NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - TranslucentNYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. When paired with NYC's smooth liquid foundation my makeup looks good and holds up throughout the day. It doesn't add any color and sets my foundation without making it look cakey. When I apply I actually use the puff it comes with. I take off the clear plastic sieve to get to the product. It's such a good product and it's so cheap...you can't go wrong with this one.

on 1/30/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wanted to love it but it totally makes me break out. I have used this maybe seven times and every time end up with bumps on my nose. I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin either but I must be allergic to some ingredient. Despite the breakouts it works fine at setting makeup and giving a light matte finish.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started using this product a couple of days ago after reading so many good reviews...and because I'd like to spare my Lancome :)
So far it's a really good powder, it keeps the oil at bay for 3 hours or so (great in my case since I have very oily skin and usually need touch ups every 2 hours :O ). I use it on top of my Olay touch of foundation and the effect is nice, it leaves my skin feeling soft and cool, not cake-y and not heavy. It doesn't offer great coverage, but evens out skin tone and texture, which is great for me since I like showing off the natural color on my cheeks instead of applying blush :)
It doesn't feel like the kind of product that makes my skin breaks out (CG clean gives me bumps in just a couple of hours) I'll update on this point.
The package is crappy though, so I need to find a better one to be able to take the powder with me for touch-ups.
Final word: it's not my HG loose powder but could be a runner up :)

on 10/5/2007 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was a huge surprise for me. Although, it probably shouldn't have been since I have several NYC products as staples in my makeup bag.
I am an oily-skinned girl who normally wears Benefit Boi-ing concealer and L'Oreal mineral powder foundation as my daily coverage. I still wind up needing to blot with blotting sheets at least once during the day. While at the store, I saw this and picked it up on a whim, much like the rest of you! At $2.99, I also thought I wasn't losing much if it sucked.
As for the packaging, I don't see a problem with it. It's been ages since I've used loose powder, so maybe it's come a long way, but it's the same container as I usually see. I keep it in my drawer at work for a light dusting after I get there, so it doesn't get moved around much.
I find the texture to actually be really silky and finely milled, like Bare Minerals. I have Translucent, which is a must for my super fair skin.
I usually tap some out into the lid and swirl my brush around, then tap off the excess. Over makeup, it sops up my 3pm oil slick without adding any more color or texture, and alone, it really just provides a silky sheer veil which miraculously evens out my skin tone very well. I almost find it's like what a primer does, only without the oil that primers give me. At super oily times, I'll even use the little pad that comes with it and tap it on my t-zone.
I don't know how they do it, but this product works great for me. I only have to use it once a day since it mattefies me so well, and rarely even have to use my blotting sheets any more! I was about to shell out bucks for MUFE's loose powder, but I'm glad I tried this instead. I have always had problem skin, but so far, after a few weeks, this seems to be playing nice. For anyone needing a basic makeup setter or plain 'ol loose powder, I'll even buy one *for* you! Tons of product too, so that $3 goes a long way! I took off one lippie because while it's awesome, it's not magic - I mean it doesn't make my skin look like it's airbrushed or anything, but it far exceeds what I thought it would do. Well done, NYC!

on 4/3/2006 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

two thumbs up for this powder..I've never experienced smooth looking complexion with other powder, but with this sets my face glowing after the oil of olay shine free foundation. It lasts long, and yeah,I use brush to apply, what I do is pour little powder inside the lid, then swirl the brush, tap the excess, and apply it to my face.
The price is unbeatable, got it under $3 from walmart.