New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this powder! It's so inexpensive, you get so much product, and it covers up any shiny areas perfectly, without looking flat. It's very silky and easy to apply, once you get used to the packaging. The packaging can be hard to deal with at first, especially once you first open a full jar, but I've found that tapping the powder onto the lid and swirling my brush around works the best., I would definitely recommend this, and for $3, it's worth trying out, It's one of my favourite drugstore powders.

on 4/28/2014 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite drugstore loose setting powder. It really reminds me of my HG BE Mineral Veil. It's super fine milled and it does not settle into pores or leave a white cast. It's not cakey or weird.

Seriously for $2.99, you get a huge amount and the best out there from the drugstore. Sets my makeup in summer when I am more normal skin (winter and spring and Fall I am very dry). This will give that airbrushed look like Mineral Veil, it's just not minerals unfortunately.

on 4/21/2014 9:05:00 PM

LOVE love this loose powder. SO so disappointed it has been discontinued. I used to buy Este Lauder loose powder for $40 until I went through a recession and discovered NYC's loose powder for $3. I have tried all past and present drugstore and highend loose powders and NYC was by far the best. For the price it works great. It went on smooth and flawless. The staying powder was also pretty good. It also didn't oxidized. Can't believe I wasted so much money on highend powder when this was around. Too bad I discovered it too late. I was only able to buy one container. NYC! If you're listening please please bring it back.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really great powder for the price! I am new to loose powders and I wanted to try a cheap one to see if I liked it or not. It keeps me matte just as long, if not longer than other powders that I have tried and I have had not noticed a white cast or anything like that. The packaging is kind of terrible but I wouldn't expect it to be any better for such an inexpensive product.

on 4/30/2013 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wasn't expecting much when I bought this, considering it's only $2 at Walmart, but it was above and beyond what I thought it would be. It lasts me a couple months and does wonderfully to combat shine! It doesn't last more than a few hours, I think because I touch my face a lot, but it's not a problem to touch it up. I use the sponge included to press the powder into my extra-shiny areas, then use a brush to dust it across the rest of my face. Definitely won't be changing to another product.

on 3/31/2013 9:04:00 PM

My favorite powder ever. How I use this is by taking a powder puff dipping in powder then press onto my skin. By doing this its being packed into the foundation therefor doing a better job setting your foundation and staying perfect all day. I never have to touch up, or do i get a powdery finish. I use it over cover girl 3 in 1 (amazing foundation) together you get a beautiful flawless shine free finish for hours. The price is amazing $2.99 at Walmart and you get a ton of product. Only issues are alot of product fall out from the holes and the puff that comes with it is useless. But those are not good enough reasons to loose a lipstick or not purchase it. It's just to great of a powder.
And I'm going to be extremely angry is this product if discontinued.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this powder! DO NOT apply with a powder puff, use a brush or you will not get even coverage. It sets my make up well, and keeps shine away fro hours. The mediocre rating on the packaging is due to the fact that the powder comes too easily through the grate in between the bottom and the top. To avoid this, I suggest keeping the container stationary in your bathroom rather than in your purse or make up bag.

on 1/19/2012 12:01:00 PM

Admittedly, I haven't had much success with NYC cosmetics; however, this product is a hands-down win for me!

I use this on a daily basis and have never had any issues with breakouts or irritation. It never looks cakey...ever.

This is very similar to another much-loved product for me, Clinique Blended Face Powder, but 10x cheaper.

This is a good finishing powder to set your liquid foundation. I use the translucent color and feel it does a good job of setting my foundation. I tap off the excess product with my brush and apply. I've used various brushes with this product, and they've all worked just fine. It's super cheap and pretty easy to find, which is always a bonus.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

i decided it was time i bought a loose translucent setting powder and so i did. i don't have many bad things to say except that i prefer translucent powders with a teeny tiny bit of shimmer as i feel it just makes my face more glowey. however, i like this product enough that i plan to use it, and it will last me a long time. the sponge it comes with is, in my opinion, garbage. you could probably use a powder puff, but i prefer using a big powder brush and it very lightly applies it and any more than that i begin to look a bit chalky. it mattifies decently and sets my concealer well (i do not wear foundation) however sometimes i find it feels a little too dry on my skin. still, i am happy with this purchase and might buy the pressed powder for travelling.
the only problem with the packaging is the sifter is a bit too big, and some powder kind of puffs out when you open on close the lid.