Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 25-29
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder itself is very nice. It applies smoothly, feels luxurious, has great coverage, gives a 'soft-focus' effect to the skin, and it comes in a wide variety of shades and skin tones. However, the price has skyrocketed throughout the years... when I first started to use it (in '07), it was $21.50, then the next thing I know it was $22.50, then jumped to $24.00, then $29.50, and now last time I purchased it it was a whopping $39.50! Oh my goodness! I am truly not against paying a certain price for a good product, but that's a little ridiculous. And, mentally comparing the packaging to the past ones that I have purchased, I feel that they have cut back on the quality; it's still nice and aesthetically pleasing, but it feels like it could break now (before the plastic felt very strong and the hinges sturdy). And if you use this for an all over foundation, or worse yet, use it wet, you use the product up very quickly. I was using mine mostly wet this last time I purchased it; dry for touch-ups, and I used it up in less than a month; all with me trying to go easy on it. And even though it does have all those nice qualities that I mentioned above, the price to quantity ratio will prevent me from buying this to use as an every day foundation; though I do like this enough to buy as a 'treat', I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of as a customer buying this every month. A nice product, but one I will have to think twice about before purchasing again...

on 4/6/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use a powder over my MUFE F&B foundation to add a bit of coverage and to keep my face from sliding off since I have a very oily t-zone. I had been using the MUFE Duo Mat in 214 but I noticed that it was a bit orange for me and wanted something with a better color match. Someone suggested the Lancôme Dual Finish Powder.

The first thing I noticed about this powder is that it has a more luminous and satin finish than the Duo Mat. I wasn't sure how I felt about that since I really wanted to look matte, although my skin does look pretty at first. However, "luminous" skin can quickly turn into "oil slick" skin. As expected I do tend to have to blot a little earlier than usual but I find that this powder holds up very well and at the end of the day it still looks much better than the duo mat.

In addition to that it does provide good coverage that lasts all day and fills in my pores for a nice, soft, smooth, finish. One good thing about the satin finish is that this powder looks like skin. It doesn't cakey or anything.

I bought this in 500 Suede and the color match is much better than the 214 in Duo Mat. I will be buying this powder again

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually found this powder in my mom's makeup stash and it had never been used and it seemed like a good enough match for my skin that it became mine ;) I don't dabble in powders often unless it is to top off a liquid foundation, but i have purchased a few to wear as my sole makeup for the day and was disappointed with patchiness and such. Upon further use, the shade I have, Buff II is a bit too pink for me but it works. It is the first powder I feel like I LOVE. it is soft and silky, yet provides a veil over my skin on those days I don't feel like wearing much makeup and manages to control my oil. I just look like I have perfect skin when I wear this without looking powdery. I'll just do my eyebrows, mascara, and this powder and I'm good to go when I want to tone it down. I would absolutely recommend this and I am tempted to go buy it in my perfect shade. i would like it if the powder puff it comes with had a slip for your fingers to slide into for better control. that is why I docked one lippie on packaging. Otherwise it is sleek and classy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

bleh, couldn't get past the smell of this product. the coverage is pretty poor for a powder foundation

on 5/28/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've wanted to try this for years but always chickened out because of the price. I should have tried it sooner, because it works great on my skin. It doesn't get cakey when used to set my liquid foundation, and it doesn't totally dry me out when I wear it on its own. I'm not really a powder-foundation type of gal but this is really, really nice. Guess it's a classic for a reason.

If you don't like fragrance, stay away. This is pretty strongly scented, but it doesn't last. I kind of like the scent, even though I guess I'm supposed to be careful with my sensitive skin...but so far, no issues!

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

I don't think there is a correlation, but I have to say, since I started wearing this, my face acne scars have faded and I can wear less makeup. This is the only thing I've changed in my routine in the last month, so I have to attribute it to this. Weird, I know. On to the actual product, I don't care for this wet- it looks unnatural on me. I either use this as my setting powder or just an all over powder on my lazy days. I have post acne marks and occasional pimples, so if I use concealer then the powder, I'm good to go. At first I hated the smell, but then it really grew on me. Lastly, you get 0.67 ounces for $38! That's a really good deal!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This powder was love at first use. To me, the finish is best described as 'luminous matte'. I have a difficult time finding powders that don't make my already dry skin look even drier, but this is just beautifully natural looking. Paired with my Teint Idole foundation, it makes my skin feel and look smooth and fresh with only 1 touch up throughout the day. I think the floral scent could be a little much for some, but I actually adore it! I do wish the little puff thing was in it's own compartment, but over the packaging is very sturdy and classic looking. Certainly a new favorite!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought this product about a month ago from Sephora in Matte Neutrale II and I really love it. It has a matte finish once the powder has set. It evens out my skin tone and minimizes my pores (which I definitely need because I have oily skin). This powder has great staying power (though I have yet to test it in hot weather). The only downside I have found is that it irritates my skin if i apply it wet for more coverage. Other than that, it is completely worth the money! It makes my skin look damn near perfect! The powder doesn't sit in the fine lines that are starting to form on my face, instead it seems to make them disappear so that is also a great thing! I didn't use to like to leave the house without foundation and concealer on but now I can do it confidently with just a little of this powder :-D. Will definitely be buying again. I think the price is fair because of how a little goes a long way with this product. The outcome is pretty close to flawless.

on 11/16/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. I couldn't get past the nauseating old-lady perfume smell - super overpowering. The powder also gets caky very easily and although I tried it with numerous foundations, it never gave me a finish I was satisfied with. Going back to Studio Fix. Sorry, Lancome.