New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder gives my foundation the most beautiful finish because it is so finely milled. It doesn't give that nasty whitecast look that silica powders create. My under-eye lines aren't magnified nor is the nasty texture of my skin. Infact I feel like this "blurs" imperfections. The shade translucent has a slight tint to it. It is a pale cool toned beige. I lean more warm toned, yet this hasn't been an issue yet.

However what has been an issue, is the fact this breaks me out if left on too long. I've purchased, thrown out, then repurchased NYC Smooth Skin loose powder about 5 times over the years. It's definitely not holy grail quality, because I find it doesn't keep me matte as long as my beloved Coty Airspun. My sebum breaking through is likely the cause of the pimples that accompany using this.

The gorgeous finish is what keeps drawing me back in.There is no shimmer (my crater pores are thankful). After looking at the ingredients I am fairly certain it's the high silk powder content that create the "glow".

I will keep to using my "holy grail" powder long term. New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder definitely has it's perks, so I'd recommend everyone at least tries it. For about $4, I don't mind throwing it out/repurchasing it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a great find! For under $3 you get a quality powder, no ifs ands or buts about it! It seems as though even if I over apply by accident I still never get a cakey look. It leaves my skin with a gorgeous finish and in no way am I left with a flat/matte look but yet on the other hand it doesn't add any shine or luminosity to the skin, it just leaves the skin looking refined and smooth. It does not accentuate any of my fine lines or flaws which is very important to me. As far as oil control goes I really can't comment on that because I have normal/dry/mature skin, however, I do get hot flashes during the day which will have me breaking into a sweat, but yet whenever I look in the mirror my skin never looks shiny or "messy" looking so I am taking it for granted that this powder is what keeps that freshly applied makeup look. If you have normal/dry skin and enjoy using powder I would definitely try this and if your oily it sure is worth a shot for under $3.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've used this powder for years. At first I bought it because of price. I ran out a few weeks ago and bought a different brand. Huge mistake. The NYC is unscented, colorless and completely sets my foundation. I don't have a problem with being oily. I did notice the Maybelline brand didn't completely set my foundation. I even tried the Bare Minerals powder. That did give me fuller coverage but did not actually set my foundation. The best thing about the NYC brand is the lack of scent. It does not give me a headache, smell powdery or like an old lady. No, the packaging isn't perfect but $3 sure is!

This powder is good, but not great.

It is worth the money but don't expect it to equal something hight end. The difference is still there. You will become more and more aware of it over time. The texture is coarse. Not to mention that for oily skin it might not be mattifying enough.

When I first tried it I was really impressed. I use loose powder after sunscreen. But it did not wear that well. The finish became less and less uniform every time I blotted.

It is still a good option though if you apply powder very lightly instead. After my sunscreen I need quite a bit of powder to remove the sheen I get. Even if I look slightly powdered at first, my very oily male skin will quickly take care of that.) But as I said, for most people who use powder sparingly this product might be more than OK.

The color is quite light and there is certainly some pink in there. But I doubt it contains much pigment. It's truly translucent. The packaging is just OK. The main problem is that the cover doesn't screw shut. Nor does it click securely in place. It just sits on there, and could easily come off in a makeup bag. But let's be honest, loose powders are not really meant to be carried with you everywhere.) I rest mine at home, quietly on the desk.)) If I go on a trip, I just block the sifter with tape. I have opened all the holes because I don't tap powder on the cover. I block the sifter with a large brush, and turn the container upside down depositing the powder directly on the brush instead. It's less messy and more economical that way.

Is it cheap? Yes.
To all Canadians I suggest checking out the loose powder by MARCELLE.
Considering the size, at Walmart it costs just as much $2.97 for 20g and $10.97 for 70g.. It is finer, smoother, impossible to overdo, and looks natural right away - no need for a setting spray.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This powder is terrible:( I was left with a cakey, powdery, grey cast (for reference I am an NC35, olive skin yellow undertones). Just skip this powder if your looking for something "translucent" head right on over the E.L.F. display and pick up the HD powder it's much more forgiving and milled more finely.

This is a great powder. It keeps my face matte for a pretty long time. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The packaging is terrible. If the container turns to the side or upside down for one second, all of the powder comes through the sift thingy out to the top. So when I open it the powder goes everywhere. But besides that I love this stuff.

Translucent powders are one of the things I collect. Don't buy mac prep and prime when you can buy this! It feels very smooth and will last about 6 hours. They even have a matching compact for touch ups. I love everything about it except for the packaging! Wow this stuff can get messy.

Great loose powder.Does what it needs to do at a low price.I would recommend using a shade one level darker than your skin tone

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite translucent powder so far. It blends onto skin so easily and creates a perfectly matte finish. It also has no scent, which I appreciate! I adore the Coty airspun but don't use it due to the smell. You get a very generous amount for so little money. If you plan to travel with this, I would recommend applying tape over the dispenser holes and onto the lid else you end up with a huge mess. I like the dispenser though! I just sprinkle some powder into the cap, swirl and tap my kabuki brush, and buff into skin. Perfect finish every time. HG!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Good stuff and cheap remind me of corn silk powder that you can no longer find.