New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/29/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very finely milled. Easy to blend. Undetectable on the skin. Matte finish. Good oil control, yet non drying. Good color match. Fragrance free. Repurchasing for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This powder is terrible:( I was left with a cakey, powdery, grey cast (for reference I am an NC35, olive skin yellow undertones). Just skip this powder if your looking for something "translucent" head right on over the E.L.F. display and pick up the HD powder it's much more forgiving and milled more finely.

on 3/7/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a cheap alternative to bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the verdict is still up in the air on this. The packaging, like others have said, is awful. Powder gets everywhere so be careful- definitely cover all but 3 wholes and keep it in a ziploc bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this powder! DO NOT apply with a powder puff, use a brush or you will not get even coverage. It sets my make up well, and keeps shine away fro hours. The mediocre rating on the packaging is due to the fact that the powder comes too easily through the grate in between the bottom and the top. To avoid this, I suggest keeping the container stationary in your bathroom rather than in your purse or make up bag.

on 11/7/2008 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Until recently I'd been using MAC's Loose Blot Powder fairly unquestioningly for about 18 months. When I bought it I didn't need to pay attention to comedogenic ingredients, but since then I've started taking some long-term medication that causes my skin to be more prone to blemishes. I started to notice that the more regularly I wore LBP (daily rather than a couple of times a week) the worse my skin looked and the more make-up I felt I needed. Rather than get sucked into this vicious cycle, I double-checked the ingredients and went in search of an alternative.

My first port of call was, of course, MUA, which led me to NYC's loose powder in translucent. NYC products are more expensive in the UK than the US, but then pretty much everything is, and they're still among the cheapest cosmetics available. I was a wary of buying this for that reason, but as the ingredients are considerably less acne-bothering than the higher-end version I'd been using, yet priced lower, I didn't hesitate for long. This has turned out to be a great buy so far. It makes that unregulated claim of claims to be non-comedogenic, which after a few months' use still seems accurate. Virtually traceless on my skin, this delivers a great finish, without straying into artificial extremes. I thought the product might compromise on durability since it was so reasonably priced, but its staying power is impressive by any standards. Earlier this week I realised it had lasted through an emotional all-night election party - well over eight hours - and at a time like that I still managed to be struck by how well my powder was holding up.

As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is fairly dire. Although I'd give the product itself five, I've felt compelled to withold a lippy because of the flimsy pull-off lid. My technique for this is to keep the sponge provided in place over the sifter holes and tap it into the lid before each application. Then I swirl a kabuki brush round the inside of the lid to pick up a veil of powder and dust/buff it over my face. So far, so similar to every other loose powder I've used. My beef with this is that it would be really unwise to travel with. I never carry powder in my bag day-to-day, and would use a pressed product if I did touch up, but for trips and holidays I can envisage powdery accidents. I've decanted some of this into an empty compact.

INGREDIENTS: Talc, zinc stearate, silica, kaolin, aluminium starch, octenylsuccinate, ethylhexyl palmitate, calendula extract, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben. May contain: mica, iron oxides. 2.99 from Superdrug.

on 10/19/2008 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. It's very finely milled IMO and isn't obvious when on. You also get a lot for your money.

on 4/13/2006 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

This is not meant for those w/dry skin. Works great for those who want to control oil. I believe it is because of the Kaolin in its ingrediants. I only use on T-zone. Try to apply lightly, as too much may make you look too white. A little goes a long way, but tend not to use this much, as it makes the skin look too pasty white

on 3/11/2005 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

"Seemed" to be a really good, light powder, but the flap you have to peel off left behind a very sticky residue, hence making it impossible for me to be able to use it effectively & quickly in the AM. B/c of the "horrible" pkging, won't be buying it again.

The packaging and accompanying puff is a joke, but even that can't bring down the score I'm giving NYC's loose translucent powder. I apply with a powder brush to set my makeup in the morning; as long as I don't pile too much on, I'm more matte and everything is blended. It's also incredibly inexpensive. Something about this works better for me than Bare Escentual's Mineral Veil (I also use NYC's powder to set my BE), so I win on function as well as price.

on 4/12/2004 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

*W*O*W* This stuff is awesome- much better than MAC Blot and even surpasses Lancome- just WOW! I put it on in the morning with a fluffy brush and when I took it off 10 hours later, it was still natural and light- no orange cake-face! I love this!! I hate the packaging, but I only apply powder in the morning and use blot papers the rest of the day so no one other than my hubby will ever see the ugly packaging. No breakouts and no irritation or any noticeable fragrance and its cheap! As long as no one sees me buy this stuff, I'll keep on using it :)