New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.6

on 1/11/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this powder better than the Laura Mercier. I honestly don't understand what the whole hype is with that powdee. It's so over priced. Anyways, this keeps my skin matte and its very fine...oh yeah, and it is only $3!

i like this. it makes my face loook super smooth/shiny/glowy. lol people say i look like akorean model wheni wear this :D

I bought the N.Y.C. Loose Powder in Translucent for 3$. (Can be found at drugstores like Target, Walmart, etc) GREAT product!

~Pros:
Doesn't leave a white cast/film
Doesn't look cakey
Inexpensive
Sets makeup well(Leaves skin looking soft)
Absorbs fast
Doesn't break me out
Makes makeup last longer(about 5-8 hrs)
There's A LOT of product

~Cons:
Packaging-Powder can fly everywhere when you open the cap
Sponge that comes w/ it is useless

on 5/25/2008 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First NYC product for me. After reading all the positive reviews I had to try it out for myself.

For such a cheap $ it's an awesome product! I do have fairly nice skin and don't use foundation daily but sometimes I do like to wear a bit of this stuff to even out my skin. I get complements and they're shocked that I use a $3 product!

HG! I have found that touching up with the pressed powder will work great.

on 12/3/2006 8:02:00 AM

my current HG loose powder.
powder is very fine and has slight shimmers to it. i look glowy instead of matte and its not overly shiny. simply love it. and it has a lot of content for the price! 20g!
the sponge sucks thou. def rebuy.

on 10/29/2006 11:35:00 AM

I, too, jumped on the NYC loose powder bandwagon because of the raves it was getting on the message boards. I am a drugstore diva, but even I probably wouldn't have touched this--it *looks* cheap, the line seems icky and pre-teenish, and powders are very touchy territory with my skin in terms of breakouts. I figured this was worth a try for the pricetag ($2.99 at Target).

I have been converted. It's what everyone else says; just apply it with a fluffy brush (I love Stila's #8 for this) and you have a flawless face. I've used it to set my TM and on my bareface when I was running late, and both have given me a great, natural look. I usually need a touch-up on my T-zone by mid-day, but overall you can't beat this.

Yes, the packaging sucks. Just decant it into a cheapie twist-off sifter (you can get them on eBay for cheap, or just reuse a MM container) and you can travel with it everyday. You can also just tape the lid shut if you need to.

So, overall: great quality, great quantity, great price. Crappy packaging, but don't be put off by that! continued >>

on 4/3/2006 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

two thumbs up for this powder..I've never experienced smooth looking complexion with other powder, but with this sets my face glowing after the oil of olay shine free foundation. It lasts long, and yeah,I use brush to apply, what I do is pour little powder inside the lid, then swirl the brush, tap the excess, and apply it to my face.
The price is unbeatable, got it under $3 from walmart.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow! I don't know where to begin!! For all those gals with really oily faces this is an option. Being one of those 'blessed' few girl I haven't ever been able to find a good power or foundation that doesn't go south after a couple of minutes. That's where NYC comes in this power instantly mattifies and stays longer than alot of the powers I've tried on. Plus during the day my face gives a certain glow - like the natural healthy look it doesn't go oily which is pretty neat. Amazing amazing product - defenitely serves its function. Well there is a saying 'u can't have the good without the bad' - now comming to the bad part the packaging is horrible the hygenic sticker it comes along with is really hard to remove. The pink sponge applicator is simply impossible (I use a power brush) so I have to open up the compartment such that all the power is revealed and when you tend to do that - it tends to get a bit messy!! For the price and quality of product though I don't mind so much!

Hmmm, I'm definitely in the minority here. This powder did nothing special for me, and in fact performed worse than just about any others. It caked, it was too dark (even in translucent), and it didn't control shine very well for me. For some crazy reason, my Cover Girl Clean pressed powder is really the only one that works, even compared to expensive brands. Its great this works for so many people, but for me, unfortunately, no.