New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

on 9/26/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This powder is so so but it is very messy and product will get everywhere if you aren't careful. It's an okay powder to set your makeup it is a little thick. However if that is the look you are going for than this powder will work for you. If you are looking for something that is a little bit lighter then I suggest trying another loose powder. This powder seems to clog my pores and looks cakey however, it is hard to say considering I've used several different liquid foundations in conjunction with this loose powder. The prices great because it is a drugstore product however, I will try other products to set my makeup. As far as my recommendation it is based on skin type if you want to purchase this product just note keep your receipt one hand in the event you do not like it.

on 4/29/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

You get a lot of product for what you paid for and it sets my foundation perfectly. It's also very cheap. The only con is that when you shake it out, it can go all over the place.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product does what it's supposed to and sets my foundation nicely, although it certainly doesn't last through an entire day. If I apply my makeup at 8am in the morning, my face will turn back into quite the greaseball by 6pm. I know what you're thinking... just touch it up! Bad idea... the product has an absolutely horrible lid that does not keep any powder where it's supposed to. So, traveling with this particular item is pretty much out of the question.

It is cheap, and I may buy it again if I'm ever strapped for cash. Otherwise, I'd opt out of this one. It is translucent though, which was my main concern (many MUA-ers that gave this product good reviews mentioned that they were fairly light in skin tone). I'm an NC40-42 and this powder doesn't add any colour to my face when I use it, which was a relief.

Overall, does it's job (and for $3, it does it well), but I think I'll shell out a few more bucks for another loose powder next time!