NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/21/2014 9:05:00 PM

LOVE love this loose powder. SO so disappointed it has been discontinued. I used to buy Estée Lauder loose powder for $40 until I went through a recession and discovered NYC's loose powder for $3. I have tried all past and present drugstore and highend loose powders and NYC was by far the best. For the price it works great. It went on smooth and flawless. The staying powder was also pretty good. It also didn't oxidized. Can't believe I wasted so much money on highend powder when this was around. Too bad I discovered it too late. I was only able to buy one container. NYC! If you're listening please please bring it back.

on 1/19/2012 12:01:00 PM

Admittedly, I haven't had much success with NYC cosmetics; however, this product is a hands-down win for me!

I use this on a daily basis and have never had any issues with breakouts or irritation. It never looks cakey...ever.

This is very similar to another much-loved product for me, Clinique Blended Face Powder, but 10x cheaper.

This is a solid performer, a no frills product. It doesn't promise light diffusion, blurring of imperfections or any gimmick of the hour. What it does is set my makeup without adding any extra color, coverage or cakiness.

As most reviewers here, I think that the packaging on this absolutely sucks. Opening the jar is a delicate operation, in which any sudden movements will send large puffs of powder through the air, choking all those in sniffing distance. Also, the applicator is worthless.

Now for the good part. This powder rivals every HE powder I've tried. It doesn't advertise my occasionally dry, flaky skin when I take the proper precautions. It is invisible on my NC20/25 skin and sets my makeup very well. All for less than $3.

A cheap brush (I recommend ELF) and a refillable powder jar from Sephora will fix all faults with this product, for a total cost that is far less of comparable powders.

I'll buy it as long as they make it.

Pretty good...It does a great job of setting foundation and isn't too dark for my very pale skin. I use it over my powder foundation on my t-zone now for extra shine fighting. The packaging sucks though, you couldn't bring it along in your purse for sure it would spill all over (that's why I took off a lippy). I put some in one of those brushes with the container for a handle..you just shake it and the powder comes out into the brush...that works fine.

on 12/21/2007 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Actually I bought this to put under my eyes when I´m putting my e/s on to catch anything that falls. But one day I forgot my translucent powder home and I had to use NYC. WOW!!! I looooooved it. And the best thing is that it didn´t clog my pores at all like I thought it would happen.
I will definitely buy again!!

on 10/23/2006 11:49:00 PM

This is the best loose powder. It's a little darker than my skin, but I just apply it lightly. I wear this on "no makeup" days over my sunblock or over concealer. It leaves a matte finish. It doesn't have the power to cover up major redness, but when I wear it my skin feels clean. There is a slight sparkle to it, but it doesn't look shiny or fake in the sun.

It works and absorbs oil well. It really evens out skintone, but the sifter is odd and you really need to use a brush with it, not the cosmetic sponge it comes with. Also, don't put it in your purse because the top will come right off.

on 8/24/2004 1:55:00 PM

As a T. Leclerc powder fan, I must say this product is a really impressive!
better than Maybelline, Yves Rocher, Physician Formula etc...
This powder is very soft, non drying for your skin, the colour is perfect, the price is a joke...I switched from Leclerc to NYC.

on 4/12/2004 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*W*O*W* This stuff is awesome- much better than MAC Blot and even surpasses Lancome- just WOW! I put it on in the morning with a fluffy brush and when I took it off 10 hours later, it was still natural and light- no orange cake-face! I love this!! I hate the packaging, but I only apply powder in the morning and use blot papers the rest of the day so no one other than my hubby will ever see the ugly packaging. No breakouts and no irritation or any noticeable fragrance and its cheap! As long as no one sees me buy this stuff, I'll keep on using it :)

on 12/30/2003 3:12:00 PM

I use this powder everyday. It's great. Takes all shine away but doesn't deposit any color. I use a very large powder brush and it works superb. I cannot, however, travel with this because the packaging is not the best. I will continue to buy this until they don't make it anymore.