NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/1/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I have tan skin and this makes my foundation look ashy. I haven't tried a setting spray on top because I already threw the powder away.. Yes I don't like it.

Also it makes my undereyes look very dry, cracked and powdery, but on the rest of the face it doesnt control oil as well as Id like.

Maybe fair women that use setting spray and powder sparingly would prefer this. I threw away both this loose version and the compact version, which I found to be better than the loose.

on 2/10/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This powder is great if you're on a budget, considering how cheap it is ($3-4 at Target). It sets my makeup nicely, and although it's not the most finely milled powder I've ever used, it doesn't come off as cakey. My only gripe is the horrendous packaging. I made the mistake of completely removing the paper the sifter and about half of the product came out into the lid. And the lid doesn't screw shut, so I have to be very careful when I'm opening/closing it. I can't complain too much considering how inexpensive this is. Overall, this is a great drugstore powder which I've repurchased many time, and I definitely recommend it.

on 3/7/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a cheap alternative to bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the verdict is still up in the air on this. The packaging, like others have said, is awful. Powder gets everywhere so be careful- definitely cover all but 3 wholes and keep it in a ziploc bag.

on 9/20/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this powder specifically for catching any "fallout" when applying eye shadows.

Because I am one of those types of girls who prefers to complete my foundation/concealer routine before I do my eye makeup, I am always concerned with eye shadow fallout - and especially so because I'm not the neatest when applying my eye makeup, if that makes any sense.

Basically after my foundation is complete I will sweep a generous amount of this under my eyes and work my magic, and then swipe it away with my trusty fan brush when done. Fallout is gone, my under eye area feels super smooth & my concealer has been set just a little more (which for me is always a good thing). Also worth mentioning, I am an olive-tanned skin girl and never experience any chalkiness on my complexion. Not to mention that the retail price for this is 2.99$ at my local drugstore here in New York City. I was able to grab this for 1.80$ at Rite Aid because they were running an additional 40% off on NYC Cosmetics. Score!

All in all, I find the formulation to be super smooth and almost buttery feeling, it knocks out the messy job with eye shadow fallout & helps to set my concealer as a bonus, and the price cannot be beat with a stick. Seriously. Though the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, I store this at home, so really no complaints from me.

Will most definitely purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff was amazing when i first bought it. it was cheap and because i bought it in translucent, i didn't have to worry about it not matching my skin tone perfectly and grossing up my face. and it was perfect for soaking up oil, it just took all the shine away. that being said, i can't stand using this powder anymore. i bought this a total of two or three times until i realized it was breaking me out horribly. i would wake up in the morning with decent skin (decent for me) with some regular bumps around my nose and chin that had no heads. just red bumps that i knew would go away eventually with my medication. i put on this powder with the rest of my makeup and i realized that as the day went on, i got more and more acne on my face in places i knew i didn't have anything before. they were always really obvious whiteheads that got worse and more painful as the day went on. i changed my foundation to a more skinfriendly one which works awesome but it didn't help this problem. now i realize it's this powder, because whenever i don't wear it, i never break out during the day.

so final words. it's a good powder if you're not acne-prone. if you are, it's definitely worth a try, but be a little weary of it....because it can definitely cause you some problems.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I usually don't buy a lot of drugstore makeup because I don't like the fact that I can't test it out in the store but I needed a translucent powder asap. I got this product and used it for the first time the other day and I must say that I really like it. I like how it helps my makeup stay in place, didn't make me oily and most important of all, it didn't make me break out. I don't really mind the packaging...if too much powder comes out of the jar, I just use what is on the cover and pour the rest back in. I didn't have a problem with it settling into lines or making me look ghostly white. I think it is all with the way you apply it. Definitely have a soft hand when applying this. Remember, you can always add if you need to but it is more difficult to remove what you already have done.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ok, as others have said, the only bad part about this is the packaging, the sifter is way to big, even tried to tape back up a few holes and regardless way too much comes out. But there is the option of moving the powder to a diff jar/container or be careful bc its a puff cloud opening or closing. But for $2-3 i cannot tell u how awesome the product/powder is. I have semi dry pale skin, no oil prob maybe under eyes but the powder i swear sets everything perfectly. All over face with a powder or kabuki brush and my makeup is set for the day. I have pale skin so it doesnt look white or powdery and my dry spots dont show. It makes my face look perfect! I use a small brush and pat/swipe a teeny bit on under eye area and this has worked wonders for my liners, normally most will smear or run down my face bc my allergies give me watery eyes sometimes no prob with this powder. I cant believe people spend more than $3 bc this is truly a drugstore find! It will work well for everyone! Get it n try it! Ull be amazed! (They also make a pressed form and thats amazing too- i use both alternate daily. Its $2 so its great too.) I love Nyc for making such great cruelty free products- esp this powder i have been using forever and will continue buying forever!

on 10/1/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I swear, I am never buying high end makeup again. I was previously using BE Mineral Veil without even thinking about how well it works. I was mainly using it because it's suppose to be skin-friendly. I have also used other translucent powders and now I have finally realized I have been throwing my money away all these years. In fact, I was using mainly all high end makeup products until recently. I just thought you can't get quality makeup unless you pay a lot. Not true, you just have to find the right ones that work for you. This loose powder is dirt cheap (I think I paid $2.75) and it works very well. It doesn't look chalky or cakey and gives a good amount of oil control which is exactly what I was looking for. I will forever buy this product.
Note: A lot of the product comes spilling out of the sifter so be careful when turning it upside down. Also, this product has talc in it which is fine with pressed but it's actually not good for you to inhale. Just remember to hold your breath when applying.

i love this powder! def HG material!!!! i have large pores on my cheeks and this powder seem to minimize them. i first bought the pressed powder in natural beige and at first i liked it because it doesnt cake on me but the color seem obvious so i got this and its perfect (the powder, not the packaging). i use a TM, a little blush, and set it with this wonderful powder and i get a nice polished face!!!

on 4/30/2010 9:30:00 PM

The first few weeks I was using this product I was in love. Picked it up for real cheap (About $2?) at Target. When used with primer I barely needed any touching up for oiliness. However, I noticed that as of late my skin has broken out terribly in places I've never broken out before. My cheeks and forehead are covered in cystic acne and milia. I am 90% sure it's because of this powder and it's not the first time a NYC powder has broken me out. I might keep on using it because it works so well, but it's turning into a vicious cycle of putting on this powder that makes my skin look good, which ends up causing me to break out, making me put on more powder, etc., etc.

Don't recommend it for those with sensitive skin and acne issues.