Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've moved to a southern state that is quite warm so during the summer months I tend to lean toward the convenience of powder and this one delivers. I use a concealer on my problem areas and swirl this powder on with a nice fluffy brush. The finish is fabulous and isn't a problem for my mature skin that leans to the dry side. It will take me through the day looking my best which is exactly what I was after. I've done a turnaround of sorts and gone back to Lancôme products after years of absence, my skin loves them in general and it shows. Also I recently tried this applying with a wet sponge and the look is kinda flawless, it covers imperfections including a broken capillary. 5/1/2017 I'm nearly finished with this and ordered a backup, it's so versatile. Wet or dry it manages to hide my imperfections. I moisturize well and apply ss before, after I apply I add a spray of thermal water if I'm looking at all dry.

on 8/14/2013 8:31:00 PM

it's very small, but it lasts quite a long time . If you have oily or combination skin you will start to get oily in the first 4 or 5 hours depending on if it's hot or not. If you sweat it will come off. It works very well on making my face looking matte and I really like it. I would buy this again, when I get the money. It is $38 at sephora. which is a little expensive, but it works well! so all in all very good.

on 12/28/2012 10:53:00 AM

I love this product and use it daily. I have used it for a couple years now and it lasts a long time. If i could change one thing about the products packaging it would be the material the top lip is. It looks pretty but i find it scratches and looks junky really easily. I dont find the smell overwhelming as i have seen others report, or I'm used to it :P It is a good coverage for me as i have fair skin with few imperfections and it goes over really nicely on my Josie Maran foundation. deffinattley a re buy. It did seem expensive at first though, which is why i took off a lippie.

on 2/14/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I HATE the smell. If I take this up to my nose and take a big whiff, I literally feel nauseous for 15 minutes. But once you put it on your face, it's not as strong and after waiting a couple minutes, you don't notice the scent and it goes away. That being said, I don't know if it's worth putting up with the smell, but the results are beautiful.
THIS DOES NOT CAKE. Never, ever. It leaves my face looking shine-free, natural, and even, but doesn't look like powder at all. It just looks like skin. It stays on the entire day, and you get a lot of product for your money (19 g./0.67 oz.! The MUF Duo Mat is 0.35 oz. and most other powder foundations are around the same, so you're getting almost twice the amount of product). The shade Wheat II is a perfect color match for my Asian NC30 skin. Love the product, hate the smell. If you can tolerate the scent, go pick it up!

on 2/4/2012 11:33:00 AM

I have been using this for a few months and it is a really good powder and I get compliments on my skin all the time! It never gives me breaks outs and it smells good:) It has light coverage so if you're looking for the effect of liquid foundation I wouldn't recommend it, although I find that when I put more of it on my face the coverage is better.

on 1/31/2012 10:00:00 PM

This is a good powder foundation that covers up really nicely without anything else on my face, it hids the blood vessels on my eyelids as well as the redness around my nose, it doesn't do an amazing job at covering the redness on my cheeks but it's just a face powder so that doesn't bother me. The scent is very strong so that is one thing I don't like about it, whenever I where this I skip perfume because the scent from this product is already so strong, I know there is an unscented version but sadly it is not sold in Canada, If I were to go to the states one day I will be picking it up, but for now I probably won't be repurchasing this because it is also very pricy at $50 CAD, and also one more thing I don't about this product is the packaging, it comes with a sponge and a puff, the puff fits perfectly into the compact, but i prefer sponges over puffs, the sponge kind of fits but sometimes the compact won't close because of the sponge which is a huge concern for me.

on 11/21/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was okay, I don't find any/limited coverage with this.
It settles int my dry skin and does not keep me matte for the whole day. Expensive product, but the packaging works.
Doesn't give me that flawless, natural looking skin I can achieve with my Rimmel Stay Matte (love!)
Does not break me out, good for dry-skin individuals.
Would not repurchase.

this product is very bad as a powder foundation, the finish is really cakey and patchy and it lasts like literally two minutes, although it works good as a powder because its not very pigmented and is lightweight, which is what i use it now as. in general i've seen better drugstore powder foundations than this

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. I had been using liquid foundations, but this gives me perfect, long-lasting coverage! It can be used wet or dry, I usually use it dry. I combine this product with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer & Benefit coverup and I get a flawless look. I would DEFINITELY buy this again, but I won't have too for awhile because this product lasts for a REALLY long time and trust me, I use a lot. The only downside is that the packaging can get a little messy, and by the end of school I have to re-apply.
I would totally recommend this. :)

So as everyone is complaining about the scent, it doesn't bug me that much but everyone is different. I have to admit this powder foundation is quite strange because it doesn't control oil well but it can give coverage (if that makes any sense)

The coverage of this foundation is medium, if you try to build it up it will look too cakey. Honestly, i like this when i want to have a light face on or taking pictures because it has no spf. This is so far my favorite powder foundation FOR NOW.