New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/16/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Bought it because of the great reviews here but this unfortunately makes my under eye concealer very noticeable & cakey & whitish on my tan skin after about 3 hours. Maybe this is typical of loose powders or maybe it's the concealer causing this - I wouldn't know. Packaging is also flimsy & messy. Somehow one side of the cap is cracking. I've been using this for over 1 year & I don't plan on repurchasing.

on 12/15/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Super cheap but this powder is definitely not down with us pizza faced ladies.

Wore it a couple of times but my skin got really oily and it didn't cause full blown cystic acne but it did cause whiteheads.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

love this stuff! it makes me look flawless and matte. its a great and cheap translucent powder for everyday wear. it'd definitely buy this product again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I usually don't buy a lot of drugstore makeup because I don't like the fact that I can't test it out in the store but I needed a translucent powder asap. I got this product and used it for the first time the other day and I must say that I really like it. I like how it helps my makeup stay in place, didn't make me oily and most important of all, it didn't make me break out. I don't really mind the packaging...if too much powder comes out of the jar, I just use what is on the cover and pour the rest back in. I didn't have a problem with it settling into lines or making me look ghostly white. I think it is all with the way you apply it. Definitely have a soft hand when applying this. Remember, you can always add if you need to but it is more difficult to remove what you already have done.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This product is okay in my book. It's a cheap translucent powder that does the job. I don't find it as silky smooth as other powders I've used, but I don't have a problem with that. I've purchased this product three times! LOL! It lasts forever, and I was using it tons and tons for about three years.

on 4/8/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

This is a great loose powder and so cheap! They give you so much product, it would last a long, long time! I am using the naturally beige one.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I absolutely love the price. I wish all powders are less than 2 dollars. So for the price the quality is pretty good. It gives a nice sheer coverage. Be careful when applying because when you put too much it can look really powdery. I wouldn't suggest this for those that have really oily skin because it can absorb in a matter of minutes. I would buy it again if I really have to but for me, I wouldn't pick as an HG.

on 10/19/2008 1:56:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
This Product! Def. my HG!! <3
Everyone should at least try this out! It has never broken me out!
So much product, but yes; the packaging is terrible!! :(
But the product itself it amazing.. very cheap but great quality! What more could you want!?
I will def. be buying this.. again.. and again. :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I tried this powder based on the reviews. I was looking for something a bit cheaper than Bare Escentuals mineral veil. It works well to mattify shine and absorb oil. Sets foundation pretty good also. I also use it under my eye to catch eyeshadow fallout. The only problem is that the sifter has big holes causing a lot of product to come out of the container and lid doesnt screw on. At $3 I would definitely repurchase this again.

on 8/20/2008 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok, the actual powder is pretty good! Sets well, looks good, is actually translucent... You get a LOT of powder, since the thing is pretty big. And that's where it has some faults.

Okay, the sponge is not good. The packaging in general is well, utter crap. I shook it once, and then i opened it, and since its not even a screw-top lid like I expected it to be, there was powder all over the place! Ugh. So throw the sponge out. It'll be a pain to use. But still, that doesn't change the fact that you get good, translucent finishing powder at a ridiculously low price, for a ridiculously large amount! (2.57 CDN at walmart). I kid you not.

So yes, just whatever you do, don't shake it or but it in your traveling case. -winces at the horror- And above all, if you are going to open this, don't do it on carpet. Seriously. Good stuff though. I just wouldn't buy it again because of the pain of the packaging (I didn't take away any lippies for that though :))