Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.7

on 3/15/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As a lot of other people have stated, there is a strong rose smell to it which is very off-putting. It kind of smells like chanel N 5 (very old ladiesque). For me it doesn't stay all day but I do smell it for at least an hour after applying. Especially when I go outside and the wind blows, I can smell my own face which is pretty irritating.
As for the powder, it doesn't offer that much coverage, I just use it to offset the white cast that my sunscreen leaves. It sets makeup very well, doesn't emphasize lines or pores or leave a flat matte finish. But, the smell is just too intense for me, I will not repurchase.

on 10/22/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its always the same.

on 6/7/2015 7:12:00 PM

I have only ever used this powder. I've tried experimenting with a couple cheaper drugstore powders but I've always come back to this one so far.

I used it as both a setting powder and I've also built it up on days where I don't want to wear a lot of makeup.

As a setting powder it leaves a soft, velvet finish that helps to blur my pores and set my makeup. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and my oil production doesn't cause this powder to clump over time. I get oily within 2 hours, even while in doors, and I have yet to come across a product (including this powder) which has helped keep me T-zone matte for any longer than that. I still like the initial finish of it however.

As a foundation powder, I usually buff two layers of it on for a medium coverage and it does a good job of evening out my skin tone, and reducing the redness around my cheeks and nose. It also helps to slightly blur my super dark circles but I usually need concealer for those anyways.

Overall, I appreciate the versatility of the powder but at ~CDN$51 it is a very pricey powder. I'll probably always have this around the house as my sisters and mom have always relied on it but I'm in the mood right now to shop around for cheaper alternatives that can hopefully keep my T-zone matte for longer.

on 4/4/2015 1:34:00 PM

I really do love this powder! It hides pores, evens out skin ton and looks really natural while still providing a medium coverage. I would give this a 5/5 if it didnt have fragrance in it though...while the perfume isnt too bad as it does disappear after a couple mins once makeup is applied, I still find it to be a very unnecessary ingredient and I would just rather not have it in my makeup!

pros
-evens skin tone
-hides pores
-natural finish
-medium coverage
-lasts all day
-doesnt cause dry flakes

cons
-fragrance

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I legit loved this product. My first time wearing it and it stayed on from 8pm- 2am and as I looked at my face in the mirrior the powder still looked amazing. I have oily skin, and the product stayed on, looked flawless, and I felt like I didn't need to re-touch Very natural look which I feel most comfortable with than a foundation or powder that's too heavy. Overall, I fell in love. Does have a scent to it so if you have an awesome nose and have trouble with strong scents. Then this may be a bother for you. The scent was not as strong for me, but I have allergies so sometimes I'm rarely able to smell anything lol.

on 1/27/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very excited about this product, but this product broke me out. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin therefore I am very prone to breakout.
Pro: easy to use
- work best as a setting powder than a powder alone

Cons: Fragrance
- after two hours, it create enlarge pores

The performance of this powder was not that impressive. I did not enjoy it as much as i thought I would have.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My friend's mother always buy lancome whenever there is discount or gift offering at the lancome website. So I don't think this product is too expensive, since I bought this with discount. At first, I thought this product was amazing. My skin looks beautiful with this on. However, my skin changed from dry to oily. This product looks cakey on me. I had to quit using it. Now it has been sitting in my drawer.

Everything Lancôme makes is perfection! I love this powder it sets my make up and gives me a nice matte finish, it's light weight so if you are using it with foundation don't fret you will not look like a cake face. It's magical!

on 4/30/2014 4:04:00 PM

While it is a bit pricey, it's worth the money. Mine lasts me for at least three months and it's totally worth it to have nice matte foundation all day. It can be used by itself but I personally like it on top of a liquid foundation. I have extremely oily skin so I struggle with powders starting to look orangey and cakey after hours of wear, dual finish keeps my skin matte for longer and even when it does get oily (it's inevitable for me), it still looks pretty good, it looks more dewy than anything.

on 11/25/2013 3:28:00 PM

This is my favorite powder foundation! I use it all the time : ) Its very silky and gives plenty of coverage, you can get light-full coverage with this depending on the ways you apply it. I personally use a puff for a medium coverage or use it as a setting powder with a powder brush if im wearing a foundation!

I am about nc5 (dead of winter - nc10 (summer) and I was matched with the lightest shade "matte porcelaine I" and its a really good match! It says its a "cool" shade online but Its more neutral in my opinion.

I tend to lean more on the dryer side of combination so this might not work well with oily girls because there is mineral oil in this foundation. But its great if you need a little extra hydration without looking powdery.

Pros:
Many shades (great color match)
LOTS of product (.67oz), great deal for your $$
Great for dry-dry/combination skin
doesnt clog my pores
sleek, beautiful packaging

cons:
May not work well with oily skins
Fragrance might be irritating to some