Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder itself is very nice. It applies smoothly, feels luxurious, has great coverage, gives a 'soft-focus' effect to the skin, and it comes in a wide variety of shades and skin tones. However, the price has skyrocketed throughout the years... when I first started to use it (in '07), it was $21.50, then the next thing I know it was $22.50, then jumped to $24.00, then $29.50, and now last time I purchased it it was a whopping $39.50! Oh my goodness! I am truly not against paying a certain price for a good product, but that's a little ridiculous. And, mentally comparing the packaging to the past ones that I have purchased, I feel that they have cut back on the quality; it's still nice and aesthetically pleasing, but it feels like it could break now (before the plastic felt very strong and the hinges sturdy). And if you use this for an all over foundation, or worse yet, use it wet, you use the product up very quickly. I was using mine mostly wet this last time I purchased it; dry for touch-ups, and I used it up in less than a month; all with me trying to go easy on it. And even though it does have all those nice qualities that I mentioned above, the price to quantity ratio will prevent me from buying this to use as an every day foundation; though I do like this enough to buy as a 'treat', I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of as a customer buying this every month. A nice product, but one I will have to think twice about before purchasing again...

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually found this powder in my mom's makeup stash and it had never been used and it seemed like a good enough match for my skin that it became mine ;) I don't dabble in powders often unless it is to top off a liquid foundation, but i have purchased a few to wear as my sole makeup for the day and was disappointed with patchiness and such. Upon further use, the shade I have, Buff II is a bit too pink for me but it works. It is the first powder I feel like I LOVE. it is soft and silky, yet provides a veil over my skin on those days I don't feel like wearing much makeup and manages to control my oil. I just look like I have perfect skin when I wear this without looking powdery. I'll just do my eyebrows, mascara, and this powder and I'm good to go when I want to tone it down. I would absolutely recommend this and I am tempted to go buy it in my perfect shade. i would like it if the powder puff it comes with had a slip for your fingers to slide into for better control. that is why I docked one lippie on packaging. Otherwise it is sleek and classy.

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought this product about a month ago from Sephora in Matte Neutrale II and I really love it. It has a matte finish once the powder has set. It evens out my skin tone and minimizes my pores (which I definitely need because I have oily skin). This powder has great staying power (though I have yet to test it in hot weather). The only downside I have found is that it irritates my skin if i apply it wet for more coverage. Other than that, it is completely worth the money! It makes my skin look damn near perfect! The powder doesn't sit in the fine lines that are starting to form on my face, instead it seems to make them disappear so that is also a great thing! I didn't use to like to leave the house without foundation and concealer on but now I can do it confidently with just a little of this powder :-D. Will definitely be buying again. I think the price is fair because of how a little goes a long way with this product. The outcome is pretty close to flawless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This powder looks so nice on. Beautiful finish, doesn't look cakey. Really lovely. Lasts pretty well. My only problem is that the first ingredient is talc and my skin itches all over when I use it. I used it several times to make sure and it definitely was the culprit. I'm never sure how to rate a good product that just doesn't work for me, so I gave it 4. I've gone through a lot of powders trying to find one that works, I'm currently trying Laura Mercier mineral pressed powder. We'll see. My other failures (off the top of my head) include MAC MSFN, MUFE pro finish powder, and Coty airspun,

on 9/8/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this about 6 years ago but switched to mineral makeup when that became hot. I recently went on an extended trip and didn't want to bring brushes with me, so I bought one of these again. I think I love it more than before and I am wondering why I switched! It is easy to use and provides excellent coverage that can be built up. It's very lightweight so you don't look like you are wearing powder. It's perfect for touchups throughout the day. For oily skin like mine, it's very mattifying. I have never used this as a liquid so I cannot attest how well it works as one. Definitely going to keep buying it.

on 8/31/2013 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation when I was looking for a finishing powder to wear over top of my foundation (Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h in 210 Buff N) that I love so much and I tried a few brands of powder and they just weren't right in finish or in color.
Since I had such a perfect match with the Ultra 24h, and I have been so happy with it, I figured I could find the same color in a Lancôme powder.

After a lot of experimenting I found a perfect match with Matte Clair II and I love using this powder, both as a finishing powder and on its own as a foundation powder! It gives me that smooth finish I was looking for and it controls my oily skin really well.
The packaging is fine, although I never use the sponges provided so I just find them useless.

My only complaint is the color changes - why did Lancôme have to change all of the colors or color names between their products? I love this product (and the Teint Idole Ultra 24hr) and I can't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon, but I took one lippie off for the color changing within Lancôme because in my opinion they are just confusing their customers and I don't understand the reasoning for it!

on 6/16/2013 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for this product, but am extremely disappointed :( I found a great color match for my fair skin with cool undertones, but I find this product had very little coverage and a very poor lasting power on me. It does nothing to control any shine whatsoever on me, and my skin is not oily in the least! If anything it is normal/slightly combo. I have been applying this over a cleansed, toned, and moisturized face, and while it doesn't look cakey or unnatural, it just looks kinda flat. Does nothing to brighten up my skin or really even out the skin tone much (I have very slight redness that is still very visible after applying this) I will not repurchase this product. I'm going to stick with my Holy Grail Powder Foundation Chanel Double Perfection. It is far superior to the Lancme in my opinion in every area (coverage, oil control, lasting power, etc) . If your torn between the two def go with the Chanel. It's more expensive but worth it!

on 3/16/2013 5:51:00 PM

I don't hate this product but they don't carry the unscented version near me and HOLY monkey this stuff stinks like my grandma's rejected makeup drawer. It is SO overpoweringly floral old lady smell. Now I love older ladies but I do not need my skin smelling like that.

I do have combo/oily skin and this stuff doesn't work as well as I would like. Just alone after I cleanse, tone, moisturize and apply a primer...it just looks patchy some days. Other days it looks great but you never know til you actually get into applying it. But like I said before the smell keeps me from wanting to grab for it.

I will probably give this away or something because I just can't stand it.

on 9/24/2012 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is great for minimal coverage. I don't like to wear foundation for work so I just put this powder on and it's great!