Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm happy that I picked up this foundation! I had a gift cert to use up at Ulta and I was just blindly picking up stuff that I normally wouldn't buy. I noticed the Lancôme display and the large selection to shades is what really drew me into wanting to try this. This is my first Lancôme foundation so I wasn't sure which shade to purchase. I'm NC40ish so I ended up finding a great skin tone match with 410W with this powder.

The coverage is insane with just one quick layer. It's full coverage AND it stays all day. This is quite amazing considering that I have very oily skin. But the key to this magical powder for being so great is that it doesn't accumulate into my fine lines around my eyes. It's a powder that somehow stays matte for majority of the day, doesn't fade off and doesn't collect into fine lines or look too powdery. In fact, this powder gives such a good finish that I often times us this instead of my Marc Jacobs for special events. I know that I can be confident that this powder will look perfect and stay in place but also, it photographs well! No flashback and the color doesn't oxidize.

Besides all that wonderful jazz, it doesn't break me out either. Powder ingredients can be tricky for me because I do still break out occasionally at my age but I don't get any with this powder. Tsk tsk, I've fallen asleep with this foundation on and still didn't get any breakouts or congestion.

The packaging is standard Lancôme with a shiny black compartment and gold lettering. The compact does come with a powder puff (shown in product pic) but also a round sponge to use as a foundation. Because I only use this as a foundation and not a setting powder, I do use the sponge applicator and it works fantastic. I use it dry by the way and I still get amazing coverage.

To compare to the previous powder foundations that I've used in the past (Kat Von D, MAC, Dior and MUFE) I much prefer Lancôme Dual Finish!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The powder itself is very nice. It applies smoothly, feels luxurious, has great coverage, gives a 'soft-focus' effect to the skin, and it comes in a wide variety of shades and skin tones. However, the price has skyrocketed throughout the years... when I first started to use it (in '07), it was $21.50, then the next thing I know it was $22.50, then jumped to $24.00, then $29.50, and now last time I purchased it it was a whopping $39.50! Oh my goodness! I am truly not against paying a certain price for a good product, but that's a little ridiculous. And, mentally comparing the packaging to the past ones that I have purchased, I feel that they have cut back on the quality; it's still nice and aesthetically pleasing, but it feels like it could break now (before the plastic felt very strong and the hinges sturdy). And if you use this for an all over foundation, or worse yet, use it wet, you use the product up very quickly. I was using mine mostly wet this last time I purchased it; dry for touch-ups, and I used it up in less than a month; all with me trying to go easy on it. And even though it does have all those nice qualities that I mentioned above, the price to quantity ratio will prevent me from buying this to use as an every day foundation; though I do like this enough to buy as a 'treat', I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of as a customer buying this every month. A nice product, but one I will have to think twice about before purchasing again...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've moved to a southern state that is quite warm so during the summer months I tend to lean toward the convenience of powder and this one delivers. I use a concealer on my problem areas and swirl this powder on with a nice fluffy brush. The finish is fabulous and isn't a problem for my mature skin that leans to the dry side. It will take me through the day looking my best which is exactly what I was after. I've done a turnaround of sorts and gone back to Lancôme products after years of absence, my skin loves them in general and it shows. Also I recently tried this applying with a wet sponge and the look is kinda flawless, it covers imperfections including a broken capillary. 5/1/2017 I'm nearly finished with this and ordered a backup, it's so versatile. Wet or dry it manages to hide my imperfections. I moisturize well and apply ss before, after I apply I add a spray of thermal water if I'm looking at all dry.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually found this powder in my mom's makeup stash and it had never been used and it seemed like a good enough match for my skin that it became mine ;) I don't dabble in powders often unless it is to top off a liquid foundation, but i have purchased a few to wear as my sole makeup for the day and was disappointed with patchiness and such. Upon further use, the shade I have, Buff II is a bit too pink for me but it works. It is the first powder I feel like I LOVE. it is soft and silky, yet provides a veil over my skin on those days I don't feel like wearing much makeup and manages to control my oil. I just look like I have perfect skin when I wear this without looking powdery. I'll just do my eyebrows, mascara, and this powder and I'm good to go when I want to tone it down. I would absolutely recommend this and I am tempted to go buy it in my perfect shade. i would like it if the powder puff it comes with had a slip for your fingers to slide into for better control. that is why I docked one lippie on packaging. Otherwise it is sleek and classy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I could not get past the heavy scent of this product. Even if it didn't make me want to scratch my face off, I would not want to smell like old roses in a stuffy room.

on 7/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

I purchased this second time because last time I purchased years ago, the shade was too dark so this time i purchased in light shade. However, I did not know that this powder was not very compatible with me.

Con: First of all, it kinda cakes up. (I used the enclosed sponge. Maybe using brush might yield a different result?). Scent is very strong rosy granny style. the surface of the powder kinda turns weird(oil seems to harden it)

Pro: This product does not break me out. Last time I purchased in Neutral and was way too dark for me. This time I purchased in Ivorie W and was slightly light for me but was Ok.

I would not repurchase this because this is horrible to use as touch up.
I am interested in Lancome Cushion Foundation at the moment.

on 6/27/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gives you more coverage than a regular setting powder but I don't like it as a substitute for foundation. It doesn't provide enough coverage for that, and has the expected powdery look. I tried it wet and hated it that way. It was choppy and still not much coverage. It's better to apply it as a powder over a liquid foundation or a BB cream, and then you might as well use a translucent setting powder.

It has a heavy scent that reminds me of Noxema. There used to be a fragrance free version of this but the SA did not believe me, so maybe they stopped making it. I really hate fragrance in my face products, especially because it is likely to cause irritation.

Dual Finish is available in a broad range of colors, so if you do like the finish you are likely to find a good match. I bought Matte Neutrale II and it's a very nice shade.

I rated this 3 out of 5. It is a good powder; it's not terrible and I know it has some die-hard fans, but I really feel that it's inferior to powder foundations from Chantecaille, MAC, Dior, and Urban Decay's new one which all look more polished than this.

The fragrance is a pet peeve.

on 4/16/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was just a so-so powder foundation for me. I didn't like the fragrance, and the colour wasn't a great match either. Didn't like how there is nowhere to store the sponge except on top of the powder. I much preferred MUFE Duo Mat, which was full coverage and better for controlling my oily skin and had a separate compartment for the sponge.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought this product about a month ago from Sephora in Matte Neutrale II and I really love it. It has a matte finish once the powder has set. It evens out my skin tone and minimizes my pores (which I definitely need because I have oily skin). This powder has great staying power (though I have yet to test it in hot weather). The only downside I have found is that it irritates my skin if i apply it wet for more coverage. Other than that, it is completely worth the money! It makes my skin look damn near perfect! The powder doesn't sit in the fine lines that are starting to form on my face, instead it seems to make them disappear so that is also a great thing! I didn't use to like to leave the house without foundation and concealer on but now I can do it confidently with just a little of this powder :-D. Will definitely be buying again. I think the price is fair because of how a little goes a long way with this product. The outcome is pretty close to flawless.

on 12/20/2014 8:23:00 PM

I bought this powder at Macy in shade Matte Wheat ll. This is a powder foundation. I didn't very like it or hate it. It's an ok product for setting foundation only. I think if you have nice skin you will like it. I don't like the colors also even with there Warm color not yellow enough. I can't find my match. I hate the packaging no separate compartment for the sponge. The powder is not soft or silky feel more chalky. There are better powder foundation out there. Bobbi Brown very soft and silky$48, Mac Studio fix powder $27, Makeup Forever Pro powder $36 and all have good packaging all have separate compartment for sponge, better colors selection yellow undertone.