New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Does not work for me on dry areas, it will look patchy everywhere except my nose. When I do try to blend it in better it crumbles and looks uneven. My nose seems to be the exception, seeing as it does mattify it and leave it smooth. Sometimes though I do get a smooth application but the effect leaves after a couple of hours.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Poor quality. Makes face look cakey. It also broke me out badly, probably due to the talc. Will not purchase again. I'll stick to my urban decay face powder, more expensive but worth it.

on 4/30/2013 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wasn't expecting much when I bought this, considering it's only $2 at Walmart, but it was above and beyond what I thought it would be. It lasts me a couple months and does wonderfully to combat shine! It doesn't last more than a few hours, I think because I touch my face a lot, but it's not a problem to touch it up. I use the sponge included to press the powder into my extra-shiny areas, then use a brush to dust it across the rest of my face. Definitely won't be changing to another product.

on 4/25/2013 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I cannot believe how awesome this loose powder is. I have tried so many loose powders, only to have them wear off in only a few hours and not do well enough at oil/shine control. I thought that perhaps loose powders just didn't work for me and I should just stick with pressed powders. Until I found this one!

Even after hours, it barely fades. I usually reapply after around 7 hours, but in all honesty I could probably wait 8 or 9 before reapplying. But minimal wearing-off does start to occur around 7 hours or so. By wearing off I mean the unwanted shine starts to come back.

Besides it's superior staying power, the finish of this loose powder is flawless and just what I was looking for. What I was looking for was something that offered decent coverage but still allowed my natural skin to show through. (I've noticed that look is hard to achieve with pressed powder) This does exactly that- evens out my skin tone, a little goes a long way. I love how this loose powder can be used for a dewy or matte look, it's so versatile! It provides just enough shine control to make my face not look oily, but does let my natural skin breathe. The look is never powdery, chalky, too matte, etc. I get a very luminous, flawless, natural look from this powder whether I'm going for a dewy or matte look.

Just remember to slowly and lightly shake the powder into the cap for putting your brush into, because a lot comes out all at once. But it's easy to work around. It also seems like it could leak/spill easily so I make sure to store this upright and not in a travel bag. If you travel a lot, this isnt' for you.

Perfect for anytime, all the time. Highly recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite translucent powder so far. It blends onto skin so easily and creates a perfectly matte finish. It also has no scent, which I appreciate! I adore the Coty airspun but don't use it due to the smell. You get a very generous amount for so little money. If you plan to travel with this, I would recommend applying tape over the dispenser holes and onto the lid else you end up with a huge mess. I like the dispenser though! I just sprinkle some powder into the cap, swirl and tap my kabuki brush, and buff into skin. Perfect finish every time. HG!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder after reading so many good reviews . It was really cheap . $3 at my local Walmart . So the packaging is alright . You slide/pull the lid off to reveal the sifter and powder . The trick to avoid getting the powder everywhere is to cover all but 3-4 sifter holes. That way you get enough powder out without it being a complete mess . Oh and throw away the little puff. It's useless . Use a really good powder brush instead. Now onto the powder . It's a really nice setting powder . I use it to set my concealer and it works really well. It keeps my face matte and smooth looking . For the price and product I would def recommend trying it . It's a really nice setting powder over all .

on 11/7/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the first loose powder I've ever tried and I am quite pleased with it. My only problem is the clumsy packaging. It is very flimsy and the top comes off really easily so you can't take it with you anywhere since it will dump out. I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 6/22/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This was the first setting powder I ever tried way back when I first started wearing makeup. I didn't even know it was setting powder I just knew I needed powder and I didn't like the pressed kind.

I think this is a great product though, it leave a nice smooth non-powdery looking finish, it's dirt cheep,the packaging is a little bulky and not travel friendly but that fine by me.

I have moved on to bigger and better loose powders but I always keep on of these in the back of my face drawer just in case, because I do think it is a great product!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this powder I only use it to set my under eye concealer and I looks really nice I wouldnt use it to set me foundation though, however its only 2.74 at target! you cant beat the price, but the packaging does suck!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is my HG powder. It doesn't show up at all on my pale skin and keeps my skin matte without looking cakey. I agree with everyone else that the packaging is less than ideal, I usually cover about half of the holes that the powder comes out of with tape so that when I shake it I don't get too much. You can't take it with you in your bag or you risk spilling it everywhere, so I shake some into an old Altoids Sours tin that I've washed out and covered in colored duct tape and take it with me for touchups, although I usually don't need any unless it's very hot and humid.