New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

on 9/26/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This powder is so so but it is very messy and product will get everywhere if you aren't careful. It's an okay powder to set your makeup it is a little thick. However if that is the look you are going for than this powder will work for you. If you are looking for something that is a little bit lighter then I suggest trying another loose powder. This powder seems to clog my pores and looks cakey however, it is hard to say considering I've used several different liquid foundations in conjunction with this loose powder. The prices great because it is a drugstore product however, I will try other products to set my makeup. As far as my recommendation it is based on skin type if you want to purchase this product just note keep your receipt one hand in the event you do not like it.

on 7/18/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This made my face look so cakey so fast but without even mattifying my face.
It also did NOT set my makeup and did nothing to make my makeup last longer or not crease no matter how little or how much I put on.
Basically the worst powder in the world.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Good stuff and cheap remind me of corn silk powder that you can no longer find.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

omggg, i love this all-around, just not good for traveling, the top does not screw on and it will get everywhere is you shook it around, i just tape the sides down . good to just apply all over the face to soak up oil .

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a love/hate product. I know some have said it is a cheaper MAC blot. I didn't like it. I'm super oily and MAC blot helps control the oil perfectly. This one does not, for me. It did not control oil and it left a chalky finish. I am a DDD (NW45) and I realize it's translucent but......not for me. I'll stick w/MAC.

on 5/22/2006 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have use them all. This is simply the best, better than all the rest. The price $2.50.CAD.Translucent is truely that. The only thing that I did not like about this powder was the powder puff that comes with it. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After my Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing powder compact shattered to itty bitty blue powdery bits, I decided I needed a new face powder just to absorb the oil. I thought I sweared by that yucky blue crap, but now I'm totally loving this powder. It's my first time using a loose powder and I must say I'm very happy with the product. It hasn't broken me out any and I can almost instantly see the improvement in the look of my skin. It even works on my super-oily eyelids keeping all types of eyeshadows crease-free for a really long time. Like everyone else, I totally reccommend getting rid of the little sponge that comes with it. It spreads the powder unevenly and quite heavily. But a big fluffy brush applies this stuff flawlessly. I must also add that I have dark skin and I was more than surprised that it didn't show up chalky and powdery on my skin (when not over-applied) of course. I think I'm going to be using this product for a long time.