging on the smell. I will be returning this product bc he won't get near me as long as he can smell this on my face. It's too strong and smells like my grandma. I have no idea if I even like the coverage bc I can't get past the smell

I wanted to love this powder. Very nice coverage, nice compact, I don't mind the light scent. Sadly it oxidizes like crazy on me. It turns orange within an hour and i look ridiculous. I can't wear it. Too bad. It's collecting dust in my stash. Every now and then I try it out to see if my face can take it, but...nope.

on 2/7/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The smell of this product is very off putting. In addition it does not give a lot of coverage. I also tried applying wet which left my face streaky. I returned.

on 11/8/2015 1:36:00 PM

I think I can say that Lancome Dual Finish was the first love of my life. Later, I found my husband and he become the second :)
It has been my only foundation for many, many years and although I tried many times to be unfaithful, my skin didn't like the substitutes.
The secret is to apply it with a brush. Nothing else work for me and I never apply it wet. I have tried it but the result has been really bad.
Liquid foundation seems to look good in other people and I want that for me but no matter the brand, even the most expensive, it looks cakey on my face.

My steps:
1 - Moisturizer - It is important not to have dry skin when I apply powder
2 - Foundation primer (BareMinerals Prime Time, Smashbox Photo Finish, etc.) to have foundation last all day
3 - Lancome dual finish with a large brush
3 - Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray (I got this as a gift with the purchase of Eyeshadow Primer Potion and I like it so far - It removes the "powder" look and makes it look flawless)

I know I didn't include the "corrector" under the eyes as one of the steps and for some people that is almost a sin but that product doesn't look in everyone (I am one of those) - it doesn't correct sometimes. It makes the fine lines more visible...

I do recommend Lancome Dual Finish :)

on 7/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

I purchased this second time because last time I purchased years ago, the shade was too dark so this time i purchased in light shade. However, I did not know that this powder was not very compatible with me.

Con: First of all, it kinda cakes up. (I used the enclosed sponge. Maybe using brush might yield a different result?). Scent is very strong rosy granny style. the surface of the powder kinda turns weird(oil seems to harden it)

Pro: This product does not break me out. Last time I purchased in Neutral and was way too dark for me. This time I purchased in Ivorie W and was slightly light for me but was Ok.

I would not repurchase this because this is horrible to use as touch up.
I am interested in Lancome Cushion Foundation at the moment.

on 6/27/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gives you more coverage than a regular setting powder but I don't like it as a substitute for foundation. It doesn't provide enough coverage for that, and has the expected powdery look. I tried it wet and hated it that way. It was choppy and still not much coverage. It's better to apply it as a powder over a liquid foundation or a BB cream, and then you might as well use a translucent setting powder.

It has a heavy scent that reminds me of Noxema. There used to be a fragrance free version of this but the SA did not believe me, so maybe they stopped making it. I really hate fragrance in my face products, especially because it is likely to cause irritation.

Dual Finish is available in a broad range of colors, so if you do like the finish you are likely to find a good match. I bought Matte Neutrale II and it's a very nice shade.

I rated this 3 out of 5. It is a good powder; it's not terrible and I know it has some die-hard fans, but I really feel that it's inferior to powder foundations from Chantecaille, MAC, Dior, and Urban Decay's new one which all look more polished than this.

The fragrance is a pet peeve.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I bought this with high hopes after reading the reviews on here. The coverage is ok but the strong rose scent is awful. Don't get me wrong, I like roses. But the scent of this powder is so overpowering, it actually made my eyes water.

on 12/20/2014 8:23:00 PM

I bought this powder at Macy in shade Matte Wheat ll. This is a powder foundation. I didn't very like it or hate it. It's an ok product for setting foundation only. I think if you have nice skin you will like it. I don't like the colors also even with there Warm color not yellow enough. I can't find my match. I hate the packaging no separate compartment for the sponge. The powder is not soft or silky feel more chalky. There are better powder foundation out there. Bobbi Brown very soft and silky$48, Mac Studio fix powder $27, Makeup Forever Pro powder $36 and all have good packaging all have separate compartment for sponge, better colors selection yellow undertone.