Johnson & Johnson Johnson's Baby Soothing Naturals - Daily Moisturising Lotion SPF 15

No Image

3.0

1 review

on 11/22/2008 9:26:00 PM

This is a physical sunblock containing titanium dioxide. Unfortunately the tube doesn't give the percentage of titanium dioxide and this product must be very new because there are no details on the Johnson and Johnson website. However the percentage must be fairly high because it is second on the ingredients list, just after water. It's oil free and contains olive extract and vitamin e as antioxidants.
The pros - a very light runny consistency which is easy to spread, fliptop tube which is fairly easy to use, less white cast than many physical sunblocks and definitely protects against sunburn
The cons - not particularly moisturising despite the name, tends to pill if you rub too hard and has quite a strong fragrance. The fragrance itself is quite pleasant, I just can't understand why you would put such a strong fragrance in a baby product. It leaves my face looking slightly shiny, but this is taken care of with a dusting of powder. Because of its tendency to pill I doubt it would be very good under liquid foundation, but I've had no trouble putting powder blush and face powder over the top of it.
At $10AU for a 125ml tube this is one of the cheaper physical sunblocks around, and it is lighter in texture than my current favourite, so I can see myself using this on days when I'm going to be in and out all day rather than outside for extended periods of time.
Edit - I originally rated this at a 4 and said I would rebuy but I am revising my review. This pills far too much. I've tried it on dry skin with nothing underneath and I've tried it over an antioxidant serum. Both times it just pills too much. I dread to think how badly it will wear in hot weather when I perspire. I will use up the rest of the tub on days when I don't need much protection.